• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burned and Tin Towers Real world connection

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    You forgot the part about how Lugia emerging from the Brass Tower as it burns symbolizes that it was Osama who was behind the attack.

Creepy? Yes. Metaphorical? Hardly. Also, they changed it from Tin Tower (Sounds pretty close to twin tower, huh?) to Bell Tower.

Years
    The only bit I can really see is the renaming of T(w)in Tower to Bell(end) Tower. xD

Nintendo seem to want to come over as the family-friendly company, and I dare say there are a lot of families affected by 9/11, so I can see that change being done for those reasons.

Years
    Welcome to why Tin Tower was renamed :]

I can understand why they did it and I have no problems with it, but people are still [obviously] gonna see the connection, and I myself will remain calling it the Tin Tower because I just like the sound of that better.

Ontopic, that wasn't done on purpose obviously, but it's still a funny little connection, isn't it? Although, I must correct you by saying that Ho-Oh was based off a chinese Phoenix, a bird that rises from its own ashes. But the metaphor still works.

Years
    Note: not every falling/burning tower is a symbol of, a prediction of, or an allusion to the Twin Towers. Towers have been around for a long time (such as the real ones the game towers are based on) and like all structures have their share of fires and collapses.

In any case, Ho-Oh is red, white and green so obviously it's meant to symbolically represent Mexico.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In my time on this forum, I've seen this theory posted before.

Really, just... don't be so allegoric. I got a shard of metal in my eye recently, and what might one suppose that's symbolic of — one of the aircraft's impacts? Honestly now...

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Bulbapedia's Article said:
    The Japanese name of the tower, スズのとう Suzu no Tō, could be translated either to "Tin Tower" (as it was in Generation II), or "Bell Tower" (as it was in Generation IV). Tin is a metal that has a bright, silvery sheen, but is far less valuable than actual silver. Suzu are a type of bell used in Shinto rituals, which both the Clear Bell and Tidal Bell are based on.
    /shrug

You'll make yourself crazy if you overthink every little detail of a video game, or really anything. As one of my teachers says, the most important rule of history is "don't overlook the obvious."

Back