• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

But that doesn't look right...

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
    Jirachi. I always appeared Normal/Psychic, Not STEEL~!!!
    Another one (although its probably only me) Wailmer looked like Spheal so i thought it was Water/Ice.
    Another one, at first glance, I thought Arceus normal was Arceus electric.
    lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Lucario being a steel type makes no sense, either. Riolu doesn't look much different, but he's pure fighting. What were they thinking? At least Empoleon looks like he's got some steel on him.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Oh yeah, another misleading pokemon. Mantyke is actually flying/normal type when it's parent is water/flying..... so weird.

300th post! GAHHH!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Azurill is the main pokemon that confused me. I also always never knew Armaldo was part bug. I always assumed it to be Rock/Steel.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Armaldo should have been Bug-Steel!
    The thing with Lucario is that they pulled a "wolverine" on him (drugged him down, then injected metals into his body).
    now he can shoot that spike up from his hand at will (I would rather have wolverines claws).

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    When I first saw Wobbuffet, I thought it was a normal type. I also once thought Dunesparce was a bug type.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Oh yeah, another misleading pokemon. Mantyke is actually flying/normal type when it's parent is water/flying..... so weird.

But.. Mantyke is Water/Flying...

I always thought that it was odd for Togetic to be part flying. I know it has wings, but...

Years

what? i never knew that, i thought it was water! O.o there you have it folks!

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    what? i never knew that, i thought it was water! O.o there you have it folks!

Actually, it is water/flying xD
    That guy doesn't have his facts straight apparently.

Gligar is so confusing. It's ground/flying. But how the fluk does that work? -_-

-Tator

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    i keep forgetting cradily is part rock type
    wtf? i know its a fossil but a rock?

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Both Gligar and Sneasel have confused me. I thought Gligar was a part poison type (since it kinda looks like a scorpion, it would make sense) and it took me a long while to realize Sneasel was ice type. For some reason, I thought it was a grass type. Well, it appeared in just ordinary grass in Gold/Silver, so it didn't come to my mind it could be ice-type.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gligar is confusing. It learns Poison Sting, so sometimes I throw a Psychic attack at it and wonder why it's not super effective. Ground? Really? If it's based off a scorpion, wouldn't Poison make more sense? -shrug-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, he's Water/Flying, but it just seemed a little more expected. I don't know why though. -shrug-

Years
    • Seen today
    It's not hard to figure out why Gyarados and Charizard are half-Flying instead of half-Dragon. It's that the Dragon type was added late in production and exclusive to the Dratini line, and that's how they wanted it to be.

There's another possible reason. At the time, the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage, which deals a fixed damage, and thus the Dragon-type would do nothing for their type-coverage, while flying does.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    In D/P/P, Azurill is in the water type gym, why?! They are tricking us on purpose.

Back