• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buying Base set booster box need advice

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
Years
  • So I just bought a mint condition base set 1 booster box and I was wondering if from a collectors point of view should I encase the box for protection, open it and have the booster packs psa graded and sealed or open the packs and have all the individual cards psa graded and sealed? Im not looking to sell it down the road for more I was just wondering which option is better. I called psa and they unfortunately don't grade and seal booster boxes.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • That's what I was thinking of doing originally but I wasn't sure if having things psa graded and sealed would add value and rarity or not. I agree psa does do a pretty brutal job sometimes. I don't like how they fold the tops and bottoms of the booster packs. I've also heard their pretty harsh on grading. I talked to a guy who went as far as to wear gloves while opening his mint condition 1st edition jungle booster box and they graded every one if his cards mint-9. Thank you for the advice ^_^ you just made my decision much easier.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • Oh really? Wow. I didn't even know there were other card grading companies. lol Is becket more catered to collecting then psa? As far as I know psa is pretty much the to to place for card grading.

Back