• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] BW2 - Scripting Iussue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello Community,
    Right now I got a problem with a script, but I think it is just a general problem.
    I added an NPC to the overworld and assigned him to use script three, as the other two are used by the other two persons in the room. But as soon as I change it the game crashes in-game. I guess I have done something wrong.

Detailed Version:

The first file will show you the data that I typed in the NPC editor, I think everything is right here.
    Next is the in game view of the little girl that I added to the game, eveything work still. Note that I have not touched the script file yet, I have only added the overworld file to the game, so as expected she is doing nothing.
    Now the third file shows the original scripts of this map. I have located the two for the other NPCs (marked with blue color). So now my idea was, because I just started to learn how to script to take a script that already works, which is script two that is used by the young boy also in the picture.
    I copied the needed values down and created a new header index for script three. Right after that I added 4 bytes to the previous pointers so that that point to their original location, too.

But if I try the script out in-game, nothing works. I guess the script for the whole map is broken (luckily I have backups). But what happened, what have I done wrong?

I hope you can help me! ~_~

EDIT 1: Detailed Version of the problem, better understanding, added colors to pictures

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back