• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C# Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2014
    I Have thought about doing this for a while, making a pokemon game in c#. If you don't know what c# is it is like c++.

It would consist of all the lands discovered and be able to catch all the pokemon, instead of having to buy about 7 different FNG VERSIONS!!! It would consist of PROPER miltiplayer, like groups, guilds etc, and be free. Single player would also be moddable but multiplayer would'nt. It would be PC Only until I can figure out how to get MONO working. I would make it with .net framework 2 or 3.5. If anyone is a good c# coder, and would like to help, I would be happy.
    If anyone else wants to help(ie, pictures, music, etc) I would accept their help too.

Scince there are 490 odd pokemon with another 100 odd coming out every several years I cannot be bothered to enter most of the data myself. I have created a program that will allow you to enter the data/moves yourself. So to help, enter the data for 10 or so pokemon and moves, and post them on this thread, and I will add them to the game. I use the Pearl/Diamond Pokemon book, that has data about every move and pokemon excluding 3.

The attatchment is the Program. It has the source code and has almost no error checking, but I will release another version later. You need to create the directorys of C:/Program Files/PokeWorld/Data/Pokemon and C:/Program Files/PokeWorld/Data/Moves
    and insert a blank index.txt file into both of them.

The exe requires .net framework 3.5 and is in PokeBrowser/Pokebrowser/Bin/Release inside the zip file.

Sorry, cannot upload here, here is actual link.

www(dot)rapidshare(dot)com(slash)files(slash)130279427(slash)pokeBrowser(dot)zip(dot)html

replace the (dot) with . and the (slash) with /

Last edited:

namakemono456

PoketEngine Creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    This is kind of funny, but I've been working on a C# game engine in order to do this very thing... In fact because I don't like to just copy things at first I'm working on my own game using C# and XNA (prebuilt content management = easy start) if you ever need help coding I'd be more than happy to help you, but don't expect help with art (try running the game :P)

Oh and a ling to my game progressing site is: blog (dot ) matthewforsyth (dot) com

(stupid 15 post count thing....)

Back