• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caleb's Poke Transformation

Radial TIA

Sonic and Kingdom Hearts lover
    Years
    Hey everybody!I'm a new user here on the forums and I decided to post this fan-fic for all of you to see!I hope you like it!
    The latest
    updates will probably be once every week or something like that.If I'm going on a trip to Kings Island or somewhere like that then I might put up
    a post about how long I will be away and such so nobody bothers me about chapters or something like that.If I'm not here
    for more than a week then I might put up two chapters as a present.Just don't bother me about chapters and such.I could have
    troubles in my real life and could be dealing with them at the moment and hey.I said I might sometimes put up two chapters
    as a present.So I hope this will be an awesome fan-fic.It's my first.Enjoy!

Prologue

Caleb marched up the stairs. He walked past Nicole's room and hurried to find his. Stopping at the end of the long hall, he looked up at the
    small door. It had white paint colored all over it and a golden doorknob sat stuck to the right of the center.

Caleb sighed. Why did we have to move here? This is such a long hallway....... And the school is even worse than this giant house! Almost all the kids make fun of me for no apparent reason!
    I hate this place!

Caleb departed from his train of thought as he found himself already opening the door.He walked inside and looked around him as the door shut itself. Caleb sighed yet again. Why did the door have to have an automatic hinge?
    Atleast I have a cool room....... Caleb ran his fingers over the wooden wall that stood to his left.

The room was perfectly fine. There were two cans worth of black paint covering the walls and a large carpet of the same color laying on the floor.
    A Shadow the Hedgehog blanket laid on the medium sized bed and Kingdom Hearts and Sonic the Hedgehog posters covered most of the wall.

The large window stuck to the wall right beside the bed. The chesnut nightstand sat to the opposite side of the bed with a lamp sitting on top of it. It's drawers contained none other than old video games and pokeballs that had never been used.

Caleb knew his room was very small but he liked it this way. He walked over to his bed and relaxed himself as his muscles fell into touch with his comfortable mattress.

He warned himself not to fall asleep but did anyway. But two hours later, his adventurous dream came to an end.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Caleb started. He quickly looked around him. Nothing seemed to have been moved. He listened closely for the beeping noise again. It suddenly rose again but more softer.

He ran over to the center of the noise, apparently outside his window. He was surprised to see his grandmother being lifted onto a strecher and into an ambulance.

What happened? Why's grandma hurt? Caleb ran out his room, locking it while pulling his backpack onto his back. He ran down the long hallway and slid down the banister next to the stairs. After quickly checking his pocket to make sure Sonic was in there, he slammed the door shut and ran across the small yard.

Caleb ran into his older cousin, Nicole. He stifled a laugh as Nicole's head turned to face him. Her brown curls had blond highlights in them. They bounced up and down as she glared at Caleb.
    Nicole was just like any fifteen year old older cousin. She was super bossy to her little cousin, Caleb, and hated to have to try to be nice to him. She usually wore her school uniform but today, she had on her white pajamas. For some reason, Caleb didn't think the cute little bunnies covering her pajamas were funny.

Caleb quickly straightened himself. He knew that Nicole would have the knowledge of what had happened to their grandmother.

"Why is Grandma in an ambulance?"

Nicole's face changed from fury to sadness. Her hands formed into tight grips on Caleb's shoulders as her eyes filled with tears.

"Grandma and I were sitting on the couch, playing a game of Monopoly when she suddenly collapsed."

Caleb's eyes widened. "Grandma collapsed?"

"Yes. They say it's most likely that she won't live.... They say she's just too old..."

Caleb's arms roughly pushed away his sister's grip and he ran back into the house.

He slammed the door open and hurried up the stairs. He pushed his way to the small door at the end of the long hallway.
    His gray eyes were able to see in the pitch black darkness so he never turned on the light. He fumbled in his pocket for one of his keys.
    After finding the one he needed, he ran over to the window. He unlocked the tiny lock near the bottom of the clear window pane and pushed it open.

He climbed out the window and held on to the roof. He shut the window with his foot and pulled himself onto the roof of the giant house. He climbed upward until he was at the top of the roof.
    He sat down and watched as the stars and moon sat in the sky. They were so amazing to him, he couldn't remove his gaze from the nighttime scene.

He sighed tiredly. First mom....... Then grandma.
    When Caleb was four, his father left his family because he had business. Then when Caleb was six, his mother died from a terrible disease that had been going around.
    Due to those circumstances, Caleb's grandmother had taken care of Caleb. But he had always been shy and quiet but also very dark. Since he never had any friends, his grandmother tried to cheer him up.
    So as a present, she went to her daughter's house and brought Caleb's cousin Nicole to visit for a few months.
    Caleb had not gotten along well with Nicole though and she had just turned his life into an even more hard and cold state.
    But now, with his grandmother gone and noone to take care of him, Caleb felt even worse than usual. Now how am I going to live?

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Your First Review.

Okay, just a question but is this going to be some kind of PMD fic?

Overall, the plot could be good although a bit cliché. You have to work on descriptions a lot more.

Alright, since I almost always try to find something wrong with any fic I read, here's my review: (I suck at comma mistakes and the such so don't ask me to review that)

Screeching to a halt at the end of the long hall, he looked up at the
    Is it just me, or does screeching to a halt sound like a cartoon. I'm sorry but it just doesn't fit in with the mood of the story.

2.If you're going to add blood and gore (my favorite type of fic) you should ALWAYS remember that some people DON'T enjoy blood and gore SO, you should always rate your fic appropriately. Read the PC fan fic and poetry rules to find out where yours fits in. In my opinion, you should rate your fic as (R) if you're going to add blood and gore.
    It's true that R fics aren't that popular but it keeps you from getting banned if you rate wrongly.

as the door shut itself
    This would probably be a good time to add that the 'doors automatic hinge (or whatever it's called) shut the door behind him.'

It's black paint had dried and would not drip off.
    Obviously. You don't have to state that last part.

adventurious
    Adventurous. Microsoft office has a spellchecker. Use it. Unless you're typing this in Pokecommunity thread reply or whatever it's called, in which case, not a very good idea. Type it in a word processor first.

slid down the handle bar next to the stairs
    What an odd house... To have handle bars instead of banisters. I would have never thought of that.

After quickly checking his pocket to make sure Sonic was in there
    You never really made it clear if it was a Poke ball or toy or something.

8. You never made it clear to whom Nicole really was. Cousin or Sister?

Caleb's eyes widened. "Grandma had a heart attack?"

"Yes. They say it's most likely that she won't live...."
    I don't think that paramedics or EMTs would ever say that. It just doesn't make sense.

His gray eyes were able to see in the pitch-black darkness so he never turned on the light. He fumbled in his pocket for one of his keys.
    Pitch black... He must be some sort of Superhuman. No one can see in pitch-black darkness. There has to be at least some sort of light source.

Caleb rammed into his older sister
    Ran into...

Right, now to end the review. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything but that's just how it goes. Again, the story just doesn't feel right when I read it. Try getting a beta reader. Sorry again for the crappy review, If I didn't someone else would.

Radial TIA

Sonic and Kingdom Hearts lover
    Years
    Sorry I put up such a weird Prologue.I've edited it to correct the spelling mistakes but I usually put up the appearance descriptions and such in Chapters.I really only put up the backstory in the Prologue.And I don't use a spelling checker.What's worse is that I have a super sucky Notepad I have to use right now and everytime I think it looks long I see it's kinda mudium on the post.I'm in a tight bind but I promise the future chapters will be better and once the characters appear in Chapters I will put up a bio about them on the Character Bios which I will make after Chapter 1.

And Sonic is supposed to be Caleb's pokemon.Oh and you can probably already tell that Caleb loves Sonic the Hedgehog.

Chapter 1 On my own

Caleb felt the cold air blow in every direction. His black, spiky hair rustled just a little when the cold wind hit him. He didn't really mind the cold air, he actually kind of liked it.

Caleb watched as a star shoot across the sky with amazing speed. His gray eyes felt enlightened to have seen such a beautiful sight. But he could not feel good for long, for it seemed the sun was starting to rise over the horizon.

Caleb's sweatshirt was keeping him warm. So was the short sleeved black Shadow shirt that sat under the Tails sweatshirt. His black tenna shoes allowed him to walk easily across slippery land and the red socks underneath had a warm effect on Caleb.

His black shorts were his favorite pair and they kept him warm enough to withstand the cold air that blew around the house. The flaw about that pair of shorts was that they were, of course, shorts. So the skin that sat under Caleb's knee was open to the cold wind.

Caleb sighed. Why does the sun have to rise right now? Just when I was starting to really enjoy this...... Caleb stood up. He streched his arms and yawned.

Wow, I'm really tired. Maybe I should go get some sleep..... Caleb carefully slid down the roof of the huge three story house and came to an abrupt stop at the edge. He let his legs hang over the edge as he cautiously lowered himself to the window.

Caleb quickly grabbed a hold of the window handle and pushed it open. He climbed down from the window and into his room. Hmm........ I wonder what time it is.....

Caleb walked over to the nightstand that stood next to his bed. He opened one of the drawers and found his digital alarm clock. He plugged it up and put it on his nightstand. He was surprised to find it was 5:00am.
    Caleb scratched his head. It should be earlier than this when the sun comes up..... Maybe the clock's just messed up....

Caleb unplugged the clock and put it back in the drawer. He sat down on his bed. What should I do now....... Wait a minute........ I know!
    Caleb quickly reached into his sweatshirt front pocket. He pulled out a pokeball with a red insignia on it. Sonic hasn't been out in awhile. He's probably wondering what's going on...

Caleb quietly threw the pokeball onto the carpet. As soon as it hit the soft floor, it popped open. A red light emerged from inside the pokeball and out came a puppy. It had a black body with red streaks going through the dark color. White streaks sat on it's face and a small black tail protruded from it's bottom. It's sharp teeth were what Caleb liked best about it.
    Caleb smiled at the loyal Houndour. "Hey Sonic."

The Houndour returned the smile and yelped out a greeting. "Hound!"
    Caleb laughed. He pet the small dog-like creatures head. He liked the feeling when Sonic started licking his hand. But he suddenly felt unconsciousness beckoning to him. Caleb yawned.

"Sorry but I've got to go to sleep, Sonic. You can sleep with me if you want."

And with that, Caleb stuffed Sonic's pokeball into his pocket. He laid down across the bed and didn't move an inch as Sonic carefully positioned himself to lay at the end of Caleb's bed.

Nicole marched up and down the stairs, with fury raging inside of her. Why did Grandma have to get hurt? I know I'll be fine because I can just go back home but Caleb....... He doesn't have anywhere to go home now. If his older brother was here..... Andrew was a great boy. Right now, if he's still alive, he would be fourteen years old, just a year younger than me. But one year ago, he suddenly disappeared without a trace of evidence. The authorities said that he was probably dead, since they checked everywhere but couldn't find him or anyone who could have killed him. But I have a feeling that he's still alive...... Someplace far far away....
    Nicole quickly shook her head. What am I saying?! The authorities checked everywhwere and asked everyone! He can't be alive! Someone had to have killed him and hid his body! But I still have that feeling.....

Nicole sighed. I'm getting a little dizzy.... These shoes are killing me! Why did grandma buy clogs just becuase they were cheap?

Nicole stopped herself. I'm going insane! I shouldn't blame grandma just because she didn't have the money for those flip-flops I wanted!

Nicole's feet ached as she walked back up the stairs. Her face changed from pity to anger as she thought about the move. Why did grandma move here anyway? Even though we moved here two weeks ago, I'm still not used to everything. I had a great life in Sandgem Town before grandma took me away from mom and dad to visit Caleb for a few months! I could be playing in the snow with my friends right now and tommorow's Christmas Eve so I could stay up late but tommorow I have to help my mom with the Christmas decorations. Mom and dad don't like Caleb so they won't let him live with us. But since they won't pay for the cost of this house, Caleb will have to live on the streets. I remember grandma said that Caleb was born and used to live right beside a small lake in a different region. I wish mom and dad would hurry up and get here! But I do feel a little sorry for Caleb. He might stay alive on the streets. In fact, I bet he will stay alive on the streets. After all, we're in Newbark Town and I've seen that most of the residents here are very nice. Nicole smiled. Caleb will be just fine.

HONK! HONK!

Nicole hurried to the door. She made sure all of her possesions were in her pink duffle bag before running out the door. She ran across the grassy lawn that laid before her. She smiled as she saw a familiar car parked in the garage. She ran over to the red SUV and jumped onto the backseat. Nicole's mother, Sarah, turned to face her from the passenger seat.

"Hi darling. You ready to go home?"

Nicole nodded. "I can't wait to go back and see all my friends."

Nicole's father, Corey, was looking at Nicole from the rearview mirror. He was smiling just like the rest of them, only his smile was the largest. "Hey sweetie. I'm so happy you get to come home today. We really missed you."

Sarah nodded. "And we've also gotten you a few presents."

Nicole stared, surprised at her mothers words. "Presents? Like what?"

Corey decided to answer this question. "We've bought a Spearow for you!"

Nicole tried to keep a smile on her face. "That's so nice of you guys! So......What other presents did you get me?"

Nicole couldn't help the very tiny frown that formed on her face. I hate Pokemon! Why did they have to get me a Spearow?! I don't even know what that is!

Sarah cleared her throat. "We also got you a Happiny, and a Mankey!"

Nicole stared at her mother with shock. "You got me three Pokemon?"

Corey's smile faded. "What's with the frown on your face, Nicole?"

Nicole stifled a sigh. "I was just surprised that you would get me Pokemon."

Sarah, apparently, could not see through Nicoles lie. "Well let's hurry home so you can meet your Pokemon."

Corey reversed the SUV out of the garage and onto the road. He quickly changed to drive and sped down the endless lane.

Caleb awoke. He quickly looked around him. He heard a honk outside and the sound of someone opening the door. He ran to his window and looked down at the yard. He saw Nicole running over to the garage. He also saw the red SUV she climbed into. So I guess I'm on my own now.....

"Hound!"

Caleb turned toward his Houndour. The firey Pokemon looked at him with a pleading face. What does Sonic want? But before he could try to answer his own question, Caleb heard his stomach growl. Of course! He's hungry!
    Caleb walked toward the door. He beckoned to Sonic to follow him and made his way down to the kitchen.

Caleb walked over to the giant refrigerator. It's door handles were big and long and it was a little hard for Caleb to open the doors. He looked inside. Strawberries in plastic containers lined the shelves while a pack of waffles was kept in a thin box on the free space of one of the shelves. Other than that, all there were were two boxes of pancakes.

Caleb grinned when he saw the pancakes. He quickly grabbed a box and reached inside. He pulled out two pancakes and immediately started cooking them.

While Caleb was waiting for the pancakes to burn on the egdes(Caleb likes pancakes with burnt edges), he opened up one of the cabinets that covered the left wall of the small kitchen. Inside were boxes of cereal. Caleb pushed them aside and pulled out a Pokeblock container hidden in the back.

I knew Nicole hid her favorite food in this cabinet. I just didn't think it would be Pokeblocks.

Caleb took a few red Pokeblocks from the tiny container. He threw them to his hungry Houndour. The Fire type yelped with glee from the yummy food.

Caleb turned back to the pancakes. They were perfectly fine except for the burnt edges. Caleb took them out of the pan and spilled syrup on them. Then he put them on a plate, took a fork, and started to gobble down the delicious breakfast.

When Caleb and Sonic were done with their food, they ran outside. Caleb let Sonic chase him until he was too tired to run anyomre. He laid down on the soft blades of grass that covered the land. I'm on my own now.... Will I be able to survive this harsh world?

Last edited:
    Back