• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call Chaining: new shiny hunting method

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    As you are well aware, there are areas where wild Pokemon can call for help. You can boost the chances with an Adrenaline Orb. Why would you want to do that? Because as the Pokemon calls more and more, the chances of a shiny, max IV, and/or hidden move Pokemon increase. I don't have any more info at this time, but shiny hunters should try this out and see what other secrets call chaining has.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Its a shame a axed like 5 methods and replaced them with one. I doubt I'll be doing shiny hunting in this game.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I got a lot of Shinys through various methods in Gen 6. This method seems tricky but easier than Pokeradar.

When I get the game on Wednesday I may try for a Shiny Rockruff.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    This has to be by far the easiest, fastest way to get Shiny in any game so far.

I haven't heard of anyone having to chain high at all. I doubt this is a worldwide coincidence.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I didn't tried and I don't know anyone who did this, but I still have 2 friends who found a shiny. I haven't had that luck yet, but I played like two hours so who know? I'll probably try this post game.

Back