• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Dragons (PG-13 for mature themes later)

Years
    AHH! Don't call me the fanfiction master! I'm just an amateur writer! >.<

Chapter 6

?Hey! Why did you people lock me in here?? Dennis roared as she shook the black metal bars or his own prison.

A man in blue uniform watched him silently as he sat down in his chair and leaning over it. Dennis was confined to a small, dark room where the windows were barred, his privacy was violated, and he couldn?t escape. To shorten it, he was in jail.

?Aren?t you going to talk to me at least?? He yelled to the guard as he retreated back to his small bed. It wasn?t even a bed. It was more like a bench that hanged from the wall. He sat down and scratched his head violently. ?Gotta think of something to get out of here?? He muttered to himself.

His Pok?mon were confiscated and the only thing he has now were the clothes that he wore. He let out a frustrated sigh as he looked at the barred window. This wasn?t supposed to happen to him. If only he could?ve listened to Nina then he wouldn?t be here right now.

He stamped on the floor angrily then lay on his bed and tried to fall asleep. The disturbing noises that the other prisoners made kept him awake. The moonlight shined down from the window creating the shadows of the bars. Dennis grunted as he stood up and went near the entrance of his cell.

?Quiet down there!? He yelled at the other prisoners. ?I wanna sleep here!?

A laugh was heard deep within the other cells. ?Make us, kid!? A deep voice boomed.

Dennis spat on the ground as the inhuman noises continued. He let his body fall down on the makeshift bed and tried to find peace by looking at the shadows cast by the moonlight.

?I shouldn?t be here?? He whispered to himself. ?I shouldn?t?I didn?t do anything at all??

~*~*~*~

Dennis ran as fast as he could. He panted for air as his lungs burned and his muscles ached. He ran blindly through the darkness as a pair of eyes chased him. The two piercing dragon eyes chased him without showing any signs of stopping.

He gasped and kept gasping for air. ?No more?no more!? He yelled to the eyes that followed him. ?I don?t want this anymore!? He yelled out loud. He felt tears run down his eyes as he kept running. ?NO MORE!? He yelled one last time.

He then fell on the ground and the eyes disappeared. But then, he heard voices?screaming?moans of pain. Someone was being tortured. It was a young girl. The girl screamed in terror and in pain as the jeering laughter came about. The laughter screamed with pleasure and delight of the torture?

Dennis covered his ears as he tried not to listen to the girl?s agonizing screams. Every time the girl screams, he felt a sharp stab into his heart. The girl screamed again. Each scream was more painful than the other. The screams of pain continued and continued. Dennis felt his world collapsing. He gripped his hair and felt unbearable pain in his chest?

?and then the screams stopped?

There was silence?he heard the soft sobs of the girl. She was crying. Immense sorrow flooded Dennis. He couldn?t feel nor see. He could only hear the girl?s sobs. She cried sorrowfully as the sound of leaves rustled.

?Dennis?? A voice called out in the darkness. ?Dennis??

?Dennis! Wake up!? Nina whispered loudly as she shook Dennis. ?Wake up, Dennis! Stop screaming!?

Dennis opened his eyes and quickly sat up. ?Where is she?? was his first words. But then he noticed Nina who was standing besides him. ?Nina!?

?Shh!? Nina placed her hand on Dennis? mouth. ?We gotta get out of here before someone sees us!? She then took her hand out of his mouth. She then took out five Pok?balls. ?Here?re your Pok?mon.? She muttered.

Dennis quickly took his Pok?balls and placed them in his pockets. ?How did you get here?? He asked her as he stood up and followed her.

?I followed you when they took you,? She muttered as she led him blindly in the dark. ?I had to knock out a few guards at the entrance to get here. These guards are stupid??

?Oh that?s good. I bet you took me because I was going to date you right?? Dennis let out a low laugh.

Nina faced him and scowled at him in the darkness. Dennis bumped into her but she quickly caught his hand before he would fall.

?Why d?you stop??

?The date is off, Dennis. I didn?t want a date anyway. I only battled you because you forced me too.?

Dennis muttered as they began to move again. They maneuvered their way through long, dim lit corridors. Soon, they found their way out. Dennis burst out of the building to breath the fresh air.

?Not even a thank you,? Nina muttered in the darkness.

?Okay, thanks then!? Dennis smiled. He could feel Nina close to him as they continued to walk out of the building.

But then, before they walked a few more steps, a flash of light appeared behind them, casting their long shadows on the night. They looked behind them and noticed a spotlight pointed towards them. They shielded their eyes since the light was too bright.

?The kidnapper?s escaping! It?s the kidnapper!? One man yelled from the distance. At once, the sirens blared. It resounded through the night. More spotlights appeared and pointed towards the sky.

?Oh crap,? Dennis muttered.

?RUN!?

Both of them broke into a run. They sprinted through the damp grass, away from the lights. Behind them, barks and howls were heard along with the yelling and commands of people.

?They?re gonna sick us with Pok?mon!? Dennis yelled in panic.

?Run faster, Dennis!? He heard her running past him and quickly took hold of his hand. ?What are you doing?? Nina yelled. She stopped but he quickly dragged her near a tree and covered her mouth.

?You heard that?? He whispered to her ear. He was very close?too close. Nina could feel goosebumps since she could feel Dennis? breaths on the back of her neck. She shook her head to his question. ?You don?t? It?s a Dragonair call?? He then released her.

?Dragonair call??

?I know how it sounds like?and I could hear a lot of them coming this way?? He whispered softly as he held her hand tightly. ?It must be the swarms??

Nina was silent as she saw his eyes. The deep blue eyes that were usually half closed or lost in thought were now stern and serious. The spotlights lit his eyes into a menacing glow.

?De?Dennis?you?re scaring me?? Nina stuttered as she forcibly took her hand away from his grasp.

He suddenly snapped out of his trance and realized what he has done. ?S?Sorry?? He rubbed his temples to relieve his headache.

Out from the distance a low sound resounded. The call sounded as if there were multitudes.

?What was that??

?That?s it! That?s the Dragonair calls I?ve been talking about!? He yelled. He grabbed Nina?s arm and started to run.

?Dennis, what happening??

?They?re going to attack again! The call sounds aggressive!? Both of them sprinted through the woods. Their gasps can be heard out in the darkness.

Suddenly, they found themselves go out of Pewter city. They could see lights of the buildings towering from the horizon. Chains clanging followed the howls and the barks?and then the call was heard again?

But this time, the call was heard loud and clear. It sounded like a long booming moan that echoed in the night. Dennis and Nina stopped running when they realized that they were confronting a whole army of Dragonairs. They came out from the distance, slithering like snakes in the sky. Their jewels and glowed an eerie red?their blood red eyes and jewels shined in the night as a thousand red orbs sped towards them at a high speed. The moonlight shined a sickly yellow color on the Dragonairs. Their long bodies slithered and jerked.

Nina gasped as she stepped back, about to retreat. But as she turned, Houndooms confronted her. They growled and glared at her with their pearly white teeth. Saliva dripped from their mouths and their dark fur stood up as they lashed their pointed tails. They barked as they approached her. Their horns gave them a menacing look and the moon lighted their dark bodies. The men were behind the Houndooms and their once bright blue uniforms were now turned to gray because of the night.

Nina retreated back to Dennis. Whichever they choose?front and back?Nina was certain that she would loose her freedom. ?Dennis?what are we going to do?? She immediately burst into tears as she clung to his shirt.

The two forces were heading towards them. The Dragonairs were already a hundred feet away from them and the men in blue uniform shined their flashlights on them. But then, they stopped. Upon seeing the dark army of dragons, yells of panic rang out from the group. The Houndooms cowered and retreated and so did some men. But some others stayed ready to fight off the invasion. The sound of metal clicking alarmed him that there were guns.

As the army neared, He went directly in between them. He spread his arms so that he would absorb as many shots as possible from the men.

?DENNIS!? Nina yelled as she tried to stop him. ?What are you doing??

?Either way, I?m gonna die someday!? He yelled. ?But I?m not gonna die without protecting something!?

?Move away, kid!? One of them men yelled. ?MOVE AWAY!?

The loud cries of the Dragonairs were nearing?and nearing?and nearing. Sweat trickled down his forehead and his heart was beating faster and faster as he heard the men shouting, making him move away. He heard the Dragonairs move closer and closer as every second ticked by. He heard Nina?s cries for him to stop what he was doing.

?Just ignore the kid and shoot up!? He heard one of the men yelled. ?Ready,?

He saw the men nod in reply. He heard the clicking of guns, ready to fire. ?Steady,?

?DENNIS! NO!? The Dragonairs were finally above him. The army of red lights was already there? He saw the man move his lips, ready to command the squad.

?STOP!? He screamed as hard as he could. He felt his lungs burn. His head ached as his voice reached up the sky. The man?s command was drowned by his yell. It echoed through the darkness. He felt hot, surging beams flash behind him and it moved towards the guards.

Everything was in slow motion as he opened his eyes. Bright yellow beams from the Dragonairs came streaming down from behind him and towards the men. Screams echoed in his minds. He could see charred bodies and men writhing in pain. Gunshots were heard but they were nothing to the invincible army of dragons.

The attack continued on and on and he was in the middle of all of it. He watched in horror as more yellow beams fired to the small group of lowly humans compared to the great army. Soon, there were no survivors.

The attacks ceased and behind him, he could hear the Dragonairs from behind him move away. One by one, he could hear them move back into the distance?back to the south. The darkness that surrounded them was gone and dawn was breaking night?s heavy grip. He looked around at the massacred guards. His fists trembled. Why was he spared? Why wasn?t he dead? He looked over at Nina who was crouched on the ground with her eyes closed shut and her hands on her ears.

?Nina?? He whispered out in the silence.

She blinked and stood up slowly and looked at him. ?Dennis!? Nina sobbed as she quickly went to him and threw her arms around him.

All of the Dragonairs were gone. All that was left was the charred and mutilated bodies of the men. Soon, dawn?s shining hands touched every tree and every blade of grass.

Nina let go of him who was still dazed. ?Dennis?? She whispered.

He blinked and suddenly, he was back. ?Wh?where am I?? He whispered. His voice was cracked from the loud yell. ?Nina?? He whispered. ?What?what happened??

?I don?t know,? She sobbed. ?I don?t know??

He looked around in midst of the destruction. He looked down at Nina and whispered, ?This?didn?t happen. Nina?it didn?t happen?? His heart still pounded wildly and his fists were still shaking in fear and in terror. ?Nina?I couldn?t stop them. I couldn?t??

Nina threw her arms around him again. She was silent as she closed her eyes. She breathed silently as morning reached its full bloom. ?Dennis?? She whispered. ?Don?t blame yourself. You didn?t do anything wrong?please?let?s go. Let?s forget about this and just?just pretend it didn?t happen??

His voice was still shaking. ?You?you?re right?? He tried to say. ?Nina?you?re right?it?s not my fault. It?s?it?s not??

To be continued..

Last edited:

Suzu

~&#9829;~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    This was good!!
    Now I know why its called "Call of the Dragons" :p
    Poor kids... geting kicked out of the city
    Grate chapter oni!! ^^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    But you must be a fanfic master, people are only giving you reviews! Oh Great Oni ^_^.

I like this fan-fic ^_^ You really are a good writer.

Years
    Thanks to Frostweaver, I managed to make the fanfic a bit more "darker"...I edited some scenes, by the way. You may want to re-read some scenes especially Chapter 6.

Here's chapter 7. I really hope that you guys will enjoy it... ^_^

Chapter 7

?Dennis?? Nina called his name in the darkness. It?s been a whole day since the incident happened. They?ve traveled up to the steps of Mount Moon and they decided to rest outside of Mount Moon for the night.

Dennis looked up at her in the darkness. Everything was shrouded in darkness and the moon?s light was the only thing that lit up the dark wilderness. The cool breeze blew and made the trees rustle.

?What?what was your dream?? Nina asked him. ?You were dreaming when I found you there. You were muttering about stopping?? Nina whispered solemnly.

Dennis sighed. ?I?I was running away from these eyes. They looked creepy and all. They just chased me.? He then paused. ?And then I tripped. When I looked back, the eyes were gone. Then, I heard a girl scream. She was screaming in pain?? He wiped the sweat that glazed his forehead. ?She was screaming so hard as if she was getting torn into pieces. Then, there was a man who just laughed and laughed at the girl??

?So?that was it?? Nina questioned him.

?No?every time she screams, I keep feeling as if I was being stabbed?so many times?it hurts so much when she screams. I just wanted her to stop screaming?but??

?But what??

Dennis paused as he looked up in the sky where the moon is. ?Nothing??

~*~*~*~

Over time, Mount Moon had merely become a tunnel. Before, it was an intricate maze that annoyed beginning trainers and many were lost. Dennis and Nina managed to go through the dark, rocky tunnel, without effort. It was noon when the two exited the tunnel.

?Fresh air!? Nina gasped as she burst out of the cave exit. ?I hate going in caves??

Dennis followed her, walking calmly and charily. He didn?t say a word since he was in deep thought.

?Hey Dennis, how long do you think can we walk up to Cerulean?? Nina asked him as she let him pass her.

?Dunno?might get there around dark,? He muttered. Nina followed him as he went ahead.

?Dennis,? Nina called as she tried to catch up since Dennis walks in long paces. ?Are you feeling fine??

Dennis looked back at her and simply smiled. ?I?m fine, Nina.?

Nina knew that he was lying. Something was wrong with him since he didn?t grunted or showed any signs of being annoyed. He was simply calm and quiet when they traversed the cave.

She was about to open her mouth and tell something about lying but a voice behind them stopped her.

?Why if it isn?t Dennis!?

She turned around and immediately recognized the other trainer behind them. Vincent wore a wide grin on his face as he immediately caught up with them. Nina looked over at Vincent and immediately knew what his expression was. He wore a scowl as Vincent approached them.

?Hey, Nina,? Vincent smiled a toothy grin.

?Vincent, I thought you were ahead of us,?

Without warning, Dennis continued to walk again. Vincent managed to catch up with Dennis? pace and talked with Nina.

?I was stopping here for a moment because I heard from Pewter that there were many attacks going on around here,? He muttered. ?Heard of those attacks? Weird, huh??

Dennis stopped immediately as he heard the news. ?There are attacks here, too??

Nina looked sternly at both of them.

?Yeah, they?re all around Kanto. Didn?t you know??

?I thought there were just in Pewter. I didn?t know they?re all around Kanto.? Dennis conveyed a worried expression as he looked down on the ground.

?What?s the matter with him?? Vincent asked Nina, whispering at the same time.

?It?s nothing, really.? Nina said all of the sudden with an alarmed expression. She looked over at Dennis sternly who looked back at her meekly.

?You sure there?s nothing wrong with you guys?? Vincent questioned them as his eyebrow raised.

?Yeah, it?s nothing. I bet Dennis is just in bad mood. Right, Dennis?? She looked at him and noticed that he wasn?t listening to the conversation.

?Okay,? Vincent muttered. He then moved his attention to Dennis. ?Hey Dennis, why were you acting so polite when I was around your family. Now, you?re just ignoring me.?

?Are you teasing me, Vincent?? Dennis grunted as he faced him and glared.

Vincent waved his arms to halt Dennis from attacking him. ?Whoa, whoa. Slow down, trainer! Remember last time we battled??

??Do you two have to discuss about that?? Nina yelled as she went in between the two. She remembered wisely what happened back then.

She remembered that incident. Dennis used to be prideful of his battle skills and how he can worm out of every tight situation. He seems to be very adept to any kind of battles. Dennis hated losing, that?s a fact. He hated losing from someone who he has already defeated before from the past. Vincent was one example. He hated Vincent because he used to defeat him in the League. But then, Vincent defeated Dennis after one battle?

Dennis stepped back as he let out an angered sigh. He faced the east, towards Cerulean. ?Let?s go, Nina. Before I beat this loser.?

?Dennis, he?s our friend!? Nina insisted as she ran in front of him and faced him eye to eye. ?We all went to the League together and you shouldn?t be treating him that way!?

?Yeah what Nina said!? Vincent shouted before Dennis could open his mouth.

This was the last straw for Dennis. He took out his Pok?ball and pointed it towards Vincent. The shiny surface of the Pok?ball gleamed with the sun?s rays. ?You, me, battle!? He muttered in a simple phrase.

A smile crept on Vincent?s face as he took out his Pok?ball. ?Oh you?re gonna be sorry you did that,?

?I don?t care!? Dennis yelled as he threw his Pok?ball to the sky. The Pok?ball burst into a cloud of white. Out from the smoke, a huge, orange Pok?mon came out. It flapped its small, disproportioned as it landed on the ground with a thundering thud. His Dragonite held its big belly as it let out a low growl. At the same time, Dennis caught his Pok?ball as it came down from the air.

?Guys! Stop this!? Nina came in between the two before Vincent could release his Pok?mon. ?This won?t lead us anywhere!?

?Get out of the way, Nina!? Dennis threw her a menacing glare.

Nina?s heart fell. She realized that this was the Dennis that would go for anything in a battle. She had no choice but to step back out of the battlefield.

?Enough of that,? Vincent yelled as he threw his Pok?ball. Out from the red and white sphere came a brown bird Pok?mon with a long beak. It flapped its long, majestic wings occasionally shedding its brown feathers. The Fearow let out a shrill cry as it floated above Vincent.

Dennis didn?t change his expression as he readied to attack. ?Fury, hyper beam!? His Dragonite floated forward and then inhaled. It then exhaled and sent out a huge, bright, yellow beam from its mouth that shot out from its mouth rapidly. It was as if it was cutting through air.

In a blink on an eye, Dennis? Fearow dodged the beam immediately. The hyper beam streamed continuously as it disappeared into the sky. Dennis? Dragonite panted because the attack required a tremendous amount of power.

?Drill peck!? Vincent commanded as he pointed his finger towards Dennis? Dragonite. His Fearow obeyed as it spun around like a drill. It spun at high speed and quickly and then swooped down towards Fury.

Because of the previous hyper beam, Fury was left open for an attack. The drill peck connected and Fury stepped back a few spaces due to the impact. It growled in pain as the Fearow returned to its previous spot. It was still tired due to the attack.

?Steel wing!? Vincent commanded again, taking advantage of the hyper beam?s downside. His Fearow let out a loud cry while it emitted a shining aura all around it. Then, it swooped down and slammed its hardened wings across Fury.

The impact was so strong, Fury was sent flying. Dennis? impulses immediately made him command an attack. ?Wing attack!? He shouted.

His Dragonite quickly responded as it recovered from the attack and flew towards Fearow while airborne. It let out a loud roar as the wings were dodged immediately. The ground emitted dust as Fury landed on the ground with a thundering boom. It then used its momentum to fly up again at a higher speed attacking the clueless Fearow. This time, the attack connected. Fearow let out a shrill cry of pain as it struggled to stay airborne.

?That was a good hit!? Vincent muttered.

?Don?t mention it,? Dennis gnashed his teeth and clenched his fist. He needs to finish off the Fearow quickly before Fury becomes weakened to face Vincent?s other Pok?mon.

?Fearow, get ready!? Vincent yelled. His Fearow returned to its previous position, above Vincent. It emitted another bright glow, but this time, it was flapping its wings gently and not rapidly.

Dennis immediately knew what this meant. Seizing the opportunity to attack for another turn, he commanded his Dragonite to perform another hyper beam. Fury inhaled once more, ready to launch another devastating beam. To Dennis? surprise, Fearow began to move again. It was now moving towards Fury at a normal speed, but it was glowing and shining brightly. It was performing sky attack!

?Hyper beam, now!? Dennis yelled. Fury exhaled and shot out a powerful hyper beam at Fearow. The attack connected but Fearow continued to move towards them. Fury?s attack continued but Fearow also struggled to cut through the attack like a hot knife through soft butter. ?That?s impossible!? Dennis yelled as the sky attack continued. ?Fury, give it full power!?

His Dragonite let out one fierce roar and the hyper beam was strengthened. The full blast of the hyper beam emitted a blinding light combined with the powerful sky attack. The attack only slowed down Fearow; it continued with its relentless attack.

?Just a bit more?? Vincent clenched his fist as sweat glazed his forehead. His Fearow was only a few feet more until impact. ?C?mon, baby, I know you can do it,?

There was nothing that Dennis could do. The sky attack came nearer every second. He watched helplessly as the sky attack connected.

In a loud explosion, both Pok?mon were thrown back due to the force. Dennis? balance was knocked off and he was flung off the ground and a few feet away. The same goes for Nina and Vincent.

A few seconds after the explosion, smoke enveloped the entire battlefield. The thick, gray smoke made Dennis cough as he clenched the grass. He landed face down and his chest was hurting from screaming and yelling. He stood up as he coughed and choked.

As the smoke cleared, he could see his Dragonite, bruised, scratched and blood leaking from its mouth. Near it was Vincent?s Fearow, its feathers charred and its body bleeding profusely. The grass around them was aflame with small embers. White smoke rose from the ground and into the sky.

Dennis was wheezing and gasping as he surveyed the area. He saw that Vincent was standing up and was clutching his arm. On his right, Nina was trying to get up and was clutching her wrist, which seems to be sprained.

Dennis took out his Pok?ball and immediately returned Fury. He observed Dennis returning his injured Pok?mon and then felt his Pok?ball bounce back into his hand. He took out his next Pok?ball, ready for another round.

When Vincent noticed this, he looked at him as if he was a deranged person. ?What do you think you?re doing??

?We?re not yet finished!? Dennis yelled to him, voice shaking. ?We gotta get all of our Pok?mon fainted before this is over.?

?Dennis, are you insane? That one almost killed our Pok?mon! This is a draw and I know you hate draws as much as you hate losing but you have to accept it!? Vincent yelled despite Dennis? enraged eyes. He then walked towards Nina and helped her up.

But as soon as Nina was on her feet, she gave Vincent a sharp slap to the face. Vincent was shocked as Nina looked down and moved towards Dennis. Then, she gave a slap to him. Both of them were dazed and confused as Nina began to yell at them.

?You two can?t mature, can you?? She yelled at the top of her lungs. ?You made both of your Pok?mon almost kill each other and you people think that it?s all fine?? She then faced them with her resenting eyes, streaming with tears. ?All of you two can think about is just winning, winning, and winning! You two can?t get along just because what? Just because one of you two lost to each other?? Without any more words to say, she quickly turned around and began to run.

?Nina!? Dennis and Vincent chorused as they began to chase her.

?Nina, wait up!? Vincent yelled as they quickly lost track of her. ?She was right there??

Both of them stopped as they tried to look for her. Dennis soon realized the danger of the fields. ?Wait, didn?t you say there was an attack happening here??

An expression of shock emerged from Vincent?s face. ?We gotta find her, Dennis. No matter what!? He grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him violently.

?Alright, alright!? Dennis yelled as he shoved off his hands. ?We split up! You go there and I go here,? He commanded as he pointed in two separate directions.

Vincent nodded and quickly and followed Dennis? finger and ran towards the opposite side. Dennis then ran towards the path he was facing, yelling Nina?s name, calling her and hoped that she didn?t encounter the army of dragons.

?She couldn?t have gone far,? He thought to himself as he looked around. His heart pounded wildly as he looked in both directions hoping to see her somewhere. ?Nina!? He yelled while cupping his hands.

He moved one step forward and was followed by a tremendous roar from behind him. The sound of trees being uprooted made his heart pump harder. He could hear the pulse in his ears, throbbing with fear and excitement. His brain registered the roar immediately?a Dragonite roar. But it couldn?t possibly be a Dragonite roar. It was too deep and too loud and it sounded as if it came from a great distance.

He gulped and tried not to think of the impossible from becoming possible. He gripped his fist and quickly headed back. He could hear trees crashing and the sound of two gigantic wings flapping at a distance. Then he saw it. He saw from the distance. It towered above the trees and it roared out loud. It lashed its fat tail and caused many trees to fall in a single swing.

He saw it?it was a Dragonite, a giant Dragonite. It roared once more as he saw a bright blue beam come from the ground, attacking its belly. He heard someone scream out attacks and quickly knew that it was Vincent. He could see him, carrying Nina as he commanded his Cloyster to fire ice beams towards the massive Dragonite.

Even though he disliked him for now, it was up to him to get there since he found Nina. He took out his Pok?ball and threw it. Out from the white smoke came out a tall, red lizard with strong, mighty wings and a long tail ending in a flame. He jumped over his Charizard?s back and it immediately flapped its wings.

?Fire blast!? He yelled, pointing towards the Dragonite. His Charizard emitted a huge ring of fire from its mouth and went towards the gigantic Dragonite. The attack connected but it didn?t faze the fearsome giant. It continued to rampage as it lashed its tail around, uprooting some trees.

?Dennis!? Vincent called from the bottom. ?Right on time!?

Dennis didn?t reply but commanded another fire blast. At the same time, Vincent commanded a blizzard attack from his Cloyster. A huge whirlwind appeared immediately, mixed with snow from the shell Pok?mon.

The Dragonite roared and stamped its foot. Now, it was irritated. It fired several hyper beams towards the sky, and almost hit Dennis and his Charizard. After several more hyper beams, it fired down at the ground.

Dust and dirt flew everywhere as the hyper beams created craters on the ground. Vincent returned his Cloyster, seeing that it was futile to continue attacking and started to retreat, Nina in his arms.

Dennis could see that the Dragonite had noticed Vincent and Nina retreat. He saw it aim at them and inhaled. He had to stop it somehow before it fired its deadly beam. Instinctively, the best thing he could do was yell.

?STOP!? He yelled out loud.

His voice echoed through the sky. He saw that the Dragonite stopped and looked around, confused. As it saw the destruction it had caused, it flapped its small wings and began to fly. It flew over to the horizon and it was gone.

Dennis? Charizard landed smoothly next to Vincent. He returned it quickly and noticed that Vincent was grinning and was holding Nina, who was unconscious, in his arms.

?Is she alright?? He asked.

Vincent nodded. ?That was some yell you did back there,? Vincent grinned. ?Stopped that Dragonite. I?m thinking that you have some kind of natural talent with dragon Pok?mon,?

Dennis shrugged then faced east. ?This is weird?how did I stop that attack??

Vincent began to walk towards east and towards Cerulean. ?Beats me, but we gotta get to the city before night comes. We have to get our Pok?mon healed, too.? He then sighed. ?I just hope you?re not angry at me right now,?

Dennis remained silent and followed Vincent. The sun was setting slowly now and it made the sky turn gold. He sighed as he pondered again and again on how he was able to stop that attack?

To be continued...

Years
    Here's chapter 8! It's mostly talk and nothing action...XD

Chapter 8

Nina opened her eyes slowly and noticed that she was lying on a bed. She quickly sat up and noticed bandages wrapped around her left wrist. She noticed bandages on her left leg, too. She then remembered what happened.

She was running away from Dennis and Vincent. She ran as fast as she could?until she saw the gigantic Dragonite. The Dragonite glared at her and then, she felt as if her soul was stabbed from the piercing eyes of the Dragonite?and then she fainted?

She looked around the room. It was obviously a hospital room. Her clothes were neatly folded on one counter up against the wall. She moved her sheets away and noticed that she was wearing hospital robes. Light tried to stream down from the windows but was covered by curtains. She looked to her right and noticed someone sitting on a chair, sleeping.

?Vincent?? She whispered. ?Vincent, are you awake??

Vincent didn?t reply. It was obvious that he was asleep. Nina moved to the edge of the bed and stretched her arms. She stood up, feeling a small pain below her left hip but just ignored it, deciding that it was a muscle strain and walked towards the window and moved the curtains away. Light of the fresh morning broke loose and flooded the room. She felt a warm sensation deep beneath her as the rays of the sun touched her skin. She sighed as she opened the windows to sniff the fresh morning air.

But then, she heard the knob being twisted behind her. She quickly turned around to see Dennis walking to the room. He wore a smile as he held a newspaper in one hand.

?Morning,? He smiled as he walked towards her.

Nina blushed as she tried to find the right words to say. ?Good Morning?Dennis?? She began. Dennis sighed as he led Nina back to her bed. She refused to lie down but instead, sat up. ?Dennis,? She called him.

?Yep?? There were bandages around Dennis? face. His face was cleaned unlike last time, which was full of dirt and soot from the smoke.

?What happened?? She asked him as she took her pillow and hugged it. She looked down at her bandaged knee when she asked him the question.

?Well,? Dennis began as he unfurled the newspaper and began reading it. ?You fainted when you saw that Dragonite, haven?t you??

She nodded slowly as she looked over at Vincent. He was sleeping soundly and breathing softly.

?Well,? Dennis continued. ?Vincent took you while fighting off that Dragonite. Then, I came there and tried to stop the Dragonite from attacking you guys. The weirdest thing happened. When I yelled it to stop?it?it did stop??

Nina looked at Dennis who was still reading his paper. ?So?you both saved me?? She whispered.

Dennis nodded while still reading the newspaper.

?But why am I in this hospital? I wasn?t really hurt, was I?? Nina paused as her stomach grumbled. She clutched it and blushed as Dennis looked up at her and smiled. ?I think I?m hungry??

Dennis chuckled as he stood up. ?We thought that you might need to go to the hospital because you fainted all of the sudden. The good thing was that you were here or else you could?ve woken up in the middle of nowhere.? He moved towards Vincent and nudged him.

Vincent mumbled nonsense as saliva dripped from his mouth. Finally, he opened his eyes. He wiped the saliva from his mouth, rubbed his eyes, and scratched his head before he noticed that Nina was awake. ?Nina!? He exclaimed as he noticed her giggle. ?Aw, man?sorry about that.?

?You go down and get her breakfast and it?s my turn to watch her,? Dennis muttered as Vincent stood up.

?Alright, alright. Stop barking commands.?

?I?m muttering commands, you know,? Dennis replied sternly. ?Now, you go down there and get her breakfast?maybe?get us some breakfast.? He smirked as Vincent gave him a half glare.

Vincent moved towards Nina before Dennis could give more orders. ?Are you feeling fine, Nina? Nothing hurts? You sure??

Nina smiled sweetly as she reassured him that she was fine. ?How sweet of you guys taking turns watching me,?

Dennis made a fake cough and then snickered. He muttered something about Vincent going to sleep on duty. After saying so, Vincent grunted as he stood up and started to walk out towards the door. He opened it but before he could go out, he faced Nina and said, ?Nina, I?m sorry for upsetting you.? He then went out of the room and closed the door gently. Nina smiled, hearing Vincent?s apology.

Dennis then returned to his paper and resumed reading it. For a few seconds, there was silence. ?Those swarms killed more people yesterday,? Dennis said all of the sudden, breaking the silence between them. ?Seven trainers got killed just north of Saffron?and that?s south of here,? He faced Nina who was feeling her bandaged wrist. ?Does your wrist still hurt??

Nina shook her head. ?No, I don?t think so,? She sighed. ?Does the news have anything about what happened in Pewter??

Dennis nodded. He flipped a few pages and then showed it to Nina. There was a small article next to a map of Kanto, which counted the deaths of the police officers.

?Fourteen people killed near Pewter city. Pewter Police refuses to take responsibility even though all men were identified as Pewter Policemen. Some eyewitness claims that the suspect for the entire recent dragon Pok?mon swarms was a teenager about the age of fifteen to seventeen. Not much is known about the suspect but he is said to carry dragon Pok?mon...? Nina read out loud but her voice trailed off.

?They?re talking about me there,? Dennis said as he took the newspaper from Nina?s hand.

?Won?t the people notice you here? You are a guy that fits the description??

Dennis interrupted her before she could say more. ?But there isn?t enough information in here,?

Nina made a slight nod and looked out at the window. ?Can we get out of this place now?? She asked him as she stretched her arms.

Dennis shook his head. ?Does your leg feel fine?? He asked as he moved closer to her. ?The doctor said that you got a minor fracture in your left leg when you landed on it.? He then chuckled. ?You ran pretty fast even though your leg was hurting,?

Nina was shocked when she heard that she had a fracture. ?Dennis, how serious is my injury?? She asked him sternly.

?Here,? Dennis said as he helped Nina lay out her legs straight. She blushed as she felt Dennis? hand running up her leg. It then stopped just below her hip. He then pressed on it, which made Nina felt pain immediately. It was the same pain she felt when she was running away from Dennis and Vincent. She squeaked in pain and told Dennis not to touch it anymore.

?It hurts?? She cried in pain, clutching her left leg.

Dennis chuckled again. ?You seem to get a lot of injuries on your legs,? He then smiled. It was a smile that Nina rarely sees.

She grinned back, too but then, a knock on the door was heard.

?Aye, do you people have to lock the door?? Vincent yelled. The clanging of bowls and spoons were heard as Dennis stood up and moved towards the door. He unlocked the door and opened it to see Vincent?s annoyed face. ?I just hope you guys weren?t doing what I was thinking,? He snickered and stepped inside. He was holding a big box of milk on one hand and he was holding three bowls stacked together, three plastic spoons, and three pouches of cereal on the other.

?What took you so long?? Dennis muttered as he closed the door.

Vincent immediately went to the counter next to where Nina?s clothes are. ?Long line,? Was the only thing heard from him. He ripped open a cereal pouch and poured the contents on a bowl. He then opened the milk box and poured milk in the cereal filled bowl. He placed the spoon on top and walked over to Nina. ?There you go, Nina,? He smiled as he handed her breakfast.

?Thanks, Vincent,? She smiled sweetly as she took the bowl and began to eat.

?You make your own, Dennis,? Vincent remarked as he started to make his own breakfast.

~*~*~*~

?Doctor, will I be able to leave tomorrow at least?? Nina pleaded to the doctor.

The doctor stroked his chin as he examined Nina?s x-rays of her leg. ?Well, Nina. You would have to wait for a while. This minor fracture might take about a week to heal itself. But don?t worry, you?ll be fine with your friends,? He smiled as he placed the black and white plastic sheets on the counter. He then walked towards the window.

?They would be great if they?d be here,? Nina muttered as she looked at the empty chair beside her.

?Hmm, one of your friend went outside for a stroll.? The doctor looked at the sunset outside then, closed the curtains. ?And if I?m not mistaken, the other one?s in the cafeteria below us,?

Nina sighed heavily. She then faced the doctor. ?It?s okay, doctor. You don?t have to worry about me,?

~*~*~*~

Dennis walked charily along the streets of Cerulean city. It?s been a long time ever since he last visited here. The streets were busy with people as every city is. He decided to take a walk since he was bored back in the hospital. The street lamps emanated a yellowish light as Dennis strolled. It was dusk and the sky was painted purple with the shadows of the clouds turned gold, catching the rays of the setting sun.

He looked casually at the stores? transparent windows, observing dresses, blouses, pants, new trainer equipments, televisions, wire telephones, and many other things. He was deep in thought as we strolled down the street, looking down and feeling helpless.

As he continued to walk, something caught his attention. It was a television store to his right. He looked at the display where multiple televisions showed a map of Kanto and black arrows pointing from where Pewter city was supposed to be to the south of Saffron.

?Mysterious events have happened during the past few days,? The reporter?s voice was heard from the loud speakers. ?The swarms of dragon Pok?mon seem to leap out from city to city. Three days ago, Pewter city was endangered when an army of Dragonairs killed fourteen police officers. The attacks slowly migrated from east Pewter city to south of Cerulean city. It has been confirmed that there were seven dead from the latest attack.?

Dennis could see the black arrow start from Pewter city and move slowly to Cerulean, and then went south of Cerulean and stopped there. The number fourteen, which was near Pewter city, was colored in a deep shade of red. South of Cerulean, the number seven in the same color was present. Then, the arrow and the numbers disappeared.

?It has now been confirmed a total of four groups of armies around Kanto. The current ones, in Lavender town, east of Celadon city, south of Fuchsia city, by the sea route, and now, south of Cerulean. Mysteriously, the armies of Pok?mon are moving towards north of Saffron city. In other news, the Lavender Police are still searching for the two abducted victims??

Dennis tore his eyes away from the television and started walking back. He thought that when Nina would be able to travel again, their first destination would be south of Cerulean city. He just knew that the dragon army would stay there. He knew that they were waiting for him.

He walked back to the hospital as the stores began to close. Night had already fallen and the lights of the buildings flooded the sky and made the stars invisible.

~*~*~*~

?You wanna talk to us about something?? Nina asked.

Dennis was standing in front of Vincent and Nina. She was sitting on her bed and Vincent was sitting on the chair next to the bed. Dennis had a stern look on his face. He just said that he wanted to talk to them about something but paused for a few seconds.

His lips began to move as he voiced his thought. ?I?I think the dragon army from Pewter is following me,? He stammered.

Nina and Vincent stared at him as if he just said something stupid. Nina was the first to break the silence.

?Why do you think so??

?I saw in the news. The dragon swarms in Pewter city were the same ones just south of here.?

?Dennis, you can?t be sure. They might be just migrating or something. You know search for food and??

?Shut up!? Dennis interrupted Vincent. ?They killed seven more people in their last attack!? His voice rose as Vincent and Nina faced him with blank expressions.

Vincent cleared his throat after snapping out of his trance. ?I think you two have to do some explaining,?

Nina and Dennis looked at each other with alarmed expressions. They just didn?t know how to explain to Vincent about them witnessing the deaths of the fourteen police officers in Pewter city.

Nina sighed heavily and faced Vincent. ?Vincent?? She began. ?A few days ago?we saw those dragon armies kill fourteen people?? She spoke softly and silently and her voice trembled as she confessed.

Silence pervaded the room once more. The only things that could be heard were footsteps outside of the room and cars rushing outside. Vincent looked over at Dennis, whose fists were clenched tightly and teeth gnashing. Then, he looked over at Nina, whose face conveyed the seriousness and the severity of the problem.

?I see?? He whispered. ?So?you guys want me to keep it as a secret??

?Are you taking this seriously or no?? Dennis? voice was the loudest in the room.

?Dude, I am taking this seriously. I mean, how did you guys saw them kill the people, anyway??

Dennis paused and waited Nina to explain but she didn?t talk. Finally, Dennis confessed. ?The police thought that I was the one controlling the dragon armies so they put me in jail. Nina broke in and rescued me. They chased us when we were escaping but then?they appeared?? Sweat began to glaze Dennis forehead and his voice started to tremble while telling his story. ?The guards thought I summoned them and they wanted to shoot them?I tried to stop them because?I don?t know! I just wanted to stop them?? Dennis voice was starting to get louder. ?Then?they attacked?they left everyone dead?not a single survivor?I?I couldn?t get over it?? Then he fell silent. He looked down in guilt and in grief as he tried not to see the visual memory of the guards being killed.

Vincent let out a small, low whistle after Dennis? story. ?Cheer up, Dennis. I?m sure you?ll get over it?somehow??

??I?m not going to get over it! I saw them die! I saw them getting burned!? Dennis was getting hysterical as his eyes widened in anger and in fear. He was breathing heavily as if he just ran a great distance and his palms started to hurt as he dug his nails deeper into them.

Vincent shook off the shocked expression and faced Nina. ?Did you?did you see them get killed??

She shook her head. ?I covered my eyes?? She replied, whispering solemnly as she looked down.

Vincent sat back and relaxed a bit. ?What you need Dennis, is just a good night?s rest. Besides, when Nina gets well, we go train together again. The League is just seven months away and?? He paused and looked at Nina?s downed expression. ?What?s the matter??

?Vincent?I?I?m not going to the League anymore?? She replied soberly.

Vincent?s first expression was shock but then cooled down to his cheerful demeanor. ?So you?re not going back to the League anymore, huh, Champ??

Dennis remained silent as Nina replied, shaking her head. He had a blank expression as he looked at Vincent trying to cheer Nina up. He felt his anger cool down a bit.

?You?you?re not disappointed, are you?? She asked him.

?Nah,? Vincent replied quickly and firmly. ?Not at all. It?s your decision anyway,? He beamed at her.

?But aren?t you going to get mad? I did promise you guys before that we?re going to the League together.?

Everything was fine for Vincent. He seems to accept the fact that Nina?s going to have an early retirement from the League. It didn?t offend him or made him angry, unlike Dennis.

?I guess you were just hanging out with Dennis, huh??

She nodded in reply.

Dennis sighed as he walked towards the door, opened it and went out of the room. He slowly closed the door, feeling that he has no use to them for now. He could hear Nina giggle from the inside as he began to walk along the corridor.

To be conitnued...

Suzu

~&#9829;~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Everyones starting to get along XD
    This chapter was good, I like how you edited the other ones too.
    It makes things more interesting haveing killer dragons flying around.
    Grate chapters oni!! ^^

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Wow. 8 chapters of reading without reviewing........
    Amazing story so far! Oni is the best! Dragons killing! Now thats dark.
    Cant wait to read more. Hehe, Nina likes Dennis :D

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Very nice. I'm still not quite sure why Dennis is so upset about Nina not going to the Leauge... it's kinda confusing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens between those two!!

Years
    New chapter!

Chapter 9

After a few days, Nina managed to recover from her injury. With some cheering-ups from Vincent and some minor support from Dennis, she managed to get out from the hospital.

~*~*~*~

?Hey, Nina,? Vincent began as the three walked along the streets of Cerulean city. ?I was wondering if I could join you guys. You know, I really want to train with you even though you?re not going to the League anymore.? He grinned as he said the words.

Nina smiled and didn?t notice Dennis? horrified expression. He was just behind her. ?Sure you can!? She exclaimed. ?We?re old friends, right?? She glanced at Dennis and her cheerfulness immediately fell.

Dennis looked down and tried to ignore them both.

?Dennis??

?What?? He grunted irritably. ?Is it something about me or him?? He answered in a very rude tone.

?Dennis, I thought you guys had your problems solved??

??Solved? Since when did you think that, Nina?? Dennis? voice started to rise again and he was getting hysterical once more. The three of them stopped and people started to look at the strange group. ?Nina, I didn?t even like the idea of you joining me. I don?t see your use in my life since you?re just going to be there, following me around. Other than that, you let him go with us!?

Nina held herself back and tried not to get angry with Dennis. Instead, she forced a meek smile on her face.

?Guys, I think we should get going now,? Vincent tried to convince them, noticing the people staring at hysterical Dennis.

?Yeah, right. And where do you think you want to go?? Dennis yelled at Vincent.

A grin crept up at Vincent?s face. He smiled maliciously and told his destination. ?Let?s go south of here!?

?South of here? Are you insane?? Dennis yelled at him. ?Do you want to get killed, Vincent? You just don?t know how dangerous it is down there!? Whispers emitted from the people that passed by.

?Relax, relax. What are the chances of those things appearing? I bet they migrated someplace else. I?m sure about that!?

Dennis scowled as Nina glanced on both sides. She doesn?t seem to know who to go with. Dennis doesn?t seem to like her and Vincent seems to be a little reckless.

?Hey, Nina! Why don?t you go with me? I?m sure the swarms aren?t going to attack us!? Vincent persuaded her.

?But, Vincent??

??Don?t worry,? He interrupted her. ?I?ll protect you?? Vincent smiled at her warmly.

She smiled back at him, feeling a bit protected. She looked back at Dennis to persuade him but she noticed that he was already walking away. ?Dennis!? She yelled as she caught up with him. ?Dennis, why don?t you join us? For old time?s sake!?

Dennis grunted as he felt Nina hold his hand. ?Nina, I don?t have any time to go with that loser. Especially when I need to train up for the League,?

?Dennis, can?t you understand? We?re all friends! We don?t care about battles or anything! We care about each other!? She persuaded him. The only thing she could do was hold him back, which made him slow down his pace. ?Dennis, please,?

Dennis stopped and glanced at Nina. He couldn?t resist her smile and her bright green eyes that looked at him cheerfully. He sighed heavily and then said, ?Alright, alright.?

Nina?s smile widened as she led Dennis to Vincent. ?Don?t worry Dennis. We?re all together in this. I?m sure those things won?t attack us!?

?Okay, we?re going to start going there tomorrow!?

~*~*~*~

?I?m not sure about this?? Dennis muttered irritably as he gazed at the destruction.

Nina stared with her eyes wide open and her jaw hanging. Vincent clenched his fists and gnashed his teeth. They couldn?t believe their eyes at the massive destruction caused by the dragons.

Trees were uprooted and dirt fell from the exposed roots. The ground was full of craters; deep craters ranging from seven feet deep to ten feet. The craters were wide and huge and they were strewn everywhere. The whole land was a wasteland. Boulders were destroyed and had the telltale marks of being burned. The ground was charred black. The trees were leafless and showed more signs of a previous fire. The wind swept through the land and carried the strong odor of burnt wood.

?What?what happened here?? Vincent?s only expression was shock and it remained that way.

?I told you it wasn?t a good idea?? Dennis muttered. His expression didn?t seem to change as he gazed at the landscape smugly.

?They couldn?t have done this?? Nina whispered. ?If they did all of this?they could?ve been hundreds?no?thousands of them!?

Dennis sighed heavily. ?It can be true. They might have increased in number??

Vincent faced both of them. ?No! They couldn?t have gone that many! They couldn?t have increased in number in just a week??

??Unless?they summoned more of their kind from the other regions?? Dennis interrupted him. All three were engulfed in silence. ?I told you two to not go here, but you just can?t listen. I?m going back.?

?No, Dennis, wait!? Nina exclaimed, holding him back. ?It?s a long way back to Cerulean.? She pleaded. ?Besides, the only way to a safe place is Saffron??

Dennis paused. She did point out the truth. Going back to Cerulean meant that it would take him overnight?and that meant facing the swarms once more. Going to Saffron will only take about noon.

?Alright, already!? He yelled. ?We?re going to Saffron then!?

?Good. Now you guys better hurry up. We don?t have much time to get there??

~*~*~*~

The destruction stretched on as they traveled south. Trees uprooted, smoldering, and rotting. The ground was etched and full of craters. White smoke came from the trees and lifted up to the sky. All three continued on, ignoring the fact that their own lives are in the most dangerous place in all of Kanto. The patting of the footsteps on the brick hard ground and the gentle wind blowing across the devastation were the only things heard.

Nina was first to notice something from faraway. ?Hey, what?s that?? She asked, pointing towards the distance. It looked as if a man was standing and gazing at the destruction. He was so far away, they don?t know if he was really a man at all?or just a dead tree?

?Beats me?let?s just see?? Vincent muttered out loud.

Without saying anymore, the group continued to approach the dark figure. It took a few minutes until they finally approached the man. He had long, blood red hair that was tied behind him. His face was thin and looked sober while his eyes were closed. He wore a long, dark, long sleeved shirt that looked thick and was almost twice as big as his body. His denim pants were ripped and torn, stained with mud, and grass stains, and faded white.

?Ex?excuse me?? Nina began. Dennis and Vincent both looked at her sharply but she was intent on getting the man?s attention. ?Mister?what?what are you doing here??

The man was facing down towards the charred ground. His long hair flowed with the wind as he opened his eyes. He then faced the group. His hair flowed wildly as the group gasped. They saw his eyes?pale silver. They shined brightly as he gazed at them with his two sharp eyes. It was as if they stabbed your soul the moment they look at you.

?The question is, actually, what are you kids doing here?? His voice was crisp and clear. ?Do you know the dangers of this place??

?Yes, sir?but??

??There is no excuse. If you kids are reckless enough to come here get abducted or killed?? He paused as he looked at the small group of teenagers. ?I warn you?all of you kids?the thrill of fun, searching for the swarms isn?t fun or harmless??

??We know that, mister!? Dennis interrupted him and walked in front of Nina to face him. ?I?ve seen them kill people before. Do you think it was my decision to come here??

The man paused. A smirk surfaced on his face. ?Then if it is not your decision, why do you stand here before me now??

Dennis didn?t reply as he gritted his teeth. He gripped his fist as he looked at the man?s mocking smirk.

?Leave now,? The man continued. ?If you three value your lives, leave now?? He then pointed a finger at Dennis. ??Especially you, boy?? He lowered his arm slowly while Dennis glowered.

He couldn?t control himself as he lunged forward, sent his fist flying towards the man?s face. His fist could have landed on the man?s face if the man wouldn?t have caught the punch. He gripped Dennis? fist and twisted his arm.

Dennis screamed in pain as he kneeled down and the man continued to twist his arm slowly and painfully.

?Dennis!? Nina called but was halted by the man.

?Both of you don?t move. Let me teach the boy a lesson.? He said as he continued to twist Dennis? arm.

Dennis yelled in pain as the man pushed forward and caused him more pain. His screams of agony echoed through the barren wasteland.

?Let me hear you beg for mercy,? The man smirked. ?Come on, boy. Let me here your apologies!?

Dennis? screams stopped as he tried to voice out his words. ?I?m?I?m not apologizing?to you!? He spat bitterly.

The man?s smirk grew wider as he released Dennis. He watched Nina help Dennis up and Vincent trailing behind her. ?Your pride will cost you your life someday, boy. Just be happy that the girl saved your arm.?

Dennis glared at the man as he gasped in pain. The man gave one final smirk and quickly turned around. He then began to walk up north. Dennis struggled to chase after him but was stopped by Nina.

?What do you think you?re doing? He showed you how he can break your arm and you still chase after him??

Dennis spat bitterly as he finally stopped struggling. He escaped from Nina?s grasp and just stared at the emptiness. Even though his arm was sprained and hurting, he couldn?t take away the sinister grin and the sharp, silver, stabbing eyes of the man.

~*~*~*~

?Stand still!? Nina argued as she wrapped bandages around Dennis? arm.

The group managed to reach Saffron city before sunset. After more arguments, they managed to find a hotel and stay there. After asking for bandages, Nina started to take care of Dennis since his arm was still sprained.

?You?re hurting it more!? Dennis yelled as he continued to struggle in pain.

?Well, it was your fault you tried to punch that man!? Nina insisted as she held Dennis hand while continuing to wrap his arm. ?Hold up your sleeve!?

Dennis didn?t do what she said but just looked at the window next to him. He had a strange feeling inside him. It was as if sadness was about to envelope the entire city soon. He looked down at the bright lights of the city and the cars outside. Nina continued to care for him and Vincent was out of the room. He left his trench coat on the bed since it was getting quite hot.

His anger calmed down when he realized that Nina was finished. He looked at his bandaged arm and then at Nina?s irritated expression. He then looked back again at the city. ?Nina??

?Yeah??

?I have a weird feeling that something?s going to happen soon?? He whispered sternly.

?What do you think will happen??

Dennis shrugged. ?I dunno?it?s just a weird feeling. It?s like when you close your eyes and you feel someone close to you because you can feel them somehow?but this feeling?it?s just weird. It?s like a sad thought. A thought that something evil is going to happen??

Nina didn?t reply but instead stood up. ?Weird stuff happen always, Dennis?? She began. ?When we grow up, we?change?I guess??

?It?s not that!? Dennis? voice rose. ?I just think that something bad is going to happen! I can feel it in my gut, Nina!?

Nina gaped in terror as Dennis began to become hysterical again.

?Listen, Nina?? Dennis began again. ?I just?have this weird feeling. It?s like?I want to die. It?s inside me and I?m not making this up! I?m not thinking of killing myself but inside me?I want to die?? His voice lowered to soft, somber whisper. ?It?s like something is missing in my life, Nina. And that part wants to come back to me. It just wants to come back to me no matter how far it is??

She could see his expression of mixed terror and sorrow. He was just like a child, clinging to his mother. Nina couldn?t do anything but just comfort him. She wrapped her arms around him tightly even though he didn?t embrace her back. ?It?s alright, Dennis?? She whispered. ?Everything?s fine??

~*~*~*~

He realized that he was within darkness. He couldn?t see anything but just the darkness. The darkness shrouded him like a thick blanket. He jerked his head on both sides, trying to look for a source of light could not find any.

But there was something else?he could not hear. He couldn?t hear himself. He opened his mouth and tried to speak. He couldn?t hear himself speak. A few seconds in the darkness worried him.

Then, he heard something. It was a soft humming of a girl. The soft tune took away his fear immediately and a deep sensation of longing began to spread around his body. Then he saw something in the darkness. He saw a girl, donned in white, radiant, silk shroud. The young girl looked about Dennis age and the only thing covering her bare body was the long shroud that trailed behind her. The shroud covered her loosely. She glowed a radiant green color that shined brightly. Even though she was giving off light, it did not illuminate the place. Her long, green hair reached down to her waist. Her face was young and beautiful.

He stared at the girl until she herself noticed him. She stopped humming and moved towards him slowly until she finally stopped because she stood in front of him. She stared at him curiously with her deep, blue eyes. Her eyes were emitted a mesmerizing trance as he kept staring at them. Her eyes were blue like the ocean?the longer you stare at her eyes, it seems as if they were the vast ocean itself. Her mouth crept up into a small smile.

?Can you hear me?? She whispered. Her voice sounded like cool, soothing waters rushing in an oasis in the desert. ?Dennis?can you hear me??

He nodded in reply. He tried to talk but he still couldn?t hear himself.

The girl smiled as she moved towards him. ?I understand?your disability?? She whispered. Her eyes remained transfixed to his. She held out her hand and touched his cheek.

He could feel her hand. It felt like cool waters that touched his face. Immediately, he saw a radiant light emanating from the hand. At once, he felt his ears become clear once more. The girl removed her hand from his face at once and remained smiling.

?Dennis?? The girl called his name.

?Who?who are you?? He finally managed to say. ?Where am I??

The girl didn?t reply but moved towards him even closer. He took his hand and placed it on her cheek. ?So this?is how a mortal feels like??

Dennis blushed as she felt the girl wrap her arms around him. ?What are you doing?? He asked. ?I don?t know who you are and this is freaking me out?? For him, the voice sounded very familiar and yet he could not remember where he heard the voice from.

?I am sorry?I could not answer your questions?but?I just wanted to see you?because?I cannot let yourself?take over your own will?? The girl occasionally trailed off in the middle of the sentence and then she continues it.

?What do you mean? I didn?t understand a thing you said?? He insisted. ?I want to know who are you and where am I!?

?You are inside yourself?? The girl replied. ??I cannot reveal myself because?I do not know my name??

The girl?s voice immediately became familiar to Dennis. ?Hold on a sec?you were that girl?you were screaming in my dreams!?

The girl lay her head on his chest and sighed. ?Dishonored innocence?? She whispered. ?I am not that girl?what you heard in your dreams?is just a memory?a very painful one??

?Dishonored what??

The girl looked up at him once more. Her beautiful face made Dennis pause. ?This was the first time I found mortals to be attractive?? The girl whispered. ?I may not?meet you again, Dennis?so?I can only give you two things??

He remained silent as the girl removed her arms out of him.

?You must leave this city?it is in grave danger?of another attack?you must flee. If it is wise, you must leave your companions??

?Wait, is this true?? He asked her.

?All of it is?? She whispered gravely. ?Now?the only thing I must give you?? She moved forward. ?As I said?this was the first time I?ve seen mortals to be attractive??

He could not hesitate as the beautiful girl closed her eyes and then leaned forward. She pressed her lips unto his. He could not feel warmth but he could feel a deep sensation as if cool, soothing waters were rushing down at him from above. He was in a state of shock as the girl slowly moved back.

?Did you?did you call me a mortal?? He was flushing uncontrollably.

The girl looked at him soberly. ?Yes?I have?? She replied.

?But that means?you?re immortal, right?? He questioned her.

She didn?t reply but just turned around and began to walk away.

?Hold on! Stop!? He yelled as he immediately caught up with her and faced her. ?Wait, is all of this real? I don?t understand anything!?

The girl simply smiled. ?For thousands of years, this was the first time I have felt this feeling before?even though it is a mortal?s feelings?? Then she faded.

?Wait! Don?t go!?

Within seconds, she disappeared into thin air.

?Don?t go!? Dennis yelled as he sat up.

He was gasping for air and noticed that he was back in the hotel room. He looked around and saw Nina sitting on one bed and Vincent on another. He looked to his side and noticed that the window was open. He moved to the edge of the bed and stood on the floor. He walked to the window and closed it.

It was still night and the room was in darkness except for rays of lights that were coming down from the window because of the luminous signs outside. He looked down at the ground below and looked at the small number of cars passing by. Then, he noticed something on the window.

He saw a green colored flower hanging by the pane of the closed window. It was the same shade of green as the girl?s hair he saw in his dream. He took the flower and observed it. He never saw a flower like it before. Dew made the beautiful petals of the flower heavy and a vague feeling of mystery and beauty wafted around it. It emitted a sweet fragrance that appeased Dennis. Just looking at it made him have the same feeling when the girl kissed him.

Something inside him made him think that what just happened wasn?t a dream.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    great chapter!
    Nina got him to come! That was cute how she smiled at him :classic:
    That girl sure was nice to him^^
    That Red head dude was way past cool! Acting all tough! I wonder who it could be????? *smirks*

Years
    Sorry I haven't managed to add new chapters. Having some writer's block lately. Especially when that latest chapter took me two days to think off... but don't worry. Things will be back up soon.

Oh no...school coming around the corner. That means that the fanfic would be updated only twice per week... ><

I'll try to update it 4 times the week if I can do as many chapters in 5 days...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ok im here to say great fanfic oni! nice storyline too...i look 4ward 2 the next chapter

Back