• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I find the graphics in this game area easily a step forward, MW2 is far more cartoony whereas Black Ops has tried to look more realistic, and has succeeded.
    My only complaint is that some of the guns look too thin, but that's how they actually look, I'm just used to the big, wide guns from MW2.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I never noticed either of them being "cartoony" in any way ever. I think you're getting MW2 mixed up with TF2 or something...

Years
    its cartoony lookin and boxy im not the only one who thinks so its not a opinion compare both multiplayer graphics when i saw the care package for the first time on black ops it looked so huge square and plain lookin and what are you talkin about style? black ops is created from the same people who made world at war and modern warfare 2 is made from the same people who made modern warfare ther two different partys thats why black ops has zombies in it because its the same creators from waw ther from different partys that makes the game waw creators got someone else for graphics and mw got ther own creator for graphics blacks ops campaign mode has good graphics ther are some things i see in it that need more work im not talkin about black ops in general i said multiplayer and in multiplayer the charecters look boxy and cartoony so does the maps or at least some maps

Last edited:
    Years
    Hahahaha.

Do you even know what the world 'opinion' means?

I also think MW2 looks more cartoony.

yea i know what it means i said look and compare both multiplayer graphics cause its a fact not just an idea or in opinion it just is and i doubt thats even funny at all so calm down on the over rated laugh

Guren

Troll
    Years
    its cartoony lookin and boxy im not the only one who thinks so its not a opinion compare both multiplayer graphics when i saw the care package for the first time on black ops it looked so huge square and plain lookin and what are you talkin about style? black ops is created from the same people who made world at war and modern warfare 2 is made from the same people who made modern warfare ther two different partys thats why black ops has zombies in it because its the same creators from waw ther from different partys that makes the game waw creators got someone else for graphics and mw got ther own creator for graphics blacks ops campaign mode has good graphics ther are some things i see in it that need more work im not talkin about black ops in general i said multiplayer and in multiplayer the charecters look boxy and cartoony so does the maps or at least some maps
    Just because more than one person thinks the same thing doesn't mean it's not an opinion. The key word is "thinks." It's not a fact. I personally think that Black Ops looks more realistic and less "cartoony." Obviously the developers would try to do this, seeing as it's a sequel, so they would try to step it up. I'm not the only one that thinks this; so that's our opinion.

And just because one team of game developers made the same game doesn't mean it has to be made in, or even called, the same style -_-" Ravecat means they both look different, and he prefers the Black Ops style over the MW2 one. They could have used a different shading style, line style, animation style, colour palette style, etc.

I like Black Ops better, and it's taking a look back in time :)

Years
    Just because more than one person thinks the same thing doesn't mean it's not an opinion. The key word is "thinks." It's not a fact. I personally think that Black Ops looks more realistic and less "cartoony." Obviously the developers would try to do this, seeing as it's a sequel, so they would try to step it up. I'm not the only one that thinks this; so that's our opinion.

And just because one team of game developers made the same game doesn't mean it has to be made in, or even called, the same style -_-" Ravecat means they both look different, and he prefers the Black Ops style over the MW2 one. They could have used a different shading style, line style, animation style, colour palette style, etc.

I like Black Ops better, and it's taking a look back in time :)

ok once again im not talkin about the game in general im talkin about multiplayer here let me say it again (multiplayer) yes black ops has good graphics and better then mw2 but in multiplayer the cherecters look boxy and cartoony and some of the maps do too and yes the same people made it from waw and you can tell they made it from ther style thers things in waw that have the same ways and how they plot the story in the game once again im not saying this game is better then the other game im talkin about graphics that are in (multiplayer) and did i not say compare them look at mw2's semtex care package maps and charecters and so on and compare them to black ops semtex care package and charecters and so on it looks boxy cartoony and some what scrachy and i dont get how you can say i like this style with out explaining on why so why do you like it explain exactly what it is that you like on (multiplayer) on (graphics) not the matches or guns once again talkin about (graphics) in (multiplayer) and yea i put the word (thinks) and when i was typing it down i did hesitate to leave that cuz i knew someone was gonna point that out to jump on me about so now once again im saying compare the two and forget i said (thinks) cuz obviously is not what i was trying to say here so just switch it to (see) or something instead

Guren

Troll
    Years
    Well, your writing is extremely hard to understand and I fail to understand your use of brackets, any breaks, as well as find it difficult to read your entire paragraph with a lack of any use of punctuation whatsoever (except for brackets >__>), but I'll give it a try to answer you.

The graphics in multiplayer, single player and everything else except menus and cutscenes are made with the exact same 3D rendering system in the game, so that wouldn't change how anything looks. The only part where I think would differ would be the player characters, since the new addition of character customization would have to add each body part's animations separately instead of the character as a whole, which could make it "blocky" and awkward.

World at War and Black Ops would have a similar style, seeing as both are in a fairly close timeline (WW2/Cold War), but Black Ops's graphics would be more advanced.

Still, whatever both of us say about the game is our opinion, unless it is fact.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    ok once again im not talkin about the game in general im talkin about multiplayer here let me say it again (multiplayer) yes black ops has good graphics and better then mw2 but in multiplayer the cherecters look boxy and cartoony and some of the maps do too and yes the same people made it from waw and you can tell they made it from ther style thers things in waw that have the same ways and how they plot the story in the game once again im not saying this game is better then the other game im talkin about graphics that are in (multiplayer) and did i not say compare them look at mw2's semtex care package maps and charecters and so on and compare them to black ops semtex care package and charecters and so on it looks boxy cartoony and some what scrachy and i dont get how you can say i like this style with out explaining on why so why do you like it explain exactly what it is that you like on (multiplayer) on (graphics) not the matches or guns once again talkin about (graphics) in (multiplayer) and yea i put the word (thinks) and when i was typing it down i did hesitate to leave that cuz i knew someone was gonna point that out to jump on me about so now once again im saying compare the two and forget i said (thinks) cuz obviously is not what i was trying to say here so just switch it to (see) or something instead

I really think you fail to grasp the concept of opinion versus fact. link/

Also, guren I completely agree, many times did I try to read his post.

Years
    Well, your writing is extremely hard to understand and I fail to understand your use of brackets, any breaks, as well as find it difficult to read your entire paragraph with a lack of any use of punctuation whatsoever (except for brackets >__>), but I'll give it a try to answer you.

The graphics in multiplayer, single player and everything else except menus and cutscenes are made with the exact same 3D rendering system in the game, so that wouldn't change how anything looks. The only part where I think would differ would be the player characters, since the new addition of character customization would have to add each body part's animations separately instead of the character as a whole, which could make it "blocky" and awkward.

World at War and Black Ops would have a similar style, seeing as both are in a fairly close timeline (WW2/Cold War), but Black Ops's graphics would be more advanced.

Still, whatever both of us say about the game is our opinion, unless it is fact.

thank you (blocky and awkward) which was my whole point thats all i was saying geez and yes i know my grammer sucks but it is understandable to read even though the run on but other then the way i type which is not the point its boxy blocky and awkward and is probably cause the customizing of the charecter

also i just read on wiki mw3 is supposedly coming out 2011 i dont know about you guys but to me call of duty games are coming out fast lol

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    thank you (blocky and awkward) which was my whole point thats all i was saying geez and yes i know my grammer sucks but it is understandable to read even though the run on but other then the way i type which is not the point its boxy blocky and awkward and is probably cause the customizing of the charecter

also i just read on wiki mw3 is supposedly coming out 2011 i dont know about you guys but to me call of duty games are coming out fast lol
    Actually, your grammar really is that bad. It's very hard to understand what you say, not only due to your grammar, but your evident lack of comprehension. It is your opinion that the characters look "blocky" "boxy" and "awkward". In my opinion the game looks "great" "amazing" and "wonderful", especially compared to MW2.

I've heard a lot of kids saying that it looks cartoony, and I personally don't see how it's cartoony at all, but that is their opinion. :)

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Anyways, I finally beat the campaign today. It had it's ups and downs, and the plot got pretty trippy near the end, but I enjoyed it more than MW2's campaign if only because the story actually made some sense and had some closure.

In regards to the multiplayer, its so much better than MW2 aside from the obvious issues: matchmaking, spawning and knifing range.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Anyways, I finally beat the campaign today. It had it's ups and downs, and the plot got pretty trippy near the end, but I enjoyed it more than MW2's campaign if only because the story actually made some sense and had some closure.

In regards to the multiplayer, its so much better than MW2 aside from the obvious issues: matchmaking, spawning and knifing range. + sniping

Just added one thing and you're spot on! XD

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    The cartoon-esque style I was referencing in MW2 is quite subtle, it's not as obvious as, say, Team Fortress 2's cell-shading style.
    I also don't find Black Ops to be blocky or awkward at all, actually I'm very proud of Treyarch's efforts with animation, and they in fact used motion capture to create the most realistic animations the series has seen so far.

What's the problem with knifing range? I hope you're not saying it's too short... because I love it this way, the extreme lunge in MW2 is terrible.
    Couldn't agree more about the other things though; I'm not much of a sniper but I don't even bother with them at this stage. In MW2 I was being killed by snipers every few seconds on some occasions, in Black Ops I've been killed by one or two ever.

Back