• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Why would you send him a message in the first place?
    Because I was doing good and only had a couple deaths and needed one more kill to win. To have my last kill of the match second chance me and give me a useless death drives me nuts, so I messaged him. I don't send angry messages very often, but if you'd have seen it you would've understood why I was mad.

Years
    Finally, an across the map Tomahawk! It is so funny, I was spectating him on theater mode, he just joins the game, 3 seconds later he gets killed by the Tomahawk!

Years
    It actually puts you below their level as you demonstrate how easily you're affected by a video game.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've found a pretty good setup that works for me. It consists of:

Commando with Suppressor
    CZ75 with Suppressor

Frag Grenade, Concussions, Claymore

Ghost
    Sleight of Hand (Pro)
    Hacker

It's aimed at the more defensive minded player, which I've realised suits my play style a lot more. I don't camp; instead I move slowly, watch an area, get one or two kills and move on. It makes me think more and play smarter and I'm enjoying it. My last game of Team Deathmatch ended up with me getting a +1 kill death ratio which was a first for me for quite a while.

Any tips on improving this setup can be freely sent to me or posted in a reply. I'm thinking of replacing Hacker with Ninja; what do you guys think?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Commando with Suppressor
    CZ75 with Suppressor

Ghost
    Sleight of Hand (Pro)
    Hacker

It's aimed at the more defensive minded player, which I've realised suits my play style a lot more. I don't camp; instead I move slowly, watch an area, get one or two kills and move on. It makes me think more and play smarter and I'm enjoying it. My last game of Team Deathmatch ended up with me getting a +1 kill death ratio which was a first for me for quite a while.

Any tips on improving this setup can be freely sent to me or posted in a reply. I'm thinking of replacing Hacker with Ninja; what do you guys think?

If you plan on moving slowly, I would consider just keeping Hacker as you won't really need Ninja all that much since you're footsteps shouldn't constantly be loud and you won't have much need in hearing your enemy's footsteps louder (Pro version.) I would say Hacker's a better choice for this setup. Seeing equipment (from a distance) and eventually being able to hack it is a much more defensive way of playing if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    That still doesn't sound like an excuse to send him a message... puts you at the same level as him :/
    Yes, you're totally right. I am at the same level as someone who goes around abusing the cheap perks in the game, and sends messages with poor grammar cursing people out. I totally see where you're coming from and agree 100%. I take it you use the perk as well?

Just because you guys don't mind getting killed by a noob in second chance doesn't mean others don't. I'm gonna go ahead and say you guys are just as bad as me for calling me out for sending that guy a message. I guess we're all bad guys now, huh? Not to mention, Arcanine has posted in this thread and in the MW2 about how he sends people messages all the time, and no one says anything. Yet I post once that I send a message to a guy and everyone suddenly is against it? Go bother him, I'm sure he'd love to hear about how terrible of a person he is as well.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I finally got the last achievement on this game. Killing 6 zombies with 1 crossbow bullet was hard. Took me ages to get it. But finally did earlier today to give me 1000g on it. :)

Now I can finally start playing online. Been ages since I played online. Haven't even hit first prestige and all my friends are 2-3 or 4.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years

Commando with Suppressor
    CZ75 with Suppressor

Ghost
    Sleight of Hand (Pro)
    Hacker

suppressor imo is pretty useless for pistols because the range isnt very far to begin with so your only going to get silent kills from maybe a 10 foot distance with that. Instead rapid fire works well with the cz75, if you run out of ammo for your commando the cz75 with rapid fire is a good placeholder till' you find a new gun. Otherwise it seems that you got a decent setup going for you.

Edit: flash grenades work better then concussion because you can still fire and aim down sights in that while flash just blinds you in general

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    On the PC version, have the problems been fixed yet? I've been thinking about getting it for Christmas after I get my 5770.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    suppressor imo is pretty useless for pistols because the range isnt very far to begin with so your only going to get silent kills from maybe a 10 foot distance with that. Instead rapid fire works well with the cz75, if you run out of ammo for your commando the cz75 with rapid fire is a good placeholder till' you find a new gun. Otherwise it seems that you got a decent setup going for you.

Edit: flash grenades work better then concussion because you can still fire and aim down sights in that while flash just blinds you in general
    I assume you mean full auto not rapid fire? But I agree, the suppressor is pretty useless on pistols. Also, concussion grenades are good if you throw them at people with their backs to you, as it takes ages to turn around. Flash grenades are generally better imo, except that they don't work if the person is facing away from the grenade.

So guys, what is your favorite secondary weapon? I am partial to the ballistic knife and crossbow. The pistols are pretty useless imo, and the launchers are good vs. aircraft. The RPG is an exception to this rule, it can be fairly useful in certain situations, but you only get two shots without scavenger.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I would say the Ballistic Knife because it kills them instantly unlike the crossbow which takes a few seconds before it actually kills someone. A good upside to a crossbow is that it can kill multiple people with one shot as long as they are close to the explosive bolt.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yes, you're totally right. I am at the same level as someone who goes around abusing the cheap perks in the game, and sends messages with poor grammar cursing people out. I totally see where you're coming from and agree 100%. I take it you use the perk as well?

Just because you guys don't mind getting killed by a noob in second chance doesn't mean others don't. I'm gonna go ahead and say you guys are just as bad as me for calling me out for sending that guy a message. I guess we're all bad guys now, huh? Not to mention, Arcanine has posted in this thread and in the MW2 about how he sends people messages all the time, and no one says anything. Yet I post once that I send a message to a guy and everyone suddenly is against it? Go bother him, I'm sure he'd love to hear about how terrible of a person he is as well.
    If they're such noobs then how did you get killed by them? Maybe you need to spend more time improving your skills, rather than sending pointless messages. Arcanine is probably just as bad for getting killed as well. Seriously, less complaining, more practice!

But hey, if you think you're better than them for sending them an angry message, all the more power to you, but the fact is that they beat you, fair and square.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I haven't actually posted in here since I got the game on its release date, but I'm loving the AK-74u. Feels like COD4 all over again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    If they're such noobs then how did you get killed by them? Maybe you need to spend more time improving your skills, rather than sending pointless messages. Arcanine is probably just as bad for getting killed as well. Seriously, less complaining, more practice!

But hey, if you think you're better than them for sending them an angry message, all the more power to you, but the fact is that they beat you, fair and square.
    Do you even have a clue what you're talking about? Honestly, if you would maybe think about why I am calling them noobs then you would understand. If you're in the business of telling others they need to improve, then surely you have better stats than mine. So, let's hear them. I don't even think I should go into specifics with you because I doubt you even play the game, because if you did then you would surely understand my gripe.

"Less complaining, more practice"? You're kidding right? How exactly would you go about 'practicing' killing players who abuse the cheapest aspect of the game, which at times, is impossible to combat? I would love to see you in some of these situations where you knock a person into Second Chance and have them knife you instantly. How much of your practice would it take to deal with that? Hm? Please, if you have no idea what you're talking about, which apparently you don't, don't bother replying to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Do you even have a clue what you're talking about? Honestly, if you would maybe think about why I am calling them noobs then you would understand. If you're in the business of telling others they need to improve, then surely you have better stats than mine. So, let's hear them. I don't even think I should go into specifics with you because I doubt you even play the game, because if you did then you would surely understand my gripe.

"Less complaining, more practice"? You're kidding right? How exactly would you go about 'practicing' killing players who abuse the cheapest aspect of the game, which at times, is impossible to combat? I would love to see you in some of these situations where you knock a person into Second Chance and have them knife you instantly. How much of your practice would it take to deal with that? Hm? Please, if you have no idea what you're talking about, which apparently you don't, don't bother replying to me.

Do you think the Second Chance mechanic is complicated to comprehend or something? Is that why you're having so much trouble with it? My own stats are irrelevant, and I will not resort to sharing them with you because regardless of my ability, the point still stands that you need to learn how to deal with the perk better, like, I dunno, avoiding close combat with enemy team members who have the perk? Never mind that fighting up close is risky behaviour anyway, and if you so choose to get that close, then you will have to face the consequences of doing so. Mind you, there's risk involved with most actions, but if Second Chance is that big of a problem for you, then you should probably stop acting like Rambo and fall back a bit.

But even if you want to stay up close, all you have to do is hit the enemy just once after they're knocked into Second Change, and they will die. One hit is all it takes - is that really so difficult? Heck, it seems pretty fair to me, since you both have the opportunity to kill each other with one hit. I'm more bothered about the fact that my team mates can easily steal my kills, but then again I've never been one to care about points.

If you weren't so stubborn, more flexible and more willing to improvise and change strategies, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. This isn't just applicable to CoD, but life in general dude.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
    People don't seem to understand that they put perks and what not in for a reason. There are only a few problems I'm having with the game, and it's rather annoying, but I deal with it, I have faith in TreyArch.

Back