• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I know it is. Watch this, I uploaded it after one of my games

Unbelievable...

At least it wasn't a chopper gunner on Nuketown. Not that I liked the map at all myself, but that constant spawn killing permanently turned me off from the map.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Commando has replaced the Galil, but I still like the Galil. I always save up money and use it on the Galil + Suppressor/RDS right when I hit Lv. 20. And all of a sudden I can't stand the AK-47 anymore. Feels so awkward compared to the other two.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    At least it wasn't a chopper gunner on Nuketown. Not that I liked the map at all myself, but that constant spawn killing permanently turned me off from the map.
    Mhmm, thats really bad. Isn't that part of the reason why there is like, a delay in which the Chopper Gunner can't notice you right away? You can get lucky though, if you have Ghost Pro on and the Chopper Gunner is on the opposite side of the map, but that is not usually the case...

I think someone brought this up earlier about people camping in the buildings on Nuketown and how its a pain in the neck to get them out? What I usually do is use a Crossbow and fire across from one building into the other, very effective for the most part. I'm not proud to say I usually stay in the building but heck, I feel like running out there is pretty much suicide to me.
    Commando has replaced the Galil, but I still like the Galil. I always save up money and use it on the Galil + Suppressor/RDS right when I hit Lv. 20. And all of a sudden I can't stand the AK-47 anymore. Feels so awkward compared to the other two.
    Really? The AK-47 is the only gun I really use nowadays haha. But I see where your getting at. One minute you love a gun to death, next thing you hate it and can never use it. I used to be a huge Enfield/FAL user, but then I couldn't stand those guns anymore and switched over to (my current classes) the Olympia and AK-47. I feel like BO just isn't as addicting as MW2 was, anyone agree/disagree?

Last edited:

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    I had my first 100-kill game on Nuketown, all while still playing the objective (hint: Demolition). Would have actually put it on my fileshare if I didn't die 60+ times as well. I don't bother staying in the house, even if it means sacrificing my K/D. I just don't like staying still. I saw a video on youtube of a guy going 86-1 in Hanoi. He stayed in the projector room nearly the whole time. I could never do something like that.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I had my first 100-kill game on Nuketown, all while still playing the objective (hint: Demolition). Would have actually put it on my fileshare if I didn't die 60+ times as well. I don't bother staying in the house, even if it means sacrificing my K/D. I just don't like staying still. I saw a video on youtube of a guy going 86-1 in Hanoi. He stayed in the projector room nearly the whole time. I could never do something like that.
    You should put that in your file share! I mean, wouldn't you rather keep a game that was exciting until the very end where you fought for the objective, or a game where they stay in a building the whole time and get a great K/D? I would probably choose the first.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Got some bad rep last night after I "left" a zombie game. All that happened was my internet dced so now I have a really sucky rep on the xbox.
    People will give you bad rep for being good... I personally think rep has no place on XBL because no one can use it right.

Last night, I had 559 kills and my mom made me quit.
    I'm still waiting for the end of this post, because there's no way that's a single game.

I think someone brought this up earlier about people camping in the buildings on Nuketown and how its a pain in the neck to get them out? What I usually do is use a Crossbow and fire across from one building into the other, very effective for the most part. I'm not proud to say I usually stay in the building but heck, I feel like running out there is pretty much suicide to me.
    I'm proud to say I'm not stupid enough to run out on Nuketown. If people don't like me holding down a house then they can go jump in a lake, they were likely stupid enough to vote the map. I can normally get a Chopper Gunner on Nuketown, again if they want to play one of the worst maps in the game (after Launch and Summit) then they'll have to deal with a Chopper Gunner in the air. That's the price they pay for voting for it.

I haven't given my thoughts on the maps yet (haven't really had time for PC, and all of that), nor have I given my thoughts on the patch.

~ Berlin Wall
    Out of the new maps this one is my least fav. I can see where they wanted to mix things up and wanted to add some new things (like the no go zone). But the map isn't good at all, as someone said (I think it was Wings) the map is Rundown from MW2 just without the water and has turrets.

~ Kowloon
    I love this map as far as the map goes. I loved the level in the campaign, I loved being able to jump around on the roofs and all of that. Only prob is that it's a camper + Ghost + AK74u heaven. The first game I played on it the map was fun and I had a good time... every game after that people had their little scared to death class on, and that class was Ghost and the AK74u.

~ Discovery
    I'm sick of snow maps, really... Before the map pack came out we had 4 snow maps. Now look we have yet another one to pick from.... oh wait... that's right Berlin Wall is also a snow map... yea I'm really sick of snow maps.
    The map itself is pretty good and I like it because I do better at med to long range and the map is pretty good for long range stuff.

~ Stadium
    This is my fav out of the 4 maps. I think it's the perfect size for a map and a good layout for a map. You can use an SMG or an AR and do well on the map. It has some nice long lines of sight and has some close quarters.

I think this is a pretty good pack. And I think for the most part the maps are good... But what makes some of them bad are the players. Like Kowloon for example, I love the map but the players make me hate it. The first day I played it (TDM) I couldn't take it anymore. They didn't know the map very well and they were scared to move around and explore (or if they weren't scared to move around they were scared of Spy Planes, but none the less they had the same setup). So I'd run into a room or building and get killed by some little scared piece of crap who won't go to a Private match or Combat Training to learn the map. And I can't stand that, I can't stand getting killed by someone who uses Ghost and camps (or runs around with Ghost and a 74u), the Spy Planes are there to weed out campers and to know where they're spawning, but if they have Ghost then there goes that idea. While playing the new maps I have never in my life seen so much Ghost and 74u's they were everywhere, I believe I said it before in this thread that people who use Ghost on almost every class (or use Ghost + 74u) are scared and unsure of their skill. And the new maps proves me right, because people were scared and unsure about the new maps they make these cheap classes.

As for the patch... I'm happy with what they did with Second Chance. Taking someone's Second Chance kill has been a prob since CoD4 and and now I'm glad it's been fixed. The first or second game I got into after the patch I put a guy into Second Chance and Alex was in a Chopper Gunner and killed that guy and I got the kill for it, I was very happy to see me getting the kill from that. They didn't make it where you lose the ability to use your primary while going down (I've been killed by a primary after putting someone down), so I wish they'd fix that.
    It says AK74u adjustments and yea as far as long range goes I can tell it takes more shots. But they didn't do what would have fixed the 74u... added recoil. After the patch I thought I'd try the 74u to see how it was and at first I thought they made it better (I really did). They're never going to fix it, that's all there is to it.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Question:Isnt the game based on the Cold War events?If so, then isn't it logical to have snow maps?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They've stated many times that the multiplayer side of the game doesn't have any one certain time period. That being said, I like the snow maps (I think they're tons better than the MW2 ones), but the ones we had already were definitely enough. Adding two more may have been a bit unnecessary.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    I swapped my smoke grenade (keep forgetting the name of it) out for a Tomahawk and my normal grenade out for a smoke grenade that does damage (:D). I got 4 Tomahawk kills in my first time using it, which was pretty awesome.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I swapped my smoke grenade (keep forgetting the name of it) out for a Tomahawk and my normal grenade out for a smoke grenade that does damage (:D). I got 4 Tomahawk kills in my first time using it, which was pretty awesome.
    Thats pretty impressive. Don't forget though, thats only one game, try to keep that up if you can (;

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I have to say that Ninja Pro and a gaming headset makes for a pretty good advantage over others without Ninja.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Go to the campaign, click Mission Select, go down the list and tell me how many of them maps are snow setting maps, and then tell me how many are jungle setting maps.
    Good point(didnt acutally count,just recalled a few.)But then again,the campaign wasnt based on the multiplayer,rather the other way around,wasn't it?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    I think multiplayer maps are based on some missions from the game, but other than that I don't think one is really based off the other.

Back