• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
Years
  • A bit random... but hazard master, how old are you?

Right now I am 15 and lovin' every minute of it.

Also, I finally got the rest of my classes figured out:

Sniper:
    WA2000 (subject to change at random) Udjustable Scope
    CZ75 Silencer
    Tomahawk/Concussion/Claymore
    Ghost Pro/Hardened/Ninja Pro

Camping:
    Commando Silencer
    Python Duel-Wield
    Frag/Concussion/Claymore
    Ghost Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Ninja Pro

Run 'n Gun:
    MPL Grip
    CZ75 Big Mag
    Frag/Concussion/Motion Senser
    Hardline Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

Dedicated AA:
    PM63 Grip
    Strela-3
    Scavenger Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

Flag Runner:
    AK74u Rapid Fire
    CZ75 Automatic
    Semtex/Concussion/Claymore
    Lightweight Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

It's Personal:
    Skorpian Rapid Fire
    Python Speed Loader
    Semtex/Concussion/Tactical Insertion
    Lightweight Pro/Sleight of hand Pro/Ninja Pro

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    New maps so far seem tons better than the previous map pack. I haven't had much time for them either, but that's so far my impression of them. I'm especially liking Convoy, which I thought would be my least favorite.

The new zombie map is pretty great as well. I'm not quite sure I like Romero following you around the entire time, good thing he's slow. I do love that they put an emphasis on sniping and long range type stuff.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Right now I am 15 and lovin' every minute of it.

Also, I finally got the rest of my classes figured out:

Sniper:
    WA2000 (subject to change at random) Udjustable Scope
    CZ75 Silencer
    Tomahawk/Concussion/Claymore
    Ghost Pro/Hardened/Ninja Pro

Camping:
    Commando Silencer
    Python Duel-Wield
    Frag/Concussion/Claymore
    Ghost Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Ninja Pro

Run 'n Gun:
    MPL Grip
    CZ75 Big Mag
    Hardline Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

Dedicated AA:
    PM63 Grip
    Strela-3
    Scavenger Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

Flag Runner:
    AK74u Rapid Fire
    CZ75 Automatic
    Semtex/Concussion/Claymore
    Lightweight Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

It's Personal:
    Skorpian Rapid Fire
    Python Speed Loader
    Semtex/Concussion/Tactical Insertion
    Lightweight Pro/Sleight of hand Pro/Ninja Pro

Oh, are we posting classes? Here's mine.

Primary
    Famas Silenced
    Python Dual Wield
    Semtex
    Flashbangs
    Claymore
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon Pro

Offense (Objective Modes)
    AK74u Silenced
    Crossbow
    Semtex
    Willy Pete
    Tactical Insertion
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon Pro

Defense (Objective Modes)
    Famas Silenced
    Crossbow
    Semtex
    Nova Gas
    Tactical Insertion
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Ninja Pro

Anti-Aircraft
    MAC Dual Wield
    Strela-3
    Semtex
    Concussion Grenades
    C4
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon Pro

Submachine-Gun
    AK74u Rapid Fire
    Python Dual Wield
    Semtex
    Flashbangs
    Claymore
    Lightweight Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon Pro

Sniper
    L96A1 Variable Zoom
    M1911 Extended Mags
    Tomahawk
    Concussion Grenades
    Claymore
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Second Chance Pro

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The new zombie map is pretty great as well. I'm not quite sure I like Romero following you around the entire time, good thing he's slow. I do love that they put an emphasis on sniping and long range type stuff.
    The part I hate the most about him is the fact he'll go crazy if you shoot him (99% of the time I didn't mean to), and then makes these outrageous screams that's just annoying.
    And even if you "kill" him he's gone for just a round or two (or it might be a time limit).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The part I hate the most about him is the fact he'll go crazy if you shoot him (99% of the time I didn't mean to), and then makes these outrageous screams that's just annoying.
    And even if you "kill" him he's gone for just a round or two (or it might be a time limit).

I heard it's two rounds, but I haven't done it myself so I can't be sure. I agree about the going crazy thing. I wouldn't mind the shouting alone to be honest, but having him go crazy and start chasing you down faster can get annoying.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Its easier to just laydown a claymore in front of the insertion and then go do something else (i.e. get the flag).

P.S. Tactical Insertions are for noobs who like to give the campers more kills.

Uh, yeah, that's my point. People decide to camp it and waste their time to deal misfortune to me directly and piss me off. I know this as every time this happens the person in question, if he has a mic on, laughs and moves on.

Also, Tactical Insertions are for if you don't want to spawn across the map if you are running for the flag. Rushing the flag and then dying there, taking 13 seconds to spawn and 30 more seconds to run to their base and attempt to capture again. No thanks, I'd much rather use Tactical Insertions to be able to spawn closer to the base and get more chances to capture or get closer.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I agree that tac inserts if used right is a smart thing to do. I played a little CTF in MW2, and I put on a tac insert, and it worked well. And if used right in a gametype like Dom you can put a real hurt on the enemy team if they just got you off of a capture point and you spawn right back and can take them out right away.
    As for the person standing there waiting on the person to respawn... I could care less about that. I mean if that person has to stand there for half an hour just to wait for that person to respawn then they likely aren't that good to begin with. Me, if I see one I'll smash it and go on my way, because I'm having to pick up the slack for people who will waste their time standing around, or who aren't good enough to get kills.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • I agree that tac inserts if used right is a smart thing to do. I played a little CTF in MW2, and I put on a tac insert, and it worked well. And if used right in a gametype like Dom you can put a real hurt on the enemy team if they just got you off of a capture point and you spawn right back and can take them out right away.
    As for the person standing there waiting on the person to respawn... I could care less about that. I mean if that person has to stand there for half an hour just to wait for that person to respawn then they likely aren't that good to begin with. Me, if I see one I'll smash it and go on my way, because I'm having to pick up the slack for people who will waste their time standing around, or who aren't good enough to get kills.

I pretty much used Tactical Insertions on all objective modes to get closer to the objective as if I have a choice, I ALWAYS play offense, and I like to cap as many objectives as possible. On good games of Domination I often get 8 captures and a few defends. C4 used to be my choice in MW2, but they ALWAYS get blown up by explosive spammers in this game, so I switched to Tactical Insertions.

As for the second part, I know that the people who do this are mainly people who suck and jerkasses, but it still bothers me that people want to wait, regardless of what the reasoning is or the type of person, around to kill me out of my Tactical Insertion instead of defending or capping objectives. These people should not be playing Objective Modes, they aren't helping the team at all.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • These people should not be playing Objective Modes, they aren't helping the team at all.
    I agree 110%, I can't stand people who play objective gametypes and won't play the objective. If they want kills I wish they'd go play Free For All, because in CTF, Dom, or Demo they only get like a 1.2-1.5 K/D anyway, not playing the objective, just playing to get kills. And the reason why I don't want them playing TDM is because due to their stupidity they'd go 5 and 30 and drag the team down. They can go play Free For All and it only hurts themselves, but do people do this? No, they're inconsiderate little pricks who only think only of themselves. If they want to go play TDM or Dom/Demo get 5 friends and they can all have an awesome time. I on the other hand don't want that crap on my team.

I have went 41 and 4 on a TDM game and lost (44 out of the 75 kills needed to win), I have gotten 17 kills in a normal 6v6 S&D game (anyone who plays S&D will tell you that's a lot of kills) and still lost. Where was my team in them games? What were they doing in them games? These are the people that need to be playing FFA, in FFA they can hurt themselves and not drag the team down.

The stupidity of people pisses me off when it comes to games (any game). I know people will say "Oh it's just a game" or "I play for fun". I'm not having fun losing because of these people dragging the team down or not doing their part to help. I have fun when I'm beating the living daylights out of the enemy team to the point where their pea sized brain can't comprehend the fact that they suck. And so they say I'm using a mod, or hack, or some other tool bad players use to "get good" at the game (when really the people who use hacks or mods only have a 1.50 K/D at the most). Or they say "You have no life", or "You're such a tryhard", or they say "Well I don't spend all day playing the game" to cover up the fact that they aren't that good. I have fun when I beat the enemy team and when we get back to the lobby they look at my stats and say "No wonder we lost, if he doesn't back out then we're gone because I'm not doing that again". That's me having fun, that's me having a good time on the game. I'm a competitive player, even playing a game like Left 4 Dead 2 with some casual friends I'm still a competitive player, I play to win.

I don't know how I got off on that, but whatever. XD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm not like you Arcanine. I do like to play the game for fun, and with the competitive spirit, but I'm not going to start playing FFA just to please those who are better than the others who aren't so good. I've always hated those people who blame everyone else for losing, or that they carry the team. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it when people say that, and it's true (such as your 41-4 case), but when these people only have like, a couple more kills than the next person on the team, then it's just really dumb. It's a team effort. If the team fails, then it's everyone's fault, not just one person.

So anyway, I'm gonna buy the Escalation pack if I can get to the shops before Wednesday. I'll be buying it mostly for Call of the Dead, since I'm just a sucker for Zombies, even if I haven't played it lately. I'm hoping this map will get me back into it. :)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Whats wrong with BO:

Famas is op'd
    Demo is always going to be spawn trapping.
    Ghost is for nubs who are afraid of spy planes.
    claymores have a blast range of c4
    Flak jacket promotes camping
    Majority of smg's are underpowered.
    Sniping isnt fun anymore
    Recoil flys everywhere, at least on a galil
    Hit detection in general

Anything I missed :3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I don't think the Famas is overpowered. It's actually kinda weak if you think about it in terms of Zombies, or compared to the Galil, but it's fast fire rate and it's accuracy is what makes it good. I don't even use it myself.

The only blue perk I use is Hardline nowadays, and even then I don't use it much. I only use Ghost for sniping.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    Wow alot of people play black ops evidentlly ^.^
    Like stated above sorta,
    is the new map packs worth getting?

And.. kinda off topic with black ops but on topic with COD
    does anyone still play cod4? Cause i still consider that the best cod out there :P

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm not like you Arcanine. I do like to play the game for fun, and with the competitive spirit, but I'm not going to start playing FFA just to please those who are better than the others who aren't so good. I've always hated those people who blame everyone else for losing, or that they carry the team. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it when people say that, and it's true (such as your 41-4 case), but when these people only have like, a couple more kills than the next person on the team, then it's just really dumb. It's a team effort. If the team fails, then it's everyone's fault, not just one person.
    If you go negative most every time while playing TDM (you can go negative and still be an objective player in other game types) then you need to be playing something like FFA, because in FFA you drag yourself down, and only yourself. You want to run out there and die 20 times by the same person camping in the same spot? That's fine by me if it's done in FFA. But if you're doing it in TDM then like I said... they're inconsiderate. Because they could be playing a gametype where there's a chance for them to get better (Free For All) where they only hurt themselves. Or better yet... go play Combat Training.

As for people who only pull a 1.02 K/D that game with the most kills on the team and only has like 2 more kills the the person in second... yea I agree with you. I've heard people say that stuff and when you look they didn't do that well, that isn't dragging the team along.

And as for the whole "It's a team effort." thing... I don't agree with that. Because if I lose a TDM when I am pulling a 5 K/D that game, why should I be counted as someone who lost it for the team? With me pulling a way way over K/D someone on my team was going way way under. In my 41-4 game someone (in this case it was 2 main people) was having to offset my 37+ score. Going by what you said... I'm to blame for that loss. On the flip side... if we won then them people who were countering my 37+ offset would also take credit for winning, they helped out just as much as me. Nope...
    It still recorded as a loss, but in my books I did all I could do to win, I'm not to blame for that loss.

If you think about it, TDM is also an "objective" gametype. The objective is... pull at least a 1.0, because if you and the rest of your team can pull at least a 1.0 you'll never lose.

Whats wrong with BO:

Famas is op'd
    Demo is always going to be spawn trapping.
    Ghost is for nubs who are afraid of spy planes.
    claymores have a blast range of c4
    Flak jacket promotes camping
    Majority of smg's are underpowered.
    Sniping isnt fun anymore
    Recoil flys everywhere, at least on a galil
    Hit detection in general

Anything I missed :3
    Famas: I think the Famas is overused... overpowered not so much. I mean yea... it might be the best AR, but it's not my personal pick.

Ghost: I'll agree that it's cheap, annoying, and so on. But really... I ended up getting so fed up with it that I put it on my classes. I believe it's on 6 of my 10 classes. Ghost doesn't make a bad player good, it just makes that player an annoyance to good players. But here I am, a good player... why do I have to die because stupid teammates run out and die time after time and give the enemies Spy Planes? To counter their stupidity... Ghost. Yea I think it should be fixed, but since it's not happening...

Flak Jacket: I agree with this 100%. It's almost as bad as Ghost Campers. To get rid of someone who's camping you toss a nade in there or use a tube or something like that. But they have Flack Jacket on they can take like 3 tubes, 5 RPGs, a few nades and still walk away.

Snipers: I think after the last patch they'd be fun to use again. I don't play TDM anymore to try it out, but if I did and played on a map like Array then then I'd give a shot.

And.. kinda off topic with black ops but on topic with COD
    does anyone still play cod4? Cause i still consider that the best cod out there :P
    I also think CoD4 is still the best, and a few months ago that was pretty much all I played for awhile. But it's time has come and went. Yea I'm sure some day down the road I'll play it again, but it'll never be my main multiplayer game again.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • If you go negative most every time while playing TDM (you can go negative and still be an objective player in other game types) then you need to be playing something like FFA, because in FFA you drag yourself down, and only yourself. You want to run out there and die 20 times by the same person camping in the same spot? That's fine by me if it's done in FFA. But if you're doing it in TDM then like I said... they're inconsiderate. Because they could be playing a gametype where there's a chance for them to get better (Free For All) where they only hurt themselves. Or better yet... go play Combat Training.

As for people who only pull a 1.02 K/D that game with the most kills on the team and only has like 2 more kills the the person in second... yea I agree with you. I've heard people say that stuff and when you look they didn't do that well, that isn't dragging the team along.

And as for the whole "It's a team effort." thing... I don't agree with that. Because if I lose a TDM when I am pulling a 5 K/D that game, why should I be counted as someone who lost it for the team? With me pulling a way way over K/D someone on my team was going way way under. In my 41-4 game someone (in this case it was 2 main people) was having to offset my 37+ score. Going by what you said... I'm to blame for that loss. On the flip side... if we won then them people who were countering my 37+ offset would also take credit for winning, they helped out just as much as me. Nope...
    It still recorded as a loss, but in my books I did all I could do to win, I'm not to blame for that loss.

If you think about it, TDM is also an "objective" gametype. The objective is... pull at least a 1.0, because if you and the rest of your team can pull at least a 1.0 you'll never lose.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this point. When I play a game mode like Team Deathmatch, I always try to get as little amount of deaths as possible because, if you think about it, someone who goes 18 kills to 15 deaths is doing less for the team than someone who goes 10 kills to 0 deaths. Team Deathmatch is as much about dying as it is about killing and people who run out there giving free kills to the opponent are the main reason that your team lose. They should really be playing Free for all where anything they do wrong doesn't affect others and it can also help them improve so they die less often.

On another topic, I took a break from my Xbox recently and when I came back I actually found Black Ops quite refreshing. I was playing Team Deathmatch and Search and Destroy without a team and I was getting some pretty good scores. I've taken another break because my exams start next week but I think the best thing to do if you realise that you're not playing as well as you normally do is not to get frustrated but just turn off your console and do something else.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm not like you Arcanine. I do like to play the game for fun, and with the competitive spirit, but I'm not going to start playing FFA just to please those who are better than the others who aren't so good. I've always hated those people who blame everyone else for losing, or that they carry the team. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it when people say that, and it's true (such as your 41-4 case), but when these people only have like, a couple more kills than the next person on the team, then it's just really dumb. It's a team effort. If the team fails, then it's everyone's fault, not just one person.
    So I take it you're one of those people who drag teams down.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Famas: I think the Famas is overused... overpowered not so much. I mean yea... it might be the best AR, but it's not my personal pick.

Ghost: I'll agree that it's cheap, annoying, and so on. But really... I ended up getting so fed up with it that I put it on my classes. I believe it's on 6 of my 10 classes. Ghost doesn't make a bad player good, it just makes that player an annoyance to good players. But here I am, a good player... why do I have to die because stupid teammates run out and die time after time and give the enemies Spy Planes? To counter their stupidity... Ghost. Yea I think it should be fixed, but since it's not happening...

Flak Jacket: I agree with this 100%. It's almost as bad as Ghost Campers. To get rid of someone who's camping you toss a nade in there or use a tube or something like that. But they have Flack Jacket on they can take like 3 tubes, 5 RPGs, a few nades and still walk away.

Snipers: I think after the last patch they'd be fun to use again. I don't play TDM anymore to try it out, but if I did and played on a map like Array then then I'd give a shot.

I also think CoD4 is still the best.
    Lemme pull up the famas's in game stats and that can shed some light on the gun

35-25 (Damage)
    937.5 RPM (Fire rate)

Now if you put in the famas's easily controlled recoil in the mix your going to get an OP'd gun. It only takes 3 bullets to kill yet it fires like an mpl which would take 4-5 bullets to kill. Not to mention the damage doesnt go down very much at a longer range :)
    A 3 to a 4 shot kill is still pretty good. If the famas had a bigger damage drop for the distance or unpredictable recoil it wouldnt be as muchh of a problem. But it doesn't, so there really is no wonder why a ton of people are overusing this, like a kid overuses sugar in a cake. Otherwise I agree with pretty much everything Im a cod4 sniping kind of guy so I believe the sniping mechanics should lean heavier towards that.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Lemme pull up the famas's in game stats and that can shed some light on the gun

35-25 (Damage)
    937.5 RPM (Fire rate)

Now if you put in the famas's easily controlled recoil in the mix your going to get an OP'd gun. It only takes 3 bullets to kill yet it fires like an mpl which would take 4-5 bullets to kill. Not to mention the damage doesnt go down very much at a longer range :)
    A 3 to a 4 shot kill is still pretty good. If the famas had a bigger damage drop for the distance or unpredictable recoil it wouldnt be as muchh of a problem. But it doesn't, so there really is no wonder why a ton of people are overusing this, like a kid overuses sugar in a cake. Otherwise I agree with pretty much everything Im a cod4 sniping kind of guy so I believe the sniping mechanics should lean heavier towards that.
    But isn't a Famas with unpredictable recoil the AUG? XD

I do agree with your post though, the Famas is slightly overpowered but it's not a problem in my opinion. In every Call of Duty, there will always be a weapon that shines - the magic to it is that everyone has access to that weapon so I guess people can't really complain (anyone that can level up to 14, anyway).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • So I take it you're one of those people who drag teams down.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm one who drags the team down, but I'm never really on the top either. I do sometimes have the odd game now and again when I have more deaths than kills, but it's not like I'm having a 2/20 KDS everytime I play. Usually when I have more deaths than kills it's only just a couple of kills under.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I was wondering which killstreak setup the other members of the community favoured?

Personally, I always run the 3/8/11 combo with the Spy Plane, Blackbird and Attack Dogs (I sometimes switch to the Gunship if the map is suitable such as: Nuketown, Firing Range, Array and Jungle) and I don't really stray away from those killstreaks as I'm very comfortable with using and obtaining them. They're rewarding enough if you have a good game and even if you don't, you can still call in Spy Planes to help the team.

Back