• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anybody here speak Latin?

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
  • I am learning how to speak Latin at school. But it's not really amusing when your teacher doesn't even move on the first chapter after months anad you start to realize that the year is over in less than 20 days. lol. So yeah... there goes my learning.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I started to learn it but meh, I have no patience. =D I know a few words tho...

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • I want to learn Latin too, that would make me quindrilingual :< but my school started offering it after my first year, when I had already started french, in addition to spanish. ohoho~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    We're learning about taxonomy in my biophysics class, so we're going to learn a little Latin. But my school isn't offering Latin next year because their cutting a lot of classes to save money.

Years
  • *sigh*
    Ya want latin? I'll give ya latin!

estuans interius ira vehementi = burning inside with violent anger
    sors imanis et inanis = fate monstrous and empty
    veni, veni, venias ne me mori facias = o come, o come, o come, do not let me die
    mens sana in corpore sano = healthy mind in healthy body
    quo edvas naturalis non disturba = what comes natural doesn't bother ^_^ ...so stop complaining about people who love Dragons!!

Had enough? Thought so! XD

*sigh* They teach italian and latin in my hi-school but not at my math-informatics profile so I don't learn 'em. XD
    *thunders* Fear the all-encompassing knowledge in my head! *is hit by a truck*

Last edited:

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • heh heh do i speak latin? I go to a school were everyone HAS to take Latin I and II, and we have a vocab quiz with 10 words EVERY DAY!!! And homework EVERY NIGHT!!! I already know over 1,800 latin words, and can translate many sentences (including all of the ones czard posted above)

pika2000

Millennium Mouse
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    I've been learning Latin for more than 2 years now.
    It's very useful and also good for showing off XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I took only about 4 weeks of formal Latin instruction, but I'm quite familiar with both Spanish and a little bit of Italian and French, so I'd probably be able to translate latin if I had time to think about it. XD

Back