• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can i load my saved game on TGB Dual emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    Hey guys just wanted to ask, do anyone know how or even if can you load a saved game played on one emulator to another. I'm playing Pokemon Gold on VBA and i want to evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam but he has to be traded in order to do that. I downloaded TGB Dual and from my understanding this allows you to do that. But if I load the ROM on that emulator it always asks to start a new game and I really don't want to that. I deleted that emulator now but if I download it again is there away for me to transfer my loaded game to that emulator or even another way to be able to evolve my Kadabra, I pretty much said forget it thus far it's really not that serious but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. So that's about it looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Knomez

lolwut...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    I actually need to know this too, does anyone have anyone have any info on this?

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Copy the game roms and the .sav files of the games you want to trade between from your VBA folder and paste them into the TGB Dual folder. (Not "Paste Shortcut", but regular "Paste".)

When you're trading between two games, the first save file (the one you load into GB1) has to end as .sav, while the second game save you're trading with (GB2) should end as .sa2, so just rename the second save file (blahblahblah.sa2) and it should load both of them up so you can trade.

After you're done trading, if you want to go back to playing on VBA, copy the .sav file from the TGB Dual folder, delete/move the old .sav from the VBA folder and paste the new .sav file into it. After that, you should be able to continue your game on VBA, and you should have your newly evolved Pokemon too.

If any of that is confusing, let me know, and I'll try to clear it up. My mind isn't the best at 8 AM. x-x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    You've saved on the Cartridge(ROM).
    Try going to Open File in the corner. it'd save with all your other PC stuff and data,and you'll be allowed to Open it again when you've got the game outside of it!
    good luck

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I have a similar problem still. I have the game states saved as .sav and .sa2, but I can't load them. Is the only way to load a state in TGB-Dual is to go to the drop-down menus of load states? They are all still greyed out, and yes they are in the save file of TGB and it is set to use that file. Could this be a problem with vista or something?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    I'm having the same problem as Bawb Ross... Except that I'm using XP and having the problem. The only apparent way to load a saved game it TGB dual is to load a game saved WITH TGB DUAL AND ONLY WITH TGB DUAL! Is there some way to open a saved game from VBA?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    The problem is that you're using save states, those are .sgm you need to use battery saves (in game saves) .sav, then you can rename one of them .sa2, this lets you change back and forth easily.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2010
    I tried it, but it just resulted in losing my save file on VBA and I was very far through the game :disappoin (pokemon gold) I run windows 7
    Btw: i'm new here

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I have a file type question. I have the Japanese HG Rom running on No$gba 2.6a, and I am going to get the English Rom. If i change the file name on the english ROM to match the .sav file name of the Japanese Rom can they work together. Can I run the English ROM using the Sav file that was made with the JP ROM?

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    i'm following bibliophibian's instructions about the tgb dual 7, but whenever i paste the .sav file into the folder to open up the game in the GB2 screen, a message pops up saying just a bunch of random symbols and characters. has this happened to anyone else, and would you know how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    trading

I have a saved game on a yellow version and a red version on TGB Dual and when i go to a poke center to trade it says that the link is closed due to inactivity. how can i fix that

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    It's been working me for a while. Also some advice for people who don't have time for multiple games, you can just use one, then copy the sav file and rename it as .sa2, then you can trade with yourself so you keep the OT/SID stuff :D

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    I MADE =]

It's been working me for a while. Also some advice for people who don't have time for multiple games, you can just use one, then copy the sav file and rename it as .sa2, then you can trade with yourself so you keep the OT/SID stuff :D
    Yeah, i mad =D
    i was here with the same problem but get my self and is easily than i thought.
    here it goes:
    1. Take the file blabla.sav of the room and put in the paste "save" of "TGB-Dual"
    2. Don't use the same game (EXEMPLE: I use "Pkm Cristal" so use another game, in this case was "pkm gold" ;D) and put the blabla.sav there too (ONLY if you have, because is not necessary. In my casa for example i just need to transfer graveller to evolve into golem and take the 3 inicials.
    3. open the TGB and Load the game (File>GB1 Load)
    4. Forget about the "Save State" "Load State" that thing just cause me a headache. The thing is the .sav he is the real save of the game. so it's gonna start in the menu '-'
    5. Open the other file (File>GB2 load). it's gonna open a new window that's the "second" game and if you have a game save just load in other case just start a new one and be happy ':P (THIS if you're playing pokemon the other games i don't test. and this is a forum of pokemon why we shuld care about other ':P
    6. Just for save you from HELL you CAN press the "acelletor butoom" (><).I tell that because i read in somewhere that can crash the room! ********! is not true =D

Oh! i woud be gracefull if i solve the problem of someone. I just for tell i'm brazilian...
    so...if i made any mistake in the word's i ask for sorry xD i don't know write so weel :B
    Good game for everyone \o/

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I dont get it, none of my VBA games are in .sav format they are all .sg1 .sg2 etc, and I save in game all the time...

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I've put in a new thread which is waiting to be approved enquiring about trading between emulators, I had trouble with VBA going to and from TGB to VBA, I'm looking at a new emulator.

.sav is usually load 1 .sa2 is usually load 2, I personally find it very confusing I hope you find a resolve to your question.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Hi I know this is an ancient thread but it is the top result in google for a search I tried so this might help anyone else with this problem.

I switched from VBAlink to TGB Dual (to trade in R/B/Y) and had the issue not being able to load ANY save files in TGB Dual. Load state options were all greyed out. Basically, Bibliophibian's advice is good (see his link to the way his TGB folder is set up). You need to include the ROM ie .GBC/.GB files in the TGB folder. Also, have the save files in the 'saves' folder and you should be golden.

Hope this helps someone...

Pingouin_7

You are supposed to use the battery saves (.sav)
    What you are attempting to do is using save states.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back