• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Pokemon tell the future?!

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
Years
  • 1995: Blue & Red came out. In it you battled the infamous rock GYM Leader, Brock. You get the Bolder badge as a prize. What people forget is the TM Brock gifts to you for your win. He gives you the lesser know TM34 (bide)
    2008: In the real world, there was an election taking place, in the end the new United States President was Barack Obama. With the V.P. Bide.
    Connections: 1) Brock~Barack (Similar in sound and spelling) 2) Last president number 43(34 backwards). 3) Bide~Biden. Pokemon tells the future.

(Okay so I did NOT make this up I got it from a friend who will remain nameless, and he got it from a friend. So for people who may lack common sense, all credit goes to whoever origanally thought of it...)

Though this is probally pure coincidence, it is still rather interesting, mostly the brock/bide part. But judging by this logic in president Misty and VP Bublebeam well be next in office.
    I realize it is worng in my sig i will fix it in the morning.

More crazy Pokemon conspiracy theory?
    Post em!:)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    fail-24.jpg
    Hey, it makes more sense than those 9/11-conspiracy theories...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I would just like to say the following: Head, meet desk. Desk, meet head.

Oddly enough, as I typed this, I saw an Obama advertisement on PokéCommunity's page. . XD

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • ShinjisLover said:
    Oddly enough, as I typed this, I saw an Obama advertisement on PokéCommunity's page. . XD
    It's called content-targeted advertising. The Google Ads pick up keywords from the page and put ads similar to the content, the idea being that people are more likely to click the ads.

Ultimately, though, you're stretching it. With all the possible connections that arise from a game as deep and extended as Pokémon, some are likely to be similar (and even then, "similar" is in the eye of the beholder) to real world events. This is nowhere near concrete enough to prove, or even plausibly suggest, that the makers of Pokémon can predict the future.

Years
  • hah, you didnt know that before?
    Pokemon is just awesome that way, they have been controlling the world.
    since 1995 =D

but ya, nice catch ;3

Royal Squirt

Senior Squirtle
    Years
  • The fact that you made that link means you have way too much time on your hands. I also have way too much time on my hands, but I've not discovered anything this cool :( Gratz on revealing the truth about Pokemon, I'm excited about a President with a name similiar to Misty and V.P Bubblebeam :P Although, how do we know the order? Wouldn't it depend on TM 44? Something to do with the S.S Anne O:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This would be more profound if you said something like:

"Obama is the 44th president, and he says that he won't rest until he brings change. In RBY, TM44 contained Rest."

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
  • This would be more profound if you said something like:

"Obama is the 44th president, and he says that he won't rest until he brings change. In RBY, TM44 contained Rest."

Dangg, good call.:D

And@Royal Squirt Watch there be a State Senitor (S.S.) and her names like Anne BubbleBeam, Lol.

Years
  • Since TM45 in Red/Blue is Thunder Wave the next president will actually be Bernie Sanders (sounds very similar if you pronounce "thunder" like a Japanese person) of Vermont and he will be ride a "wave" of popularity to the White House. Thunder Wave is also found on Route 24, Nugget Bridge, so he will work non-stop (24 hours) to "bridge" the divide between parties.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • No. All of this is pure coincidence. Well, there's also the possibility that Nintendo and Gamefreak went to the future and gave out hints in their Pokemon games, but that's unlikely.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • At the Pewter Museum they have a spaceship called "Columbia" and there was a spaceship in real life called Columbia that crashed. So, maybe there's a connection there.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • At the Pewter Museum they have a spaceship called "Columbia" and there was a spaceship in real life called Columbia that crashed. So, maybe there's a connection there.

Are you suggesting that the programmers at Game Freak were behind the explosion of the Columbia? It's a conspiracy theory!! :O

I'm sure it all goes back to the number 23...somehow...

Back