• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Can someone help me choose a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
  • I can't decide on Fennekin or Froakie. Chespin final evolution isn't the best looking in my opinion. Plus, I'm not a fan of grass type pokemon. Fennekin looks super cute, but looks feminine and there is a low chance of getting a female one. I don't want to trade for one either. Ive also always chosen the fire starter. The final evolution looks meh. Froakie is cute and it seems overused. Which one should I choose? Also, i think my flying type i will choose is fletchling, and that is two fire types on my team. It doesn't seem right.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Well, I know when I do Nuzlockes to keep things random, I use my Trainer ID to keep things interesting. If the last number is a: 1-3 I pick Grass, 4-6 I use Fire, 7-9 I use Water, and a 0 I pick myself. I know this might not help you but it's something that might help you decide.
    If you want an opinion on a Starter I would say Fennekin because it is a big help through out the game, but if you are using Flechling I would say use Froakie and grab a Skiddo or Pansage early on to have Water Fire Grass.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I only wanted to use fletching because of the anime and it looks cute. I am planning on getting a Picachu. Still can decide...may have to use your method.

I am also thinking about Amaura. I wish some pokemon didn't evolve! Thats why i like Picachu...you need a thunder stone.

Last edited:

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    if you like cute things, you have to go fennekin... if you like cool looking evolution, you need to go with froakie. but if you want tankiness then go with chespin.. he's a wall

Years
  • I was going to suggest throwing a 3 sided coin, but after taking the time to skim read, looks like you have chosen (I still say throw a 3 sided coin though)

Years
  • It is a tool you can use to decide on things, its like a 2 sided coin, but it has 3 sides instead :)

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • Ok thanks though. Which one did you use more?

Also how could i get a female Fennekin should i choose it without starting the game over until i get one?

Fenniken is great for Sp.a same with frokie, i used frokie more since i had exp share on in my 1st run (i don't suggest you do) but fenniken was a boss and frokie is to, to get a female save before you sit down pick starter check gender right away if it's not a girl (14.5% chance it will be) turn off your game load save. Do you want me to trade you the one you don't pick so you can have both? Gredninja is going to be on my battle team, i don't know if i will add Delphox or not yet though.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • if you're still deciding, i highly recommend fennekin if you're going with pikachu and amaura; i had those three as well on my team and i kept them to the very end of the game. my delphox and my aurorus were the staple of my in-game team.

it also kind of depends on if you want to use one of the kanto starters on your team as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wanted to go with Fennekin at first, but then decided to choose Chespin. Chesnaught, Chespin's final evolution, is a great Pokémon competitively. It's got major defensive stats, allowing you to stall your opponent for dozens of turns. It has a wide range of attacks in its movepool as well. Design-wise, I love the way it looks. It's got quite a large body, and the spikes on its back are a nice touch. d:

Also, you are brewing up a good conversation here, but unfortunately, we already have an active thread for discussions related to starter Pokémon. Due to that, I'm afraid I'm going to have to close this thread; sorry. ): Before you submit new threads, please take a moment to search and make sure that you're not posting any duplicates.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back