• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can the SPICE GIRLS still pull it off?

Can the spice girls still pull it off - again?

• Total voters

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's been about 7 years since they've performed.
    With their new world tour and greatest hits cd, I ask-
    Can they still pull it off?

Facts:

*One concert sold out in 38 seconds
    *The greatest hits cd is getting mostly good reviews
    *Their new single, "Headlines", is around the ninties in the US charts.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Fer Sure. I already bought the CD and I'm gonna get the Single when it's released over here. Or maybe I'll import it. People are already asking for More - their 2 new are already hits (Though, I think Voodoo would of made a better single) and people want a New Full album, and they want the tour on DVD and Amazon said that Spice Girls Greatest Hits would be one of the Top 3 Christmas gifts.

For real, the Spice Girls are Forever.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I thought so too.

I don't know what the deal is though, how everybody said their forever album was so bad, I thought it was really good!

BlueLunarAngel

Borg Queen In-Training
    Years
    Yes.
    There's still appeal in their novelty. With the added bonus that they've matured. Throw in their olskool dedicated fan following, and you've got a win.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I would've considered seeing them in concert if only for the nostalgia of my childhood. I think that may be what the sellouts were--I mean, anyone I know who's going is just going because they loved the girls back when we were all preteens. :B

But, I didn't want to see them enough to spend any money on tickets. Nor will I really buy anything else from them. It is kind of cool to have them back together, but the "new" appeal has totally worn off for me.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I don't really know.
    But I probably won't buy the CD..

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    I have to say it - I wish they'd stayed apart.
    I don't know why, I just feel that way.

Maybe it's because they're not girls anymore, not what they used to be. They're mature women now, and they have literally outgrown the "girl" image that they once sported, and it was that image that made them such a popular band.

I'm sure they can still cut it when it comes to sales, but a lot of their instant success is probably due to mass Nostalgia by many, many people. I just feel they will fail as a band on a personal level. They have a LOT more professional experience now, and have a lot more feel of control over their careers, basically, a lot more power as single people than just a band. - just look at Geri & Victoria a few weeks ago; news was that the reunion was in jeopardy because they were disagreeing on things quite a lot.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Really, you can't believe everything you hear in the media. The Spice Girls did not disagree on anything. Mel B recently told MTV Canada, when she was here, that the girls rarely fought, and if they did, it was a 3 second fight. Plus, as solo artists they weren't widely known. Victoria had 1 album out around the world. Emma had a couple with only the first 2 released over here in North America. Melanie C had her first 2 albums released over here and the rest were only released on their side. Same with the other 2 Geri and Mel B. Their first 2 CDs were released over here and the rest were released over there. It's pretty rare to find any of their solo albums over here in stores - though I've managed to find Geri's recent album and the 1st 2 Melanic C albums in Best Buy near my mall. Anyway, The Spice Girls are still girls at heart. They can still have fun, they're not old. Although they're more mature now, and truely are women. The name Spice Girls is just a Label/Name. Labels and Names shouldn't have any effect on what you think of a person or group.

And sure, the people who are buying their CDs are Past fans, just reliving the Spice World, but that's something people enjoy and that's why they're back, for a final goodbye.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Even if they did have an argument, I wouldn't care too much because all bands and groups will have them, sometimes lasting quite a while but it doesn't always have a great effect on their musical career. I know if I was stuck with the same 4 people for an entire tour, I'd probably get snappy with them too. xD;

I'm a little curious to see if they can actually transcend their teen-pop image this time around. Because when I think Spice Girls, I still think 90s and associate it with being 10 years old. :|

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Yeah, when anyone thinks Spice Girls they always thinks 90s. Thats one reason why I like them. Listening to their music, especially Wannabe, Say You'll Be There, 2 Become 1, and Voodoo (Their New Song) - always takes me back to the 90s. It makes me happy :)

Also, their show might be a little more raunchy and more Adulty. Melanie B confirmed that they will be nude on stage and we'll be having a peep show through the miniture doors that they'll be performing on. But I think Geri said that there will be Poles. You wouldn't see a teen act doing that, now would you?

punisher

War Zone
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    damn i love those babes,,,they stike together to the end they are like sisters <ya you go girls

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    I'm hoping for a new Cd in the future and maybe another reunion. Spice Girls may be one of the Greatest Girl Groups ever.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Really, they will. It's just that some fans don't know about it. My cousin had no clue about the Greatest hits album. It just needs more hype. Maybe a longer North American commercial.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I just got a $10 off anything at Victoria's Secret, so I might buy it this week. I just wish they had the deluxe edition, I don't want to have to buy the whole thing over again...

Unfortunatly... Headlines... might be the worst selling children in need single...

I honestly was expecting more, though. Headlines is good, but it's no Wannabe.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Well they've grown up. There's no more Teenage fun for the girls. Headlines, I find is a very more mature adult song.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well they've grown up. There's no more Teenage fun for the girls. Headlines, I find is a very more mature adult song.

I still like Voodoo better... but I guess I can't really see it as being a children in need single.

Back