• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can trainers/humans use Pokemon Fighting and Psychic type attacks?

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
Years
  • Remember those episodes in the first season of the Anime when Ash was in Saffron City? There was this fighting Dojo right accross Sabrina's right? So, since these trainers trained and owns fighting type Pokemons and are labeled as "Blackbelts" in the games, could this mean that they can use Pokemon Fighting attacks? Like Focus Punch or Low Kick or Karate Chop or Siesmic Toss, etc? Afterall, being in a martial art (wasn't mentioned what type of martial art, but I'm guessing it's Karate since most fighting Pokemons can learn the move "Karate Chop") and labled as a "Blackbelt", you should be able to fight effectively.

And likewise, those Psychics in Sabrina's Gym that are able to bend kitchen utensils (more specifically, those ordinary Spoons) using their Psychic abilities, will they be able to use Pokemon Psychic attacks like Psybeam, Psywave, Psychic, Confusion, etc and maybe even float like how Mew/Mewtwo floats using Psychic powers? They are Psychics, afterall. Like, a Psychic type human, synonymous with a Psychic type Pokemon.

And, anime-wise, if you could use Psychic and Fighting type Pokemon moves...could you just go and capture Pokemon by personally fighting them yourself and then throw an effective ball? You could even use your spychic powers to put a force on the Pokeball so that the captured Pokemon stays in there.

But, oh, of course, everyone can do a Tackle. Even I can do a tackle! ;)

Cerisse used TACKLE!!! Critical hit!! Mwahahaha! :rambo:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They can bend spoons, but a powerful Psychic Pokemon could blow a house up with its mind, most likely.
    Same for fighting, a human could break a brick but again a Fighting Pokemon could probably smash a brick house hence the move Brick Break *shot*.

There's also a definitive difference between, for example, a human's punch an a Pokemon move involving a punch... somehow. I'd assume Pokemon have some kind of... power(?) that makes them able to execute non-lethal but extremely powerful attacks against each other.

Thus, no. Eh, still, if it's implied that the blackbelts and psychics actually can perform Pokemon moves, then I suppose it's answered as yes anyway in the anime (I've not seen those episodes).

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • Is this a discussion or a dating service? lol. Anyway (Square o.o) hit the mark, humans can do some things similar but that, some humans are born with Psychic powers like Sabrina, is it is real, but not like it is on pokemon lol. Humans like Fighting Pokemon can use fighting moves like Karate Chops, Submission holds, Counter moves, A Sesmic Toss (in wrestling XD), and heck even Cross Chop! But Pokemon do it better. I admit I used to pratice doing Cross Chops , like Judo Chops and it was great! Cross Chop ftw!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, there was a collar that Jessie wore which allowed James (and Meowth) to control her and it made her use Pokemon moves. I remember they even told Jessie to use Fire Blast or something else which I can't remember if she ended up performing it or not. If someone can give me the name of that episode, it would be appreciated.

Cerisse

Years
  • It's an open forum and not a dating service.

No worries, I don't mind a bit of Chatter while I come up with a Nasty Plot. :cheeky:

But you can't step on dry land now can you mr Davey Jones?

If I recall correctly, there was a collar that Jessie wore which allowed James (and Meowth) to control her and it made her use Pokemon moves. I remember they even told Jessie to use Fire Blast or something else which I can't remember if she ended up performing it or not. If someone can give me the name of that episode, it would be appreciated.

What was the collar called? I mean, it's item name. I may be able to look it up with it's right name. Or better yet, an episode number.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Ehh, bloody port, ye got me there.

I'm agreeing with Daisuke on this, humans can perform certain various moves, we just can't focus our energy well enough to make a significant deal of damage like Pokemon can.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • Of course it's possible! XD
    The attacks are just a called to a move. In fact, the attacks is not the name, but the moves. Jessies always use a Mega Kick or a Mega Puch in Anime, and Sabrina used the Psychic once. =]

Years
  • No worries, I don't mind a bit of Chatter while I come up with a Nasty Plot. :cheeky:

Okay, flirt on your own time. And I'll never look at those attacks again. Dies. Heh.

Anyway, the games do maintain the theme with the Psychics and the Ghost channelers (I forget the official name), and the latter's speaking in tongues. Although, with the inception of Aura, at least, the possibility exists.

Then again, there has to be something, as J/J/M fall at great distances and don't go splat. See how you feel after a 50-100 foot drop. Heh.

Cerisse

Years
  • Tackle!

Of course it's possible! XD
    The attacks are just a called to a move. In fact, the attacks is not the name, but the moves. Jessies always use a Mega Kick or a Mega Puch in Anime, and Sabrina used the Psychic once. =]

When did she use that? You mean, the usual? Like, punching Meowth or something?

Okay, flirt on your own time. And I'll never look at those attacks again. Dies. Heh.

Anyway, the games do maintain the theme with the Psychics and the Ghost channelers (I forget the official name), and the latter's speaking in tongues. Although, with the inception of Aura, at least, the possibility exists.

Then again, there has to be something, as J/J/M fall at great distances and don't go splat. See how you feel after a 50-100 foot drop. Heh.

He wasn't flirting...he was just being friendly! Tee-hee~!♥
    Sorry, what's a J/J/M? XD

Cerisse

Years
  • Owkie...

Either way, that's why God made the PM system. Heh.

And J/J/M is just our mini-code for Jessie/James/Meowth.

Oh! So that's what it means. Thanks!

Did you really just call the site creator, God?

No. I think what he meant was that God blessed mankind enough to have it made. It's a Christian thing really. But, he may have meant that the site creator was God though.

And...I have to agree to mr Charaxes. You better stick to PMs. It's considered as PDA (Public Display of Affection), you know.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • When did she use that? You mean, the usual? Like, punching Meowth or something?
    Yup, that it. in anime, James, be kidding, I thought, said it when she catch Serviper. But I believe a punch or a Kick can be as stronger as a Mega Punch/Kick. In Psychics times, then...pff.

Years
  • Well, game wise, I guess so.

Missingno. is a good example. The sprites sometimes look like humans.

Also, in Pokemon G/S/C, Chuck picks up that bolder and throws it which is an ability Pokemon are only supposed to have. Perhaps he used strength?

Years
  • No. I think what he meant was that God blessed mankind enough to have it made. It's a Christian thing really. But, he may have meant that the site creator was God though.

And...I have to agree to mr Charaxes.

Actually, I was just being facetious, but what you said is kinda what I meant.

Mister, huh? Heh. Indeed.

Cerisse

Years
  • Hehe!

Actually, I was just being facetious, but what you said is kinda what I meant.

LOL! Ya, I know you were trying to be funny but the other guy was taking it literally so..there. Hehe!

Mister, huh? Heh. Indeed.

And...uh...what do you mean by that? Errr...you're not really a "mister"? I mean, not that it's something to be ashamed of or anything.

Back