• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen CAN U BELIEVE THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
  • I already beat the elite four on Emerald. My problem is trying to beat them again!
    I have the same pokemon: L55 Altaria, L71 Milotic, L52 Grovyle, L51 Camerupt,
    L50 Aggron, L51 Hariyama. Can somone help me beat them again! Any tips?
    (I must have just got lucky =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    Get revives with you.
    So you will get your pokemons back when they get fainted.
    I recommend you do that before starting fighting the next.. :)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Evolve your Grovyle, man. Why is it Level 52? Trying to get a certain move faster? XD

Other than that, just stock up on loads of items, such as Revives, Full Restores, Full Heals and Hyper Potions. If that fails, you could always train up.

I had a similar problem with the Champion, on Emerald; I beat him the first time rather quickly, but then he seemed to use the Double Team tactic, which really drew a downer; he ended up being the first Pokemon (Wallace's Ludicolo) from a Gym Leader or Elite Four to ever slow me down to the point of him using Struggle.

I then decided enough was enough, and just used the Aerial Ace TM on my Altaria. =)

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • Evolve Grovyle.
    Make sure your Altaria has Sing like mine did back in the day. xD It came in SO much handy back in the days of the E4.
    Yeah, just listen to the above post pretty much and you'll be good to go. ;o

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Y do I need to evolve my Grovyle? I think Grovyle can be just as good as Sceptile,
    right? And another question, I have an Aggron that I don't use for much, should
    I trade him for a elec. type? If so which one?

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Y do I need to evolve my Grovyle? I think Grovyle can be just as good as Sceptile,

Because you don't want to be like Ash Ketchum who doesn't evolve any of his Pokemon and always BARELY wins his gym battles.
    He is an insult to our true hero "Red" the genius.

There is a reason for evolution...it makes things faster and stronger and in some cases lets you learn better moves the Previous forms do not get.

Don't know if this will help you,
    but I flew through the E4 3 or 4 times with this team:

Blaziken, Swellow, Salamance, Marshstomp, Mightyena.

Blaziken took out two of the E4 on it's own being Fire/Fighting, and Salamance was really only useful for making Wallace cower in fear of me.
    So, first advice would be to evolve...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    sceptile is better.
    my team was:
    blaziken
    salamence
    milotic
    swampert
    (all you need!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    Before I defeat the elite four, I always have 50 full restores and 50 revives.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Everyone is different, some people are skilled enough to still succeed against the E4 with a slightly under leveled team, some like my self end up being really over leveled which makes life a lot easier...

On my first run I had a team that was ranged from Lv45-50 and the guide was saying that a team weaker than 50 would struggle big time, so i baught 20 full restores and max revives when in the end only three of my pokemon had at least fainted once so i pretty much wasted money when i was preparing.

My Point is, if you know type advantages well, etc. then you can be weaker than the E4 and still floor them.

Or you can over level, so you end up towering over their Pokemon haha.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years

Like said, beforehand, evolving your Pokemon makes training easier, because the Pokemon is stronger, however, if you're looking for a certain move, then you can leave them on, until they learn that move.. sort of like leaving Shroomish to Level 54, so it can learn Spore. (I think that's the level) This, however, makes training much harder, and you can be ousted by those that are fully evolved, or at least more evolved than you.

@ xiraiya: Yeah; Red is much better than Ash. (however, to my knowledge, his Pikachu still isn't evolved) One of the reasons I think so is because the Manga is MUCH more action-packed, and I think it would make an amazing series, were it given a chance to shine in the hearts of the older fans of Pokemon. Poke Special might be a new thing to me, (since I only started reading it, not too long ago, and I'm only on Volume 10) but having gone through the RBY section of it, I can say its awesome. Its not ridiculously repetitive, like the Anime with Ash and Pikachu is, and contains a lot more plot than it.

Hey how did you get TWO Starters ?

Likely trading. You can trade between RSE, obviously, using a link cable, and if you have a pad cable to connect your GBA to the Gamecube, you can also trade between Colosseum and XD to your GBA Pokemon games.

Strangely enough, however, I've actually managed to trade before completing the Elite Four on my Emerald, with a completed Colosseum. I got a Kingdra doing that. ^^

@ Min21: That's a misunderstanding, throughout. right up to Level 100, the EXP needed to get to Level 100 from Level 1 for Torchic is 1,059,860 at all levels of Evolution.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Y do I need to evolve my Grovyle? I think Grovyle can be just as good as Sceptile,

No, you're not right. You're very, very wrong.

Grovyle's Base Stats
    HP 50

Atk 65

Def 45

SpA 85

SpD 65

Spe 95​

Sceptile's Base Stats
    HP 70

Atk 85

Def 65

SpA 105

SpD 85

Spe 120​

If you need any more convincing...Then you're just stubborn.​

I already beat the elite four on Emerald. My problem is trying to beat them again!

You need help to beat the Emerald E4? XD. This is the easiest E4 in history! Yes, even easier than G/S/C. You're team is fine.

If you don't evolve something, it grows levels faster.

Wrong, the growth rate never changes, only with lucky eggs or Pokerus.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • No, you're not right. You're very, very wrong.

Grovyle's Base Stats
    HP 50

Atk 65

Def 45

SpA 85

SpD 65

Spe 95​

Sceptile's Base Stats
    HP 70

Atk 85

Def 65

SpA 105

SpD 85

Spe 120​

If you need any more convincing...Then you're just stubborn.​
    Yea I think you got me there. I'm highly considering it now.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years

..Wrong. Sceptile has much better stats.. I loaned my friend my Sapphire which shes giving back today, and man! She'll have already beat the elite4. Evolving doesn't change the time to grow.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    This might sound stupid, but you have to plan how your going to attack. Make sure the pokemon know moves that will put you to an advantage, without that, your going to lose (again i presume)

Evolve Grovyle NOW. Grovyle is only useful until around lvl 42 then it becomes nothing.

I already beat the elite four on Emerald. My problem is trying to beat them again!
    You must have been lucky with that team. You don't have to but if you have the legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groundon, use their Ability to your advantage. My Kyogre owns everything (on sapphire) because not only is it lvl 100 but I also gave it a decent move set.

Example: What happens when you use Rain Dance, then the next turn you attack with Thunder? 100% accuracy and extra damage dealt to your opponent. Drizzle = Lots of rain and easy damage.

Example 2: Sunny Day and Solar Beam: No charge time and extra damage.

Your weakness can become your strength if you THINK.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • I plain hate Wallace. He is the cheapest person I have ever fought!! Should I switch my
    Aggron for a Illumise or other electric pokemon?

GamerFreak

PokéCommunity Helper
    Years
  • like another fellow trainer suggested, evolve your Groyvle, and also, teach some of your Pokemon TMs like Ice Beam for instance. Also of TMs help with certain Elite 4 members.

Also, is there a particular Elite 4 member who is causing you havoc?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back