• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can we be clear? Blue vs. Green F

What do we call the Female Gen 1 trainer here?

• Green

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
Years
  • For this forum, I think we need to have a vote on who is who. This poll is to decide what we will generally call the FEMALE TRAINER from the RGB arc and beyond.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    You realize that no matter what the outcome, everyone is going to continue to call her what they jolly well please?

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I call her Blue. Why ? Because it is more logical. Look, the male trainer has green eyes, and the female one has blue eyes. And as Shininglatios217 said, "Blue" sounds more like a girl name than a boy name.
    So yeah, to my mind, Blue is the female trainer, and Green is the male trainer.​

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Green, because that's her official English name.

As far as I'm concerned the moment I start calling her Blue I may aswell stop using Brock/Misty/Sabrina and start using Takeshi/Kasumi/Natsumi instead.

And I'm not gonna be doing that. I'm obsessively consistent.
    So even if Blue wins the poll, I'm going to keep calling her Green because as far as I'm concerned that's her name ._.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    her name in japanese is blue, her name in english is green, vice versa for the non red male. i call her green since ur rival was named blue in R,B,Y

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • You realize that no matter what the outcome, everyone is going to continue to call her what they jolly well please?

I agree with this fully. There's no way I'm changing my innocent habits for the sake of of a group of people I've never met. If the context doesn't specify, the poster should be smart enough to state a gender (assuming they know about the name change).

In conclusion, if you can't tell who I'm talking about when I say "Green looks good in a short skirt", then the problem is on your end, not mine.

SuperLink

Years
  • if you can't tell who I'm talking about when I say "Green looks good in a short skirt", then the problem is on your end, not mine.
    Unless of course you dig that kinda fanart.

It's not like there's any shortage of it in the anime xD

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • I agree with this fully. There's no way I'm changing my innocent habits for the sake of of a group of people I've never met. If the context doesn't specify, the poster should be smart enough to state a gender (assuming they know about the name change).

In conclusion, if you can't tell who I'm talking about when I say "Green looks good in a short skirt", then the problem is on your end, not mine.

... Yeah. But wait, Green was never in the anime. (Refering to comment by that other guy)

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I call her Green because I'm so used to the Rival being Blue.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I agree with all of the above.

Plus, in possibly the best translations IMO, DragonGuard Scanlations, who only did Volumes 1-6, they kept the Japanese names.

However, I may be changing, due to buying Viz translations, where she's Green :P

But no, even disagreeing with Bulbapedia, she's Blue

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Green, because that's her official English name.

As far as I'm concerned the moment I start calling her Blue I may aswell stop using Brock/Misty/Sabrina and start using Takeshi/Kasumi/Natsumi instead.

And I'm not gonna be doing that. I'm obsessively consistent.
    So even if Blue wins the poll, I'm going to keep calling her Green because as far as I'm concerned that's her name ._.

Agreed with this. So, Green it is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Blue.

I started with the English manga, and seeing Blue as the Male and Green as the Female just... didn't seem right. And then I found out the reason. We all know why they changed it for us English People, but honestly. Blue seems just... more her character than the color Green. And now thanks to the silly switch, how on earth are they going to do that pun Mewtwo says in "Fire Red Leaf Green?" Yeeeeah.

I can go more into detail, but you get the point. I'm calling her Blue, and for more than "because it's her Japanese name"~

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I call her Blue... And that's not because it's her Japanese name.
    Much like mentioned before, "Blue" sounds more feminine than "Green".
    Blue has the Blastoise and has blue eyes. Green has green eyes (that he gets Charizard is irrelevant)

Green is just no name for a female in my head... and that's the main factor. =/

SuperLink

Years
  • Believe me, Green isn't the only occurrence in fiction where the name doesn't suit the gender of the character.

Infact colours as names is weird enough as it is, don't you think?
    I don't get why a colour based name suiting a character is such a big deal when we have extremely girly guys called Sora or Yuri.

Or heck, a guy called Pearl.

That's far more worrying.

Back