• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you Build me a good deck?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2004
    im just returning interest in Pokemon and have been going to a weekly gaming place. and get my butt kicked with my 2 year old deck. I need to be updated.

I would like a steel based or Psychic based deck. If you could please help me. give me a good deck to work for.

I can get just about any card becuase my card shop is practically giving them away. ^_^.

please don't spam this thread. Im serious

Years
  • What format would you like it to be?

If Unlimited...

Pokemon 15

3 Cleffa (Neo G)
    4 Chansey (Base)
    3 Abra
    3 Alakazam (Base)
    2 Unown N

Trainer 30

3 Professor Elm
    4 Copycat
    4 Pokemon Trader
    3 Pokemon Breeder
    4 Pokemon Center
    1 No Removal Gym
    3 Energy Charge
    3 Gust of Wind
    3 Item Finder
    2 Town Volunteers

Energy 15

4 Metal Energy
    4 Double Colorless
    7 Psychic Energy

Unown N reduces Chanseys recoil from double edge to 40 and Metal Energy take care of the rest. Alakazam lets you move the damage counters from Chansey to something else so you won't lose energy pokecentering. Have Fun.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2004
    helping your deck

first of all you need some kadabra.then ad pokeballs to get your alakazam and cleffa out quick.more energy and put energy stadium in too,well thats all i can think of right now.

PKMN_grl

Obsession Hunter
    Years
  • I like Ralts, Kirlias and Gardevoirs. Misdreveses are always good, and Natu and Xatu Discovery is good too. Get a Mewtwo EX, it kicks butt. Espeon Sandstorm is cool too.

Years
  • Ace28 said:
    Unown N reduces Chanseys recoil from double edge to 40 and Metal Energy take care of the rest.

Actually... According to the Pokemon Organized Play Floor Rules and compendium, reprints of cards with newer wordings are the way all older copies should be played (I also beleive Darkness and Metal Energy is specifically listed in the EX: R/S Rulebook... not 100% on this one right now). Because the wording on Metal Energy changed... the Metal/Chansey combo really doesn't work any more...

94/109
    Metal Energy
    Special Energy Card

Damage done by attacks to the Pok?mon that Metal Energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). Ignore this effect if the Pok?mon that Metal Energy is attached to isn?t [m]. Metal Energy provides [m] Energy. (Doesn?t count as a basic Energy card.)

I would also personally suggest Professor Oak over Elm... sure you could be risking discarding some possible valuables, but you don't impair your self by not being able to play any more Trainers that turn. If you already attached an Energy card, after Elming the only thing you can really do is play Pokemon and attack.... Just a thought,

-marril

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2004
    Thank you very much. My psychic deck got stolen so i am going to go for haymaker or water

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    I will not build you a deck. I will only give you pointers on how to make a good deck.

First, decide which Pokemon you want the deck to revolve around. If you want a standard Haymaker, find some Basics with 70 HP or higher, or run Sneasel. Now, find some backup for your main attacker, usually Cleffa and Tyrogue will be enough for that. We'll come back to this later.

Second, find a trainer set that you like and will use often. Your trainer set should include the best cards from each of the following catagories...
    Card Drawing (Oak)
    Searching (Computer Search)
    Healing (Gold Berry, Focus Band)
    Card Recovery (Town Volunteers, Item Finder)
    Board Disruption (GOW, ER, SER)
    Hand Disruption (RSA, Lass)
    Gymbreaker (optional, a standard one is Sprout Tower)
    Once you've got those figured out, balance your trainers according to importance. I believe that the order that I've listed above is generally accepted as best.

Now that you have your Pokemon and Trainers set, time for your energies. I usually count up the number of colored energies that each of my main attackers use, add 1, and use that as my Basic NRG count. If you are using Darkness, Metal, or Colorless, then max out on the specific energy type that you are using (Darkness, Metal, DCE)

By now, you have a deck that is well over 60 cards. Go back and trim out some of your Pokemon, using no more than about 3 of each type, and 2 for each of the Babies. Also, take out some of the trainers that you don't think will be worth your time in terms of their abilities. Finally, if you run out of things to trim from Pokemon and Trainers, take out some Basic Energy (never remove Specials if you are running a Special deck) until you have 60 cards, but always have at least 10 energy cards and at least 8 or 9 Basic Pokemon (which is the basic definition of the InSaNiTy deck). Work with that and repost as soon as you can put together a deck. gl, hf.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • well honestly, you gotta say more than make me a deck

IS your deck gonna be unlimited or modified....if it's modified than that'll be easy, but if your unlimited, than a Haymaker (scyther, buzz, promo mewtwo, ditto, R zappy and the like) or if your water (Paragatr or Raindance).

tell us more grasshopper

BOO ya!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2004
    I would like to be able to just play casually and maybe play in a tournament or 2. I just need you to make it tournament legal, good and strategic. If you list ANY cards. Please also list their discriptions cuz i have no Idea what they do. i only have some commons and uncommons left cuz my rare deck got stolen/lost. I got some rares left. But build me a disruption deck if you can. I do not know enuf about the newer cards to build a good deck. Even a dragon deck would be fun to build.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    d00d, build a deck, post it, then we'll fix it. Use the pointers that I said above.

Back