• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you catch your favorite Pokémon in the Alola region?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Something occurred to me about the QR code feature. Assuming it does only allow your game to generate QR codes for Pokemon that are currently available to you...

I'm just wondering would it be possible for somebody in the postgame to obtain a QR code for say....a Ralts, share it with someone still playing through the story and then they would be able to find Ralts by scanning the QR code even though they haven't reached the postgame yet?

I'm not sure how likely this theory is.....although it would be kinda lame if you scan a QR code and it says you can't find this Pokemon for some arbitrary reason.

I'd really love if it turned out like that actually. It would actually turn the late Europe release into a positive since by the time the 23rd of November comes around there would be QR codes available for all kinds of Pokemon.

Years
    My favorite pokemon is Raichu and he has an Alolan form so I am happy. The rest of the dex is nice but my god are there too many Kanto pokemon. I really wish there was a much wider variety. I think they could have done a much better job. I wish they would have given us five or so Alolan forms per gen. I think that would have been nice and well catered to all fans no matter what gen is there favorite.

Years
    One thing that's neglected is that in most previous versions you've been given the option to capture Pokemon from every region post-game. Why wouldn't that be implemented this time?

Back