• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Can you ev wipe a lv. 100 and then ev train it?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
Years
  • Just wondering. Some sites said yes, others no. Anybody know the truth?

Edit: OH SNAP!!! Sorry!!! This is in the wrong place. X(

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    A) wrong forum, this has nothing to do with trading
    B) No idea :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    well i dont believe you can do it with level 100s, because you cant level up to get the +stat points.

but you can with proteins and stuff, so i guess you can sortoff.

but i dont know

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    You CAN wipe it clean and then get EV's on it again, but since it is level 100, it would do no good. If it was at level 99, it would work. but otherwise, no.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    berries that reduce ev's if you mesed up, or got something like a shiny, perfect natured ev trained latios that was trained in hp and defense, you could use those berries and then RE-ev train in the correct stats.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • It might not work out totally, because if the berries take off 10 points, 252 isn't divisible by 10. But I don't know if, say, you had 4 left, and used an EV reducing berry, if it will let those points go down or not.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Can't remember off the top of my head.. they say "Makes the Pokemon grow friendly, but decreases the base XXX stat." Where XXX is, is what stat it decreases. I'm sure someone will tell you the exact names of the berries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    At level 100 you can't EV train. A pokemon will only get EVs if it gets experience points. Since a level 100 pokemon doesn't get experience points any more, they don't get EV either. So if you're using the EV reducing berries, you have until they level to 100 to get your pokemon just the way you like.

By the way, the EV reducing berries have been around since Emerald. If you have over 100 EV points in a stat, using the appropriate berry will take it down to just 100, every other berry after that will remove 10 ev points. (In other words, 11 is the maximum number of berries needed to reduce a pokemon's EV in a stat.)

Back