• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Can you help my son catch suicune in crystal?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2006
    My 7 year old is trying desperately to catch Suicune. He gets to the point where he can fight him but not catch him. He has a fast ball, 3 ultra balls, and 99 great balls. He tries to use some of his pokemon to catch suicune but he still can't. What can he do to catch suicune? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2006
    I'm actually in my 40's but I'm not comfortable with my son on forums just yet. He's usually here with me when I get a reply or post a thread. I actually don't know that much about Pokemon so I figure he can get help here.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Well, I believe Suicine is easier to capture in Crystal than G/S so from the start he has an easier time.

But the easiest way to capture any Pokemon would be weaken it to as close to zero HP as possible and put it to sleep. So get him to try that and also get him to use the best Poke Balls he has on it just to make it even easier.

adwajr

Bored Trainer... *yawn*...
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Does he have a Master ball. Thats haw I caught mine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2006
    He says he does not have a master ball. How can he get one of those? Apparently he's been looking for a master ball but he can't find one. Thanks

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Well there is usually only one Master Ball in each Pokemon game. Umm...I don't have Crystal Version (I have Silver) so I can't reallt tell you where, but there IS a sort of "cheat" you can use to turn a PokeBall into a MasterBall.

Masterball:
    When you want a pokemon at a really high level then use the masterball cheat. What you do is when you throw a pokeball, hold down A + B on the gameboy and when it starts shaking just hold B. Then in a matter of seconds you will have caught a pokemon.

Yeah um, I didn't believe it at first, but I tried it anyways and sometimes it DOES actually work. >__> He can try that. I mean, what else does he have to lose? lol

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    crispeto said:
    He says he does not have a master ball..
    He doesn't need one, all you need to do is what I said and he should capture it eventually in one sitting. Just get him to chuck Ultra Ball's at it while its weak and asleep and he should catch it with ease.
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    Masterball:
    When you want a pokemon at a really high level then use the masterball cheat. What you do is when you throw a pokeball, hold down A + B on the gameboy and when it starts shaking just hold B. Then in a matter of seconds you will have caught a pokemon.

Yeah um, I didn't believe it at first, but I tried it anyways and sometimes it DOES actually work. >__> He can try that. I mean, what else does he have to lose? lol
    If I recall that doesn't work, its like the thing where you hit A and B back to back when trying to capture a Pokemon so don't tell your son to do that as its a waste of time because if there was something like that you could do we all know about it as it be a major glitch in the games.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    If I recall that doesn't work, its like the thing where you hit A and B back to back when trying to capture a Pokemon so don't tell your son to do that as its a waste of time because if there was something like that you could do we all know about it as it be a major glitch in the games.

Yeah, but, if I recall, it doesn't actually GLITCH the games. I trited it a lot of times, and there have been no glitches for me. |=/ Besides, he can just TRY to see if it works, I mean, it's not like it's 'ZoMG BaD' like the missingno. glitch. God.

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
    Hold on.......We cant catch pokemon for you....We cant really pass it over...Unless we meet or something...Thru a link cable...Which i think is totally impossible..Tell your son to try and try and save before catching

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    The only thing you can really do to catch Suicune is to Mean Look it, inflict it with status, lower its heal, and hope the ball catches it. Fast Balls are generally effective so keep that in mind as well.

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
    Well....

Bring out some high level Water pokemon so SUicune's water type moves will do little damage. The water pokemon should know a non-water type move to inflict damage to Suicune. WHen the Suicune's HP is in the Red Zone, add a status condition, Paralyzing it will work better. AFter you inflict a status condition. throw your sons Ultraballs at the SUicune.

Fate will determine if your son will catch it or not.

hope I helped....

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
    Synchronize...Remember...This is his dad...And the kid is 7...Do you think the 7 year old will understand?

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    the best thing to do is put it to sleep with sleep powder then lower is hp to almost red then try to catch it with ultra balls first, then fast ball, then great balls

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    Just wittle down the HP little by little every time you run into it. When it gets dangerously low on health and you're afraid to kill it, either put it to sleep or start using false swipe. I make it sound easy but it.. er.. actually isnt.

It took forever for me to catch Suicune. I finally lost my patience and used my masterball on it. There is only one Masterball in the game, so if your son already used it then he can't get another one.

@Synchronize: Mean Look/Spiderweb doesn't work because it'll just use roar...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2006
    He did it! Thank you all very much. I wish you could have seen the look on his face when he caught suicune. He pretty much followed all of your advice. Thank you all very much for helping my son. The next time he comes to me for help, I'll know where to look.

Back