• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you Lucid Dream?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Dunno what a Lucid Dream is?
    Lucid dreams give us the ability to control our own dreams and steer them toward the direction we want. In the lucid state, we are more willing to confront threats and as a result, become more self confident. When we achieve lucidity, we can use it as a tool to improve our sports game, to rehearse a speech, to fulfill our fantasies, or to solve a problem in our waking life. In fact, some athletes utilize their lucid dreams to practice their tennis serve, golf stroke or bat swing. Even in our day to day life, we can use lucid dreams to ask the boss for a raise, prepare for a first date, overcome phobias, get over writer's block, etc. The application of lucid dreams is limited only to your imagination. Lucid dreams can help us visualize and rehearse the event in our minds before it actually occurs.

Because brain activity during the dream state is the same as during a real life event, what you "learn" or "practice" in your lucid dream state can be seen as training and preparation for the real thing in the waking world. Our neuronal patterns are already being conditioned.

At least half of all adults have had at least one lucid dream in their lifetime. Many have reported having lucid dreams without even trying. Often flying is associated with lucid dreams. However with practice, lucid dreaming can be learned and can be achieved at your will.
    So, can you Lucid dream? I can, sometimes, most of the time I wake myself up.
    Thanks to www.dreammoods.com.

Years
    Hm, I've never heard of this. It sounds interesting. ^^;

The answer is no. I've never had an expirence like that.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I've had plenty of those dreams before... XD I just figured they were particularly vivid dreams... didn't know they were actually a type of dream!

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Oh, often, mind you. I treat it is a parallel life sometimes; the only time you don't have control is when you finally wake up.

Of course, some people will treat a dream in which 'God talks to them' as a lucid dream considering that it sets the line for them to draw.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I've managed to get into lucidity a couple of times. :) I've never been able to hold it for more than a few seconds though, which was annoying! The first time I did it was the "looking at the watch" method, and the second was when I had a dream that I was in Wembley Stadium and thought to myself "wait a minute...Wembley's been knocked down! I must be dreaming!"

--FG

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    for me i had quite a few, but the strange thing about my dream i have never died in it, i did control one of my dreams b4 but i cant remember what happend lol

Years
    I'v been having some of these dreams. Especially when i am stuck with something and can't come further, then i (very rarely) dream about it, and i come up with an idea in the dream. Sometimes it has actually worked to do as i did in the dream, i just had to write it down, so i could remember it a couple of hours, writing down your dreams is fun, you should try xD

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Latley (the past few years) I have been able to do this in nearly all of my dreams... I think it is possible to die in your dreams as well, but if you can control your dreams, then you can wake yourself up if your about to die...right? Not to many people want to die.

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
    Years
    I've had those before. And I wake myself up usually at the end. It's kind of creepy because it doesn't seem any different than being awake.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I love lucid dreams. They're a nice way to evade reality. ;D

I've been getting fewer each year, though, which is a pity; I absolutely love dreaming about whatever I want. @_@

Chase Leader

Years
    Youn know what spawns lucid dreams, creativity...the more you stretch your mind, the more you take time and think about life and everything and nothing...the more lucid dreams you'll have...trust me.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Sometimes I can...There are certain dreams where I controll what I am doing...but there are other dreams where I cannot :|

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Oddly enough, though I consider myself to be fairly creative, I very rarely have lucid dreams.

...On the other hand, I'm very rarely in my own dreams to begin with. In other words, I often "see" my dreams either from a narrator's/unseen bystander's point of view or playing as someone else. It's usually the latter when I realize I'm dreaming (although when I'm actually in my own dreams, I don't). It's fairly hard to explain.

Chase Leader

Years
    I think thats cool, right now I am having some of the most realistic dreams of my life...but remember that everything you dream is some how connected to what you did or saw or felt in your waking self. Knowing that should help a little... I wish I had narrative dreams... but I like the dreams I have...so yeah.

The first time my friend told my that if you die in your dreams you die in real life...I was scared to sleep...It wasn't till later in my life that I relized that I wouldn't allow myself to die...and for a short-while my dreams became my excape goat from reality...Now it all seems like it is one giant reality...(my waking self and my dreaming self anyways.)

Years
    I think I might have had a dream like that

I was dreaming about pokemon, and they were real and I saw this kid I knew and he had pokeballs around his belt and I looked down at my belt and saw I had pokeballs on my belt, so i went over to this kid but stopped cause I wanted to... then I woke up ¬¬;

shame it ended I wanted to have a pokemon battle XD

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I did this once and it was pretty cool, nothing bad happened, I was not happy in a situation and I though (I was still consious, not completely asleep but almost) and I decided how the dream was giong to end and it ended that way^^

Back