• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

can you name every pokémon?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I always assume that anyone who has played the games for a few years would be able to, but there are always one or two pokemon that some people just never have heard of such as event pokemon. I also have seen a few people who have never seen the USUM exclusive ultra beasts, which makes sense: they've only appeared in 1 set of games that were not as popular.

Personally, I can. I would also like to know form names off by heart, but I don't remember all of the Vivillon and Furfrou form names.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I probably would, yes, if shown a picture, anyway. Would I be able to spell all 890 Pokemon's names correctly, though? Absolutely not. There's some I can't even remember the spelling of due to how long and complicated some are.

Years
    yeah im... mostly positive that i can. im familiar with most generations. i think the ones that i'd have the most trouble with are like gen 7 pokemon because i barely used any of them in sm/usum. u.u

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I'm pretty confident I can remember their names and types. Dex numbers and egg groups are another story, though...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I can certainly put a name to just about every Pokémon I see! Gen 8 might be an exception though, since I haven't bothered to memorise them yet. Oops!

We need a Poké Rap that spans across every Gen. xD

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    There are still a few SWSH names that haven't stuck yet. I also have a lot of trouble remembering Heliolisk, the Kommo-o line, and sometimes want to call Scolipede "Scoliopede" and Stakataka "Stakalaka." EDIT: And Klinklang "Klingklang."

Bonus: I think I could nail the spelling of everything else.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Up to Gen 7, yeah, every Pokemon, along with the spellings. Oh, not the egg groups and Dex number, though! When it comes to gen 8, I tend to forget, not only because I don't have the Visa to Galar, but also because I'm not playing in the Gen 8 format in Showdown to get used to them :P

Years
    Gen 1 to 5 - yes and flawlessly
    Gen 6 - only know most of them from romhacks so it's a bit iffy
    Gen 7 - same but even worse
    Gen 8 - I know the 3 starters and Wooloo off the top of my head, at the very least

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/wartjr2373/all_pokemon_quiz_gen_8 I found a quiz where you can test yourself to name all the Pokemon.

You don't have to press "play quiz", though! That's just for code numbers.
    I was able to do it... but there were some Pokemon I didn't know how to spell properly and had to Google. :x
    My biggest spelling failure was Aurorous which I remember as Amarous by accident.

Have fun if you actually play the game with the codes, though. Because... that's timed.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The last gen where I could name all the Pokemon was gen 4, lol. I... knew all the Pokemon in gen 5, but in two languages and I never consolidated. And... after gen 5, you can legit show me some Pokemon and I'll straight up say "that's a fakemon". :rowlyikes:

Years
    The last gen where I could name all the Pokemon was gen 4, lol. I... knew all the Pokemon in gen 5, but in two languages and I never consolidated. And... after gen 5, you can legit show me some Pokemon and I'll straight up say "that's a fakemon". :rowlyikes:

can you name every pokémon?

fakemon or real

Years
    I presume I'd be able to do so, yes. I've been a fan for over a decade and I think I know my pokemon very well.

K1K1-333

VIRTUAL ENTITY ✧
    Years
    i could probably name every pokemon given a picture except for some gen 6 pokemon. i never cared for X and Y that much, so there's probably a couple i don't remember? even though i've seen them before. also, probably some gen 5 pokemon, not because i didn't love gen 5, but because a lot of the time period i played gen 5 is wiped from my memory. rip.
    i can also list all the original 151 pokemon off the top of my head without pictures, not in pokedex order, but still. it's only because i've played pokemon leaf green so many times over the course of my life, that i can walk through the whole game in my head. for instance, on the first route above pallet town, rattatas and pidgeys spawn so i could write down both their evo lines. i didn't realize i could do this until someone asked me to do it lol

Back