• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you REALLY "Catch Them All?"

Pokégirl1

Pokégirl
Years
  • Is it really possible to have every single Pokemonand transfer them to just one of the games. I would love to have all of them in my Pokemon Diamond game but do I have to play every Pokemon game,like Ranger,sapp,leaf green,fire red? Then just transfer them all? Thanks for any help and tips! They are greatly appreciated! I would really like to use this thread to talk to other people who have this same goal as I do and how mayny Pokemon you have and which games you can't live without owning!

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    well, I have 491 pokemon and only need arceaus and shaymin

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    I transfer them from other games and got the ones I on't have here on this website

Last edited:

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    all you do is make a thread or go to a trhaed and make deals with other people

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I have a Celebii... and all the other events exept Darkrai and Arceus (I got Shaymin because this one kid at the Manaphy event had an AR)

I got them from trades, exept my Manaphy which I drove over a mountain through 2 counties for an hour to get =3

Odd thing is, I STILL Need Groundon, all three dogs, Mewtwo, The birds, the Lati-twins, The Regiis (all four) Giratina and Azelf... ALL of wich I can get in the games I have...

The Regiis will be the hardest, seeing as Relincath only has a 2% encounter rate... >.<

My Pokedex:

(got)/(seen)/(out of a total of...)
    365/402/493

I still have a ways to go...

I have all the Daimond exclusives on my Pearl, and I only traded for a couple of them)
    Luckily I got Sapphire, which had the older Daimond exclusives... if I had worked for it a bit harder, I could've also gotten Murkrow (and Suicine) of FR... but oh well.

but no, it's impossible to "Catch 'Em All" without trading/another game.
    for D/P, you'd need all the GBA Games (Main RPG) to get 'em all.
    of course, that excludes the event legends... I got 'em all though, I just need to wait for Darkrai and Arceus...

Back in Emerald, if I did have 2 GBAs, I'd have all exept Zangoose... who now, I'd be able to get of my friend, so I'd have 'em all... in the Hoenn Pokedex.

Cid

Years
  • You can't catch 'em all... Literally... Since you can only obtain version/generation exclusive Pokemon through trade... Maybe you can trade 'em all? Since you can't catch a Pokemon outside of the region anyway... (you don't catch Pokemon when you trade them)

Pokégirl1

Pokégirl
    Years
  • But how are you all trading,you are doing it through wifi connection am I correct? If there is another way please explain,thanks!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    They dropped that line near the end of the second gen. Good thing, I always thought "gotta catch 'em all" sounded really tacky. Also, that catchphrase or any variation of it never existed in Japan.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Through years of countless hours of staring at tiny game screens, I have collected all the Pokemon legitimately, including my Darkrai which is Eigakan ( Japanese Movie Event ).

All I need is Shaymin and Arcues :/

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This seems more suitable for the D/P forum so I'll move it there for you.

shadowking93

UnStupid
    Years
  • not to be mean, but no. you really can't unless you use cheats or go to Japan. i cheated to get them(sorry all of you non cheaters) in my view, not really. johto are impossible to get(they're my favorites though:() cheats are the best way, im willing to give away any pokemon at any level and you non-cheaters can get a full pokedex. pm me with a list of any pokemon you want to anybody who reads this!(im not advertising)

meee its all about meeee

Is Currently In Outer Space
    Years
  • no i havent caught them all yet but plan on by the next pokemon installment hopefully i missin only celebi which by the second installment i will probaly have 2 dialga's and palki's which i will offe one of the two for a celebi or just trade a mew when i get two
    p.s. if anybody wants a deoxys for celebi i can do that i have 5 or 6 deoxy's ;)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    I used AR to get the legends, but all others i got fairly, i am 1337 like that

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • you can't really catch them all. it's more like trade them all. i got most of them by myself and traded for the rest. now all i have to do is wait for the last two to be released.

riamu589

Trigonometry
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2008
    I used an Action Replay to get Shaymin, Arceus, and Darkrai, but every single other pokemon I got was by events or catching them normally.

Back