• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

can you see yourself playing the games in 20 years?

pkmin3033

Probably. Like many people I value consistency and long to hold on to my childhood, and if there is one thing that will probably never change, it's Pokemon. Assuming I'm still alive in 20 years, I will probably still be buying the games, playing them, and then complaining about them on internet forums. xD

Years
  • Probably. Like many people I value consistency and long to hold onto my childhood, and if there is one thing that will probably never change, it's Pokemon. Assuming I'm still alive in 20 years, I will probably still be buying the games, playing them, and then complaining about them on internet forums. xD

what if lucario replaced pikachu as the mascot

would you still play it

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm, maybe? I don't like to think about the future all that much, but I'd like to think I'll be playing Pokemon in 2040 still.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • On one hand, my interest in Pokemon has been waning and I find other games much more enjoyable but I still like going back to the older games so there's that if I'm tired of the more recent games. So, it's definitely possible I'll still play it in 20 years.

Years
  • I don't think I see myself playing any video games in 20 years but I do see myself still loving my favorite childhood games. Pokemon would be one of my favorite childhood games I would like to look back on and yes, I would still be a fan of my favorite childhood games even if I don't play anymore.

Years
  • what if lucario replaced pikachu as the mascot
    Yes officer, this post right here.

Anyway, I think I'll play them, but not so much as I do now. I'm not sure if I'll be buying new games, since I loathe both LGPE and SwSh and I don't see GF ever getting better.

Years
  • Gosh I can only imagine the games getting even more watered down in the future. It probably won't be long till we're facing a Champion with a Lv40-45 team, with non-final evo Pokemon in the roster. Yikes.

I'lll still be a fan of the possibly fan games or discussions about Pokemon in general, but perhaps I may stray away from the game themselves come my 40s. Unless I become a gamer / streamer dad. Who knows?

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree as others have said:

I don't wanna see what GF would be able to do to the games with another 20 years lmao...that is honestly a horrible horrible insane thought full of so much bad.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh most definitely. I do plan to teach my kid the wonders of Pokemon, because it was part of my life and also my boyfriend's. So that is one thing I would love to do once I have my first kid. And we're gonna start old school, too...starting with R/B/Y and so on.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Depends upon what Game Freak has in store for us. My interest isn't exactly waning, but nothing is keeping me occupied with respect to Pokemon, except PC and the Omega Ruby nuzlocke.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Not sure, I can't really get into any of the main series games right now, but I might just need a break from them for a while before I regain my interest. I'm still playing the spin-offs though, enjoying them more than the main series right now.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If I am, it'll be the same games I already have. Since Black 2 and the last Xbox360 Assassin's Creed I've only bought Football Manager. I seem to now get into Pokémon about every 3 years or so.
    The only thing that would stop me is if, when we're all eventually allowed out of the house again, I couldn't replace the internal battery I my beloved Emerald.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Possibly yes.

I would say granted the franchise would last that long, but I'm extremely and most certainly certain that it will last forever.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • Gosh I can only imagine the games getting even more watered down in the future

I'll be playing as long as GF presents the opportunity for my to catch more Pokemon! Somewhere along the years I stopped being able to recognize all Pokemon, so I have a feeling in 20 years when there are 2,000 Pokemon I'll just focus on a few I like from each generation otherwise "knowing Pokemon" is going to be overwhelming.

Years
  • Reluctantly, yes. I mean, if I were honest with myself I wouldn't have played the last two games.

I've practically stalled with the purchases, something I've never done with a pokemon game. Every release I'm buying later and later which honestly scares me, lol.

It's hard to break the habit of a game i've been playing since 99', especially when I dwell on the nostalgic feeling it gives me. I'm still hoping that initial love and excitement returns but the games continue to push forward in a direction that's not catering to my individual desire.

:( I already lost yu-gi-oh to the new aged nuances now pokmen will probably inherit the same fate.

Oh well,
    Such is life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yes, with some interruptions.
    At some periods in your life you just prefer to do other things, and then something makes you go back.

And even if all new games were to be garbage forever, there's just an infinite wealth of ever-so polished romhacks.

Back