• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you swim?

Years
    Oddly enough, I didn't learn to swim until I was 16, and even then, it took me a few weeks to even get used to it.

Years
    I took swimming lessons for 3 years from the ages 6-9. I think I'm a pretty good swimmer, even though I don't go swimming that often. I have fun when I do, though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    I learned to swim in a local river when I was around 14. Occasionally hitting my toe over a rock or seeing an aquatic snake swim by didn't bother me much in my teens, but I greatly prefer pools now.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    we locked that down as young as possible bc why not
    can't remember not being able to swim, i used to do competitions as a kid but i'm more akin to a whale shark now than the sleek otter of my youth

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yep, learned when I was around 6 and that was considered pretty late. Everybody here learned to swim as a kid, in special swimming schools during summer or sometimes also during the cold year indoors. I did both, for fun! We were a little fun squad swimming around in the summer sun.

I hate diving though; I have a serious fear of deep water. Or shallow water. The bottom of lakes. Undersides of boats. Basically of anything that has been underwater.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    I actually decided to properly learn how to swim last year after watching the infamous swimming anime just because I had nothing to do and I needed exercise. Managed to learn three of the four main strokes (front crawl, back, breast). Before this, I could float, doggy paddle, random paddle, and dive; things that regular people count as swimming I guess. I used to go swimming when I was a kid and taught myself to go on (and dived into) the deep end all the way back when I was 9 years old. Had an instructor too back when I was younger but he was never able to get me off the floaties for some reason.

Years
    I passed the Navy qualifying swim test, so I think I pass for 'yes I can swim'. I can retrieve my gear, blow bubbles, turn my pockets inside out, take off my boots, dive, etc. I failed level two though. But I was elbowed in the face. They sent us out in the double digits so it was bound to happen to somebody. I laughed at the panicky ones, though. Wrong, but funny. The look of sheer terror. I guess that's not fair though, some people really are afraid of swimming, just like I live in constant fear of a cockroach climbing into my food when I'm not looking. It's never happened, but it could, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    I can swim. Not amazingly, but well enough...

I have an uncle who is the captain of a ship and has worked on boats his whole life, but he can't swim... Always found that strange haha

Back