• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can your level 100 starter beat the E4 by itself?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Water Pokmon? The Elite 4 in Emerald dosen't have a water pokemon trainer... But in R/S they do, Wallace...

Wallace is the Elite Four Champion in Emerald.

Yees, my next door gave me his game to borrow (Yellow) and I kicked ass with a Lvl 100 Pikachu... heh
    Cant remember the moveset....

My Emerald Game, My Swampert is too weak to fight alone, but my Lvl. 60 Flygon with Fireblast, Fly, Earthquake and Crunch can get pretty far without fainting...

But with a lot of Revives, a back-up (to do the revives) Potions and such >_<
    A Lv55 Swampert, with the correct moveset, can defeat the Weak5 in Emerald by itself. Using a Lv100 Poke in the Weak5 is LOL since the highest level is Lv54, iirc.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    eh too true, im thinking Steven...
    -slapps head- Im thinking ruby sapphire...
    okay, scratch that... what that other guy said...
    and ima chick, not a dude
    mehe, but i dont care

Years
    eh too true, im thinking Steven...
    -slapps head- Im thinking ruby sapphire...
    okay, scratch that... what that other guy said...
    and ima chick, not a dude
    mehe, but i dont care

heheh.. I dont realli like the work 'chick' so... HAHAHAHAHAHH!! Ur A CHICKEN!! Found a Rooster Yet? [/lamepun]

oh, and e4 stands for Elite Four

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Which is actually the Weak Five (W5), since all five trainers are pathetically weak so a 6-year old can beat them.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I beated the Elite Four with Blastoise lvl 71 and a lvl 56 Zapdos.

I taught Blastoise really good moves though...

Years
    Umm, to beat e4, u dont need good moves = =... look at me! first try, no saves, charizard with full PP uped FT and Normal Fly Killed it all, and it was lvl 78!! see, only7 levels above u, but if u count the zapdos, thats only 1 trained lvl above u, and it was one pokemon that beat it with Fly and FT!!
    I did have recruiters incase it died... BUT IT DIDNT!!! it got down to the low 100's thou!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2007
    My Mew can beat the pkmn league and not faint once its moves are dragon claw , thunderbolt , surf and psychic and its got 409 hp (the only reason i mentioned it was coz i changed LG starters)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Well, back when I didn't have Emerald, my Mewtwo was capable of getting to Lance but it started struggling then. If I hadn't sold every PP recovery item...

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    It isn't about the moves, it's about what Pokémon has the moves. <.< Of course, let's say, a Smeargle with Rapid Spin, Rest, Earthquake and Rock Slide/Counter/whatever won't do anything to anything, but a Donphan with the same moves rocks my (And your) socks. And the fact that an abysmally slow Pokémon like Camerupt can rip through a whole team is a clear sign that your friend knows absolutely nothing about what he/she is doing. ._. And if a team doesn't have anything capable of walling a Camerupt, it really needs some better walls. I have been battling competitively for over a year now, and unlike you, I at least have some idea of what I'm talking about and can easily tell if someone is better than me, which you obviously can't.

Competitive battling isn't about whether or not all out offense or all out defense suits you, it's about having a balanced team with both Pokémon that can take heavy damage and Pokémon that can deal heavy damage. Now have a nice day.

Although I am a very offensive person (the opponent can't use its buffer-type move if it's dead. Duh. -.- [and by offensive I mean 'attacker-type']), I agree with this statement. If you have a pokemon that is not a camerupt that is slower than a camerupt, either your game is glitched or you or your team suck. If your whole team is slower, you should just go hang yourself now and spare yourself the shame.

I feel that speed is a very important stat, along with attack. If your speed is high, you can strike quickly and knock out the opponent quickly. Unless you like to toy with them, which is what I enjoy on rainy days. ^o^

My venusaur on FR is my team's tank. It smashes through the opponents main walls and allows me to pick them off at my leisure (very handy in link battles, where the opponent often switches out). Good fun, very good fun. <33

Dude, I have to use my whole team to beat the Elite4 !
    Blastoise
    Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltress
    MewTwo

Legendary hoe. >_>

In Gold version I had a Lvl. 70 Poliwrath that could bull through the first three and then started fo fall apart against Lance.

Can poliwrath use thunder punch ..? If so, with ice beam/ice punch and thunder punch, it should be a cinch. O_o Was it a PP problem?

my mewtwo alakazam charizard umbreon lapras and nidoking can al beat it on their own

But if they're all in a team like that then they're not really on their own, are they?

Go, go Cut!

LOL. XDD Cut pwns so much it's just not funny.

Water Pokmon? The Elite 4 in Emerald dosen't have a water pokemon trainer... But in R/S they do, Wallace...

You got it mixed up. R/S is the original, and Steven (rock/steel) is the champion. Wallace is the chapion in Emerald.

WHAT A RIP! YOU MADE IT TOO EASY, NINTENDO! BRING BACK STEVEN AND BOOST THAT METAGROSS' LEVEL! <333

sry but... what's e4....i am like newbie here ><

... Don't even go there. Just ... don't. -.-

how is a blastoise like that "completely useless"? if he were a kingdra, and were typed half dragon, then surf and ice beam would be perfectly fitting, right? he would then be an overused poke in the world of NetBattle, right? it dawns on me how so many net battlers jump to so many conclusions. i'm not saying that you're wrong though, i just beleive it's unrealistic to think that people are as invested in battling as you may be. i certaintly am not.

A) Because that's the way the blastoises roll. Blastoise is ugly, sucks, and will continue to suck throughout its career on your team. Even though it has decent stats and has a good movepool ... .-.;

B) STAB, mate. Just STAB.

C) Your 'i' should be a capital ... x_x -ftw-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    hey whatever happened to team effort?!?!

seriously though I have never tried to accomplish this feat but I will attempt and I'll let you know. Mewtwo has probably been done and is probably the general consensus, so Im going to go out on a limb here and choose you Pikachu! No not really I just wanted to say that, but I am going to try it with my lvl. 100 Kingdra. Kingdra's only weakness is Dragon, and of course as we all already know Dragon is weak to Dragon, so my only weakness is essentially at the same time my strength. Now all I need is about 100 Full Restores and im good to go! :cool:

Back