• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canada Elections 2015

Which party did you vote for?

• Conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Democratic Party of Canada

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Liberal

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Bloc Quebecois

• Green party of Canada

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    So today canadians around Canada(where else) got the privilege to vote for the next Prime Minister.

Who did you vote for? And why?

Years
    Liberals - the Conservatives have to go. Not a fan of this government's lack of transparency, incompetent foreign policy, and divisive politics aimed at shoring up their base at the expense of national unity. Also, the dependence on oil which was encouraged under their watch led us to a low Canadian dollar. I should not have to pay $80 for Fallout 4 when it's 1/3 more expensive in dollar value than it is in the United States. Thanks, Harper!

Last edited:

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    Liberals - the Conservatives have to go. Not a fan of this government's lack of transparency, incompetent foreign policy, and divisive politics aimed at shoring up their base at the expense of national unity. Also, the dependence on oil which was encouraged under their watch led us to a low Canadian dollar. I should not have to pay $80 for Fallout 4 when it's 1/3 more expensive in dollar value than it is in the United States. Thanks, Harper!

For once I've completely agreed with Kanzler.

Absolutely exhausted of the Harper government. Bill C-51 is worrying to say the least, Bill C-24's entire core idea is unconstitutional, and frankly I've already decided if Harper wins the election (Minority or no) I'm moving to another country :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I voted Liberal. I kind of wish I could have voted NDP because I do prefer the NDP candidate in my riding over the Liberal one but I didn't think she had as much of a chance sooo first past the post dictated I should vote Liberal instead. I don't mind too much though because on a national level, my values match up more with the Liberals than the NDP.

Honestly, so long as we ditch Harper, I'll be content.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    When Stephen Harper became Prime Minister, we never moved forward as a country, we always went backwards. He also made the dollar's worth at an all time low if my informations are correct.

Today I seriously think we are going to see a new Prime Minister. I'm hoping It's Trudeau.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I've been raised to not talk about whom I voted for. But I'll def' agree with everyone here: Harper needs to go. So it's safe to say I did not vote for him.

I'm also proud to say that I decided to vote this time, too. :3

Cherrim

Years
    They're still just counting votes so it's possible/probable some of these could change but dang, the current map is pretty cool to look at. I've never seen the country start out so monochromatic, haha.
    Canada Elections 2015

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I voted Liberal. I kind of wish I could have voted NDP because I do prefer the NDP candidate in my riding over the Liberal one but I didn't think she had as much of a chance sooo first past the post dictated I should vote Liberal instead. I don't mind too much though because on a national level, my values match up more with the Liberals than the NDP.

Honestly, so long as we ditch Harper, I'll be content.

My text will probably look like that 95%.

NPD or Liberal, don't really mind, if it is not Harper! :)

Would love to see NPD in my hometown, but I knew he didn't had much chances. He's in his 20s, would have love to see someone young.

I have to say, I never saw that much young adult voting.

Cherrim

Years
    CBC just projected a Liberal majority.

Good riddance Stephen Harper.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Like François Perusse said (Humorist in Québec), Trudeau might found some of his old Lego under a couch in the 24 Sussex.

Years
    Now that the election has been called and pretty much confirmed, I have some sober second thoughts about the whole deal.

The Liberals currently have 42% of the popular vote and would likely retain that kind of lead up to when all the ballots have been counted. The Conservatives, however, have 31% of the popular vote which is consistent with how they have been polling for the weeks up to the election.

What these numbers tell me is that the Liberals won because the Canadians who wanted Harper out ultimately decided that Trudeau was the horse to back. It's possible that their performance this election won't endure for future elections. It also tells me that there is a conservative core base who will continue to back the Conservatives through thick and thin. Any party having a core base of 30% of the total vote is unsettling to me. I would prefer that a large majority of the Canadian voting base constitute the moderate middle. I think this goes to show that Harper has been successful in his attempts to "conservatize", and consequently polarize our country. I don't think that's what most of us would want of Canada.

I hope the Conservative party will be forced to look at the policies and the leader it supports, and think about how it can recapture the imaginations of all Canadians. There is definitely a place for a conservative, big-tent party that can more or less equally appeal to a majority of Canadians in our politics.

Years
    Harper has been the leader of the reunited Conservative Party from the very beginning, though. Only time will tell how deep of an impression he made in the party and how easily the party can readjust to a new vision and a new identity.

Cherrim

Years
    Alright, now that I'm calming down (and suitably tipsy from celebratory drinking), I'm still happy about everything but...!

I was kinda hoping for either a close-to-majority minority for the liberals or just scraping by with a majority. I'm worried that since they won by such a wide margin, they'll forget their electoral reform promises. We've really got to get rid of FPTP/plurality and I'm going to be very disappointed if this doesn't happen. I don't ever, ever want to have to worry about "wasting" my votes by voting for the party I prefer. The whole idea of strategic voting is ridiculous and it would be really nice for it never to be a thing again.

Enjoying the emphasis on "you don't have to appeal to fear to win" in Trudeau's victory speech, though. :')

Years
    Congrats on booting out Harper.

Was kinda interesting seeing all of Winnipeg all red instead of being mostly orange. Though I guess there is the traditional urban/rural split in the prairies.

Anyway Harper's excesses was kept in check when he had a minority government until 2011. Then things got really dicey once he had the Majority. .-.

Back