• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Cannot make rival move based off of conditional branching in Pokémon Essentials

Days
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    I am trying to set up my own 'pick your starter' situation where the rival picks the starter with the type advantage over yours, but I cannot get him to move to the table to simulate picking up a pokemon. I tried going to the demo lab but I cannot find the event anywhere in the map. Maybe I am just having trouble with the triggers, and It could also be when the player picks a starter it is not registering the variable. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Days
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Hi, for the lab part, for each pokeball containing a starter, you need to define a route for the rival just after the player pick a starter. Here is how it work for bulbasaur : on page 2, just after the script pbAddPokemon, insert a new route that look like this : Turn down, Move Forward(3 times), Turn Right, Move Forward(5times),Turn Up, 1 Move Forward. Don't forget on the route to say that is is the event call Rival which need to move. I am assuming that the rival is just on the left of professor Oak. Then Add a Wait For Move's Completion. You need to make this for all starter, changing the route each time. I hope this helped.

Back