• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Can't ever find anyone for max raid battles in the Wild Area

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
  • It seems as if every single time I try to get three other actual humans to run a max raid with me by clicking on the glowing dens with laser beams, I'm waiting there the full three minutes or whatever and nobody joins. I do see people posting messages on Y-Comm saying they're starting one, but there's no quick way to join, which kinda blows. So far, I find the Y-Comm to be a bit of a joke. Why would you have all of these announcements that you just can't interact with?

Am I missing something, or do I have bad luck? Is there an easier way to go about this?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Y-Comm sucks for me too. Isn't there a discord or something for quick and easy groups?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It seems as if every single time I try to get three other actual humans to run a max raid with me by clicking on the glowing dens with laser beams, I'm waiting there the full three minutes or whatever and nobody joins. I do see people posting messages on Y-Comm saying they're starting one, but there's no quick way to join, which kinda blows. So far, I find the Y-Comm to be a bit of a joke. Why would you have all of these announcements that you just can't interact with?

Am I missing something, or do I have bad luck? Is there an easier way to go about this?

Y-Comm sucks for me too. Isn't there a discord or something for quick and easy groups?
    Yeah, it stinks. We've just put together a Daily article about it: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2019/11/18/quick-guide-to-max-raid-battles/ And we have a forum section and discord channel on our server for organising raids! See bottom of article for links.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Yeah, it stinks. We've just put together a Daily article about it: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2019/11/18/quick-guide-to-max-raid-battles/ And we have a forum section and discord channel on our server for organising raids! See bottom of article for links.

It's just a huge mess. Sometimes, there are three or four people standing outside a raid hole looking for players. They'll say "if only someone would join me in Y-Comm!" and no one is even there. Hopefully this gets better with time, because this entire area is a bust in my eyes.

Years
  • It's been a mixed bag for me. Most times I usually get 1 or 2 people joining me when I do a 5 star run. Then other times no one joins at all. It kinda sucks that it's not more consistent because this really is a cool feature

Years
  • I finally have working WiFi, so I'm going to mess around in raids tonight and see how things go. Maybe luck will be a bit better for higher-tier raids rather than the 1 and 2 star ones I keep seeing... ): But otherwise, yeah, my luck's been about the same as everyone else here. I'll check in the discord channel next time I need help.

Years
  • What does have a paid account mean is that what Switch Online is? Nevermind yes that's what it is. Just get it and join everyone else whose playing online to me if you've bought these games there isn't any reason you shouldn't have that.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have been doing fine with Surprise Trades, after I learned that you had to connect to the internet manually within the game after hitting Y.

However, raids, I think most people just solo because you don't have to compete against others to catch a pokemon. Only 1 trainer can Dynamax a battle, I think, and only one trainer can catch the pokemon. So, people avoid the competition and solo it because the computer players don't do anything but aid you.

Years
  • "I have been doing fine with Surprise Trades, after I learned that you had to connect to the internet manually within the game after hitting Y.

However, raids, I think most people just solo because you don't have to compete against others to catch a pokemon. Only 1 trainer can Dynamax a battle, I think, and only one trainer can catch the pokemon. So, people avoid the competition and solo it because the computer players don't do anything but aid you."

My problem so far with that has been that the computer Pokemon die too fast. They either bring in a low level Pokemon or one that's weak to the target type. Many of the 5 star Raids have thus far been impossible for me to catch because of that.

Back