• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't get music illegally anymore...(Please Read)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Okay, I found this article about getting music illegally. You can't do it anymore because then your ISP will slow down your connection or cut your connection all together. Yeah the RIAA, stops the lawsuits and they want to do this instead. So yeah can't download anything illegally anymore. Got to go back buying music CDs or buy the music legally from iTunes or Amazon or something. If you use a P2P to get your music, your ISP will maybe put the charge in your next cable/internet bill. And I use a P2P to get some music. So...this isn't good for me. So I got to stop that. Well here is the article and tell me what you guys think.

https://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/31678

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is this like... some joke?

Hopefully... not for Australia? XD;

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't download music illegally anyway. However, my sister does. >.<"

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nope it isn't a joke Nica. I think they are serious this time. I think you guys are safe though. But not in the US. >_>; I think your sister is safe Eon. I think it is only for the United States. But it might happen around the world, so stay tuned. You better tell your sister to be careful. She might get a letter.

Man you are lucky Erica.

I don't know what to do. This will be effect sometime next year, I think. Oh well, looks like I got to purchase my music online now. And go back to buying music CDs...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think this is happening in the UK, isn't it?

Years
    It's a scare tactic. Besides, downloading music illegally will never go away. IF this happens, people will find new and creative ways to get music they want.

Also Internet providers will lose money every time they cut a person's connection and they can't get on? They might lose that customer to another rival. It all comes down to one thing: MONEY!!!!!!

I looked at the article and read the comments there. And I agree with them. The RIAA does something like this every year around this time to scare people. Check the comments and read them. You'll be a bit surprised.

So, I say this to the RIAA: I like to see you try!! Plus, why don't you lower the prices for CDs that only have 1 or 2 good songs on them when the rest is just crap? I'm not going to pay $20 for a CD with 2 good songs on them!!

In closing, let me sum this up in one phrase:

IT'S JUST A SCARE TACTIC!!!!!!!

Thank you. *walks off*

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hmm, I don't think so Jorah. I really don't know how it will effect the whole world. It might though. I know it will effect in the US the most though.

Now convert YouTube videos in MP3s is alright, Clair. It is only if you download the music. So maybe getting anime music will be affected. I really don't know.

A scare tactic huh? So they been doing this? I don't know, it seems they are serious this time. At least they are not suing anyone anymore. Hmm, you got a point there. They will go to a rival ISP if this one cut out their Internet. And they want the money from the people. I hope they are trying to scare us. I really don't want my Internet cut off. Or have to pay an extra $10 a month just because I downloaded a few songs.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    My ISP hasn't done anything to my connection and I'm downloading films, TV and music daily.

Mario's right.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hmmm, yeah I been downloading my music just fine. My internet connection isn't slowing down. I guess it was a scare tactic. Thank goodness...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Thank gawsh it hasn't happened in Australia.. Yet.
    I don't know what'd happen if I lost my P2P.
    -Hugs Limewire-

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I don't think you have nothing to worry about. It was only a scare tactic. If it was real, I stop downloading completely.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    They were about to pass a law here of something very similar to that allowing ISPs to terminate people's internet until proven innocent. Sounds like a complete scare tactic in that article though, since they can't really track everyone who's downloading without a giant cost to the ISP which wouldn't be worth it for them, especially in the current recession.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Wow great point! Yeah they will need to track everyone, and they won't be able to do that.

Back