• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Can't have 2 DNA spliced Kyurems?

xaviersykora77

The one guy who builds computers and plays guitar.
Years
  • Hey, so I was Poke-Transfering some pokemon from my black/white 2 today and I found something kinda odd. I got the DNA splicer from the lady and used it with one of my Kyurems and my Zekrom, then I attempted to use it once again with my other Kyurem and my Reshiram and it keeps telling me it wont have any effect. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    -Xavier

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Black 2, White 2, X and Y are programmed to only allow 1 Black Kyurem or 1 White Kyurem in the cartridge at a time. If you want White Kyurem, you'll have to de-fuse Zekrom from Kyurem first.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Thanks!
    Makes sense, they are pretty OP Pokemon xD.
    If I remember correctly, the fused Reshiram/Zekrom is stored directly in the save file in B2/W2. This makes it so you can only have 1 fused Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom because there's only enough space for 1 Reshiram/Zekrom. It's probably the same way in X/Y.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, the fused Reshiram/Zekrom is stored directly in the save file in B2/W2. This makes it so you can only have 1 fused Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom because there's only enough space for 1 Reshiram/Zekrom. It's probably the same way in X/Y.

But less than legitimate methods allowed multiples black / white kyurem in previous games, not sure if they could be unfused or not though?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Agreed, unless you hack you can only hack 1 Black or White Kyurem. I would have both, then transfer one to each game. :p

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • Another reason is that both black and white kyruem are pretty uber, they have enormous base stats, so having them both on your team can really be OP, especially for competitive battling

Back