• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't Leave Home Without My Trusty Sidekick!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Can't Leave Home Without My Trusty Sidekick!

In many video games, the protagonist of the story is usually accompanied by an accomplice or side kick who may help them on their journey to fulfill their in-game purpose. Over the last few decades we've had a slew of different sidekicks ranging from Midna from Twilight Princess, Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion, Claptrap from Borderlands (although he would argue that you are his sidekick), Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie, Argo from Shadows of the Colossus, and much, much more! Who are your personal favorite sidekicks when it comes to the games you love to play and why?

One of my personal favorites has always been Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I think she brings a lot of personality to the game and I love seeing how she interacts with the world around her, as well as to the decisions you make in the game. It's really fascinating to see how she develops as a person to the world unfolding around her, plus I mean come on she's pretty hot.

Discuss!

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well I haven't played many games where you take a sidekick, but I'm going to say Cicero is a sidekick. He doesn't have that bad skills and his little speech things aren't annoying so long as you only listen to them a few times and then mute the tv and turn on spotify like I do.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    First person that popped up in my mind when I saw 'sidekick' was Maya Fey from Ace Attorney. I like most of the sidekicks from the series.

Well I haven't played many games where you take a sidekick, but I'm going to say Cicero is a sidekick. He doesn't have that bad skills and his little speech things aren't annoying so long as you only listen to them a few times and then mute the tv and turn on spotify like I do.

If you're talking about the Cicero in Skyrim, he's definitely my favorite follower there as well.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • First person that popped up in my mind when I saw 'sidekick' was Maya Fey from Ace Attorney. I like most of the sidekicks from the series.

Every character in Ace Attorney is a masterpiece <3

Some of my favourite sidekicks are:
    -Donald and Goofy from Kingdom Hearts: I like how you can interchange them for other characters, I don't mind the inter character dialogue, and I like the support they give. It's handy having a Magic user, and a high HP Potions user by your side when all you do is spam attacks :P
    -Kazooie in Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, mostly for the humour in it, but she's pretty badass when you turn her into a dragon :) Not to mention the pivotal role she plays in helping Banjo do awesome things like flying and such :)
    -Etna in Disgaea 2, Granted, I haven't played much of it, but she's pretty badass :)

There are probably more but I can't think of them :P

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I know I put him in the introduction of the thread, but I have to go with Agro from Shadow of the Colossus. Because you spend the whole game playing with solely him as the game is so desolate, you gain this really special connection with him as you traverse the world and defeat each colossus. I remember the pure shock and distasteful emotions I felt when Agro fell off the bridge near the end of the gae, it was almost like Team Ico wanted to rip my heart out.

Yukari

Honestly, I'd go with Luigi. I don't understand why he isn't more popular, he really has more of a personality then we do in Mario. :\

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    You guys actually liked Cicero? :o I found him really annoying haha, much preferred using almost anyone else to him. Although when I play now I just end up killing him! I know it's been said before, but my favourite sidekick is definitely Midna from Twilight Princess. She's such an interesting character with really diverse capabilities and makes the wolf form a heck of a lot more fun - plus her witty comments are always a joy to hear. I also love HeartGold's companions in the sense of your Pokémon following you around like a partner, but I admit that's not even close to being the same thing as above. XD

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Grimoire Weiss, from NieR. A delightfully sarcastic talking book voiced by Liam O'Brien. Really, what more could you ask for? When you've got a hermaphrodite who swears with every other word in the group as well, idle party banter doesn't really get much better than that, as the two frequently lock horns and make Nier's life even more of a misery.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I love Epona from Legend of Zelda series. :] She's a horse that you get to ride, and she could take you any place you wish. Epona is very fast, and as soon as you blow your whistle, she'd come running to you regardless of where she is. Alongside, I also like Luigi and Yoshi from Super Mario.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • i'd say Midna from LOZ. i just love her so much, she is totally amazing and in both forms she's beautiful. c: she is highly unique and loyal, plus she's a princess so... yeah. cx

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Kazooie is a pretty good one, but I think mostly I just love that she is as snarky as she is. She ends up causing so many problems for Banjo, but she's still really, really helpful.

Years
  • I always thought daxter from jax and Daxter was pretty cool, also Luigi from the mario series is the #1 sidekick of all time.

Years
  • Mog from Final Fantasy XIII-2! :D Who doesn't love the moogles in the Final Fantasy series? But Mog takes the cake because it talks, gives you advice, and is super plump making it absolutely adorable! >3< It's funny how the characters in that game make fun of it XD But yeah, that would be my favourite sidekick from any video game.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Lydia from Skyrim.

Not only is she backup, but she's a good thing to test spells on! she can do things like hold items for you, trade, and stuff like that. She also helps me beat monsters, considering I'm downright awful at Skyrim.

Back