• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't think of a witty title.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I was thinking about it earlier today and figured I'd post this.

Would you rather wait for true love like everyone does now OR know who that person is immediately and be together without going through countless relationships that don't last?

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Klippy, I know you're the one for me. Let's stop playing these games... D:

Hmm, I'd love to know if a girl was "the one" right away. It'd be great if she had a sign above her head that read something along the lines of, "Larry, this is your soul mate. Talk to her." It'd almost have to be that obvious to someone as dense as me... I'm terrible at picking up coy, little hints.

Until then, I'm good with just going out and having a nice evening with someone. I'm in no rush to begin that epic search we all seem to eventually find ourselves in for that perfect someone.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Knowing that someone was 'the one' right away would be a lazy approach to the relationship, wouldn't it? You wouldn't have to put in any effort at all. It would be dull.

So, no, I'd rather wait for true love.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • The latter because I am impatient at times. Like my current relationship, we always talked on AIM before. And still do. :)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    [jq]I'm lazy and impatient, so knowing immediately would be ideal.[/jq]

I don't mind being dull.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't believe in true love anyway. If you're going through relationships and not putting any work into them because you think "the one" is gonna come along and everything will be sunshine and rainbows all the time then you're just setting yourself up for a life of disappointment.

:'D

But yeah, I'd rather go through the relationships until I find someone. Every failed relationship just tells you what you like/dislike in a person and about yourself, right? It's needed experience, imo.

...not that I've been in a lot of relationships to know but I've seen enough people jump headfirst into a relationship with "the one" and come out in shambles so I'll just learn from their mistakes before I make my own. 8D

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I don't think I want to find "the one". If I found the perfect person then we wouldn't argue and be able to learn from our mistakes. I would rather have someone who has some different opinions than I do.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't believe in true love anyway. If you're going through relationships and not putting any work into them because you think "the one" is gonna come along and everything will be sunshine and rainbows all the time then you're just setting yourself up for a life of disappointment.

:'D

But yeah, I'd rather go through the relationships until I find someone. Every failed relationship just tells you what you like/dislike in a person and about yourself, right? It's needed experience, imo.

...not that I've been in a lot of relationships to know but I've seen enough people jump headfirst into a relationship with "the one" and come out in shambles so I'll just learn from their mistakes before I make my own. 8D
    I don't think I could have said it any better than this.

I rather go through relationships time and time again, until I know that I've found the right person to spend the rest of my life with. Searching for "the one" as Lightning states, will only lead you in circles and leave yourself in disappointment after time. Yes, going through relationships (especially those that last a long time) will make you go through the heart aching moments, but it's what you learn from in life.

If you think about it, even when you find the one person you truly love, there will always be obstacles to face. So, why rush straight into that when you can at least enjoy your life and possibly gain experience on what it's like to be in a love relationship. You learn more about yourself and what you are really looking for in a person.

Plus, why cut the fun short by finding your "soul mate" so fast in life?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd much rather wait.. jumping into something because you think that person is 'the one', usually ends badly. The sucky thing is, even if you think they're 'the one' at the time, this mostly happens to people who are younger and haven't had much dating experience anyway. With that, is the fact that they might spend a few years with this person, because they're determined, and then one day they realize it's not working out. What happens then? They break up, and then realize that they've lost a good number of their teenage dating years on something that wasn't meant to be. :/

Honestly.. screw that. XD

Also, some people jump because they're trying too hard to get into a relationship that works. Trying too hard is never good, either.

I'm not one to jump into relationships, I'm actually almost too patient. Waiting, ftw.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd like to know so I can actively avoid that person for my own amusement, since I assume this thing they call destiny will try to force us together.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

...not that I've been in a lot of relationships...

Please. You have to push men away once you tell them that you're a an admin on a Pokemon site.

I'd rather wait. Might as well have fun before my supposed 'true love', amirite?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • If I knew that "the one" was "the one", that'd be nice, but I'm not gonna go hunting down someone because they're "TEH ONE AND ONLY SOUL MATE!!!!111111"

Years
  • How would you know? Would you have cards or something?
    "Hello, um, are you #51960331-B?"
    "Why yes, I am."
    "I'm #51960331-A. I think we're soul mates."
    "Wait, did you say #51960331-B? I'm sorry. I thought you said #51960313-B. We're not soul mates."
    "Okay, sorry, bye."​
    I'd rather earn someone's love. The things you work for are always more satisfying.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • To be honest, it's half and half for me. It would seem boring to know who I'll spend the rest of my life with and have my love life planned out for me, but if I really loved that person, then I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else.

But though, in any relationship, most people do think they are with their one true love in the heat of the moment, and sometimes it's true and sometimes it's not. Going through countless relationships is probably one of the adventures of your life. Not everyone is the same, therefore having different relationships with different people just gives you all the facts you need to find that one perfect person.

Then again there are people who find the one person they love and always be with for life at the first chance. So that too, is different for people as well. I'm not an expert of relationships nor am I experienced in that department, but right now I feel like I'm with the person I truely want to spend the rest of my life with and I haven't gone through countless relationships just to find him, because in fact he is my first.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Like I care whether there's any sort of hope for me when it comes to romantic love (there isn't, BTW). To me, it's just better to ignore and forget than to risk and lose.

Back