• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Capture Ghost Pokemon(Red/Blue)

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    Is this true?

"To capture ghost pokemon, goto lavender town. Enter your silph scope in to the pc and go into the tower. Battle a ghost. Goto cinnibar island and surf on the right side of it. You might run into MissingNo. or 'M, but you should find ghost pokemon." :\

Last edited:

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    yes that is pretty much true the old red/blue ones do have such a glitch but it doesn't have anything to do with ghost pokemon in the part. I can't remember since it was way too long since I played that but I think somebody else could fill in that part, the cinnibar swimming part is defintely true but I can't rememeber how to activate that thing from happening...I know its not a ghost fight thing but it might even have no requirements...so I'm leaving the remaining to someone else...

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    Ultimathunder said:
    yes that is pretty much true the old red/blue ones do have such a glitch but it doesn't have anything to do with ghost pokemon in the part. I can't remember since it was way too long since I played that but I think somebody else could fill in that part, the cinnibar swimming part is defintely true but I can't rememeber how to activate that thing from happening...I know its not a ghost fight thing but it might even have no requirements...so I'm leaving the remaining to someone else...
    I just tried it and it gives me gastlys, not ghosts. Darn! :disappoin

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    well technically gastly is ghost Pokemon...^_^; but that'd be awesome to catch a literally ghost Pokemon! like the ghost of a Alakazam!

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    Sapphire Latios said:
    well technically gastly is ghost Pokemon...^_^; but that'd be awesome to catch a literally ghost Pokemon! like the ghost of a Alakazam!
    No the ghosts you see without the silph scope. I mean the one that every pkmn is scared to attack!

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    MissingChu said:
    No the ghosts you see without the silph scope. I mean the one that every pkmn is scared to attack!
    yeah thats what i meant...but i get confused...just like with them tomatos *someone throws a tomato at him*

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    I Really WAnt Red/Blue! NOT FAIR! *pout*

Why? The Game Ish Total Crap?

BUT CHARMANDER! So Cute *melt*

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    MissingChu said:
    Is this true?

"To capture ghost pokemon, goto lavender town. Enter your silph scope in to the pc and go into the tower. Battle a ghost. Goto cinnibar island and surf on the right side of it. You might run into MissingNo. or 'M, but you should find ghost pokemon." :\

Cool. I never tried it. I'll try it later.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    I never caught missingno that way. I always talked to the man in virdian city (the one who had the coffee) and said no when he asked if he knew how to catch pokemon. After he explained I'd fly to cinnabar island and surf up and down the right side (half on the land half off) till I found a missingno...though I never actually caught one. This cheat also allowed over lv 100 pokemon to appear and if you put an item in the 5 place of your items, then it would be mulitplied beyond 100.

The ghost one i've not come across.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    Well first off in eariler posts on this topic i said it gave me gastlys. Darn!

Second to catch one you must catch a ghost pkmn and use the pokemon appearance modifier to the GHOST. There. However havn't tried it. Darn!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Just tried it right now doesent work rumor is a failure rumor case solved oh and if you think a master ball will do the job your wrong it just keeps missing you need to get a rom editor to get this thing okay no one talk about the words i just put in this thread oh this might not be a failure try to see if the gameshark code catch other trainers pokemon and you might catch many doubts thou good luck on catching the uncatchable cause i will.
    Oh and sorry if i offended anyone for what i said at the begining.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    I caught a ghost on my real cartridge using a GS about 8 years ago. Ah, back in the day. Yes it is possible, and you could obtain it with an AR as well. But it was a glitch. So nothing became of it. The pokemon had NO attacks and was utter c**p.

Years
    Yea, if you use a Y in the last place of a name you will get a Ghost Missingno, if you use a W in the 3 place you get an Aerodactyl Skeleton Missingno, if you have a X in the 5th space in your name, you get a Skeleton Kabutops Missingno. Thanks Professor Glitch for the information!!

Back