• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Ive been going through my Pokemon cards for the first time in a while and i ran across a few cards that I am having a hard time figuring out what they are really. I got about 10 different types and they all have Sample written in the bottom right corner on front and they have a different back then the rest of my english cards. I was wondering If anyone knows what these are because I don't.

Thanks Very Much,
    Patrick

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Cameras not that good I know sorry but here is one of em.

Attachments

• Card Questions
      chansey.JPG
      20.8 KB · Views: 23

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • ahhh first off the thing on the left of it is a card scanner from the pokemon card game for GBC so thats pretty much the difference is that it is a scannable card hope this helps.

Years
  • Hold up, romeo, it's not over and done like that. Normal eReader cards don't have "sample" on them anywhere.

I'd like to see the back. The fonts and energy symbols looks very off to me, and I want to see what the back looks like.

lloebet

Years
  • And if you look very hard where the date should be on the card it says example mabie from a league??hmm i dont remmember there being sample pokemon packs very peculier....

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Sorry for the slow response had some computer problems

Thank You Very Much for all your help!

I will send them off to this PSA group for grading.

How much does it cost to get a card graded there because I got about 6 sets of 1st edition base set holos that are in Mint condition Ive had sitting here for years and was debating to get them graded as well but depends how much PSA charges per card?

Again MANY THANKS,
    Patrick

lloebet

Years
  • well what i do to check a price for a card would be look at amazon not ebay since thats betting on things.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Don't forget the membership too =/ That's over 100 per year. And remember to buy a ton of Card Saver 1s if you're going to grade with PSA.

And if you do have 6 full sets of Base holos, which is 108 card savers, do be careful when putting the card into the card saver. I put about 55 cards into those today, and because the Card savers have rather sharp edges I ended up cutting my fingers several times. It's a painful process.

LAF

:D
    Years
  • Don't forget the membership too =/ That's over 100 per year. And remember to buy a ton of Card Saver 1s if you're going to grade with PSA.

And if you do have 6 full sets of Base holos, which is 108 card savers, do be careful when putting the card into the card saver. I put about 55 cards into those today, and because the Card savers have rather sharp edges I ended up cutting my fingers several times. It's a painful process.

What is a card saver? I just use sleeves and toploaders, how do you cut yourself?? o_0

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Well I'm not sure if PSA would take cards that came in a toploader, and if they did there is a chance that they can damage it when removing the card.

A card saver 1 is a type of card holder that people use to submit cards to grading. The edges are pretty sharp, so be careful when handling them

Back