• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cards you think should be limited or banned?

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    These are the cards I can see getting limited.

Limited
    _______
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Rescue Cat
    Dark Hole (Seriously swarming has become a problem)
    Black WhirlWind (Endless Rota for Bw, and has no cost)

Banned:
    I cant see anything getting banned.

Discuss.

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    i dont think any cards should be banned,its stupid to create a card then ban it.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Dark Hole has been banned... since forever, and it's not needed thanks/no thanks to T.Tribute at 1.

DSF will probably be the third Synchro to be limited, but not too sure about Kitty, since he's already lost a whole bunch of his partners-at-war.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    No, Dark Hole isnt limited.

And they dont "create" cards just to get them banned. It doesnt work like that.

Game Creator

Work in progress
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    I understand the god cards are completely unfair, but if you can physically set it up where you can sacrifice your three monsters to summon one of them, I think you should be able to. They need to un-ban those.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    God cards are over rated, Never understood why they ever banned cards in the first place and limiting them seems understandable b ut unreasonable...... I hate having to modify my deck over and over especially if I have to remove cards its annoying.

As for what I think will be limited or banned IDK what the 5D's cards are havn't got cards since GX series. Barelly play anymore really...........

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I understand the god cards are completely unfair, but if you can physically set it up where you can sacrifice your three monsters to summon one of them, I think you should be able to. They need to un-ban those.

Getting three monsters out is cake.
    The problem with God cards is that they have no actual effect, just some lore on each card.

For example, Slifer says: "The heavens twist and thunder roars, signaling the coming of this ancient creature, and the dawn of true power." Not to mention its ATK and DEF are X000. Sure we know X = # of cards in your hand, but since it doesn't say that on the card, that's not its real effect >_<

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
    If any of you play with synchros Im thing Stardust Dragon should be limited to one since I mean some dude has 3 in his deck and it's hard to remove 'em all with a card!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Stardust Dragon has a variety of weaknesses and decks should be tailored to exploit those weaknesses, exactly the way they are made to counter Lightsworn, Blackwing, and other meta-types.

Eh, for one thing, Stardust is a weakling compared to other 8-Starred Synchros, boasting only 2500 ATK, even less than that of the 6-Starred Gaia and the 7-Starred Dark Strike Fighter.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    I don't think any cards should be banned. Limited, maybe, since I get annoyed when people use the same card over and over, but why should you ban a card? Because you think it is unfair to use? Isn't it all just part of some sort of strategy? And isn't it the purpose of the game to overcome another person's deck, regardless of what they throw out at you?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I don't think any cards should be banned. Limited, maybe, since I get annoyed when people use the same card over and over, but why should you ban a card? Because you think it is unfair to use? Isn't it all just part of some sort of strategy? And isn't it the purpose of the game to overcome another person's deck, regardless of what they throw out at you?

However, some cards are just too good and take the aspect of strategy and defenestrate it.

Examples being Yata-Garasu, which ends the game on a bad stroke of luck and is near uncounterable, Cyber Jar, which alone destroys all monsters on the field and supplies cards for the hand as well as thinning the deck, and Confiscation, which allows you to look at the foe's strategy and have a chance to eliminate it right then and there.

edit And oh my god, Last Turn. This card alone ends the game if you run Jowgen the Spiritualist, Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo, or other "no Special Summoning" monsters. Last Turn can be used even as early as the second turn, and due to its reqs that you be at 1000 LP or lower, pretty much says "I'm losing, so I'll just activate this to win automatically."

Point being, one card alone should not end the game.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think Rainbow Dragon should be banned, its effect raises its attack points to 11000, but then again you could just Magical Cylinder or Battle Fusion it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I think Rainbow Dragon should be banned, its effect raises its attack points to 11000, but then again you could just Magical Cylinder or Battle Fusion it.

Heh, there are cards much stronger than Rainbow Dragon and much easier to get out.
    Personally, I have had Neo-Parshath at over 34000 ATK and Gren Maju Da Eiza at 16000 ATK or more with no sweat.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Heh, there are cards much stronger than Rainbow Dragon and much easier to get out.
    Personally, I have had Neo-Parshath at over 34000 ATK and Gren Maju Da Eiza at 16000 ATK or more with no sweat.

That's probably the problem with the game, too many cards can instantly defeat your opponents.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    That's probably the problem with the game, too many cards can instantly defeat your opponents.

If you give everyone power, then no one really has it :P

In addition, many countermeasures have already been added to the game to overpowered cards, such as game-winning trap cards (Magic Cylinder, Solemn Judgement, etc.), discard-from-hand negate cards (like Kuriboh, Herald of Orange Light, etc.), remove-from-graveyard effect cards (like Necro Gardna, Volcanic Counter, etc.), and the plain fact that monster cards are just annoying to get rid of now, since they won't stop and just go away.

NoblemanNick

Creator
    Years
    I can Kitty being limited or maybe even ban for it's crazy Synchro deck. DSF I can definatley see being banned, I use it with my BW I won't lie. But it is an incredibly awesome card. Dark Bribe is another I can see being limited.

Back