• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Carpets?

Theonewhoisodd

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    Have you ever notced there is a lack of carpets in the houses during the game?

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • You might have something going here.

You're right, I've never seen carpets in houses!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What's wrong with wooden floors and rugs? GameFreak got lazy in interior decorating, I guess.

Theonewhoisodd

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    I get the point behind the pokemon centers/labs/marts not having carpeting but all the cities houses have no carpets they have rugs but most look the same like in Pallet town all the rugs are green and yellow

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well you don't see any carpets in Zanarkand and no one complains about that besides what's wrong with the wooden floor boards they seem fine and I do believe that the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City had carpet floors

Theonewhoisodd

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    I got no problem with wood floors I was just making a point and the radio tower doesn't have carpet it's just tiles I went back and checked on my Game boy

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I've never really thought about it to be honest.
    But, it doesn't bother me all that much. Nothing's wrong with a good wooden floor and a rug.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Isn't it based on traditional Japanese homes, mostly? =/ The stereotype seems to be wooden floors.

And hey, there is a load of laminate wooden floor in my house. I don't mind them xD

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Isn't it based on traditional Japanese homes, mostly? =/ The stereotype seems to be wooden floors.

And hey, there is a load of laminate wooden floor in my house. I don't mind them xD

That's what I was going to say. Japanese people generally don't use carpets and rugs which explains the absence of them in the houses.

Ayselipera

I don't really pay attention to the houses' interiors. I really don't remember whats in the houses besides a table and bookcase.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    are they important in a game?

i dont think so. but nice catch, didnt notice that lol

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    If you think about it GameFreak also forgot to add bedrooms to all the houses, but they're unnecessary anyways. XD

Back