• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well, I still watch CN but only for these shows: Naruto, Bleach, and Code Geass. That is it. I remember back in the day Toonami was so awesome! They got anime up the ying yang. But as soon they moved Toonami on Saturday nights...it just went downhill a little bit. Granted, they still showed a decent amount of anime. Which I was happy for, but then just start drop anime titles like it is old news. The only thing they didn't drop was Naruto. But still it will be nice to see the rest of MAR or The Prince of Tennis. And what were they thinking putting Hamtaro in Toonami? Yeah it was a okay show, but it would have been wise that they put it in weekday mornings or Saturday mornings.

And this live action stuff...retarded! Goosebumps is back on! Why?!! Who watches this show?! Yeah it was good back in the mid 90's. Not now...ugh. And most of the cartoons that are on now are not that good. I missed Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Looney Tunes, and the most part Hanna Barbera cartoons...

Now if they get rid of Adult Swim, CN is dead to me. It is dead! Well maybe it will be in a coma because they got Naruto. But if they don't show Shippuuden, then it is dead!

And what happened to Adult Swim?! It used to rock. I remember when they first started it, all they show was anime. Now they show less anime and a lot of their stupid shows! Who watches that stuff?!! I really don't!

I swear, CN is going the same path as Nickeloden and Disney. It isn't right, at all.

Last edited:

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm not really a fan of Cartoon Network anymore, they've basically ruined everything about themselves.
    They've taken off all my favorite shows, and have replaced them with ones that I don't remotely like.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Please, Cartoon Network used to be SUPER AWESOME!
    Now it's full of .............shows like Chowder & Flapjack!
    I also miss Toonami's awesome anime shows.
    Acme Hour!

I miss a bunch of these shows, including ones that I can reminisce about:
    1. Ed, Edd, N Eddy
    2. Cow & Chicken
    3. Dexter's Laboratory (which still shows on BOOM, but barely)
    4. Johnny Bravo (shows on BOOM, but barely)
    5. Courage the Cowardly Dog
    6. Powerpuff Girls
    7. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    8. Baby Looney Tunes
    9. Looney Tunes
    10. Hamtaro
    11. I Am Weasel
    12. Time Squad
    13. Mike, Lu, & Og
    14. Codename Kids Next Door
    15. Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    16. Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
    17. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    18. Justice League
    19. Teen Titans
    20. Sheep in the Big City
    21. Robot Jones
    22. Samurai Jack
    23. Dragon Ball Series
    24. Camp Lazlo
    25. Class of 3000 (What happened to that ?)
    26. Out of Jimmy's Head (Where'd that go?)
    27. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
    28. Sailor Moon
    29. Naruto
    30. Yu Yu Hakasho
    31. Zatch Bell
    32. Pokemon Chronicles & Old Series
    33. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    34. One Piece
    35. Atomic Betty
    36. Code Lyoko
    37. InuYasha
    38. Cartoon Cartoons!

Etc.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • Please, Cartoon Network used to be SUPER AWESOME!
    Now it's full of .............shows like Chowder & Flapjack!
    I also miss Toonami's awesome anime shows.
    Acme Hour!

I miss a bunch of these shows, including ones that I can reminisce about:
    1. Ed, Edd, N Eddy
    2. Cow & Chicken
    3. Dexter's Laboratory (which still shows on BOOM, but barely)
    4. Johnny Bravo (shows on BOOM, but barely)
    5. Courage the Cowardly Dog
    6. Powerpuff Girls
    7. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    8. Baby Looney Tunes
    9. Looney Tunes
    10. Hamtaro
    11. I Am Weasel
    12. Time Squad
    13. Mike, Lu, & Og
    14. Codename Kids Next Door
    15. Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    16. Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
    17. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    18. Justice League
    19. Teen Titans
    20. Sheep in the Big City
    21. Robot Jones
    22. Samurai Jack
    23. Dragon Ball Series
    24. Camp Lazlo
    25. Class of 3000 (What happened to that ?)
    26. Out of Jimmy's Head (Where'd that go?)
    27. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
    28. Sailor Moon
    29. Naruto
    30. Yu Yu Hakasho
    31. Zatch Bell
    32. Pokemon Chronicles & Old Series
    33. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    34. One Piece
    35. Atomic Betty
    36. Code Lyoko
    37. InuYasha
    38. Cartoon Cartoons!

Etc.
    I remember watching all those shows.Cartoon network sucks.The only thing I watch on that network is total drama island(mostly because it's coping a lot of my favorite reality shows). The only thing I like about cartoon network now is adult swim. You know ,Gameplay, Naruto still airs (for now) and inuyasha still airs on adult swim randomly.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I definitely agree..
    The only reason I watch it because Pokemon is featured on it. But the rest of the shows are just pure CRAP!.IMO.
    Cartoon Network.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I hate that logo so much. >__< My brain associates it with the nightmare that CN started turning into once they changed the black and white blocky logo to THAT thing.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • Yeah, CN is not the CN is used to know anymore.

Ever since they stopped airing the good ol' shows (ie. Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, EEnE, etc.), its gotten a lot more "boring".

Only shows I like to watch now is Flapjack and Chowder.

Years
  • I hate that logo so much. >__< My brain associates it with the nightmare that CN started turning into once they changed the black and white blocky logo to THAT thing.
    Hehe, same here. 2004 was a dark and evil year... =P

...you know, it's funny that the changeover actually happened over four years ago. I can remember the days when CN used to actually be worth watching, and it really seems almost like yesterday to me. I still can't believe it's been that long since what was once one of the best networks on TV, with such a variety of all sorts of different programming, sold its soul for... a new audience. Ugh.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • I definitely agree..
    The only reason I watch it because Pokemon is featured on it. But the rest of the shows are just pure CRAP!.IMO.
    Cartoon Network.

I don't want to see that thing anymore!
    Cartoon Network.

Awww.....Much better.

What';s with cartoon network and this "kid friendly thing" You want kid friendly change the channel to Playhouse Disney. I'd rather watch PBS kids then this obnoxious kids crap.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Cartoon Network is dead now. I'm still trying to figure out WTH happened to Samurai Jack. I mean, that show was AWESOME! I also want to know WTH happened to Class of 3000. I had high hopes for it.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I remember watching all those shows.Cartoon network sucks.The only thing I watch on that network is total drama island(mostly because it's coping a lot of my favorite reality shows). The only thing I like about cartoon network now is adult swim. You know ,Gameplay, Naruto still airs (for now) and inuyasha still airs on adult swim randomly.

..........................Oh ok! Gotcha!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Cartoon Network is apparently getting waaaay more actiony in Friday nights. With Secret Saturdays and this Batman thing and Clone Wars. And a few days ago I saw Camp Lazlo and the Foster's movie Where's Wilt? on, which made me very happy becuase it seems those shows might be coming back for some re-air time. :3:

Edit: Speaking of "actiony," how come they canceled Toonami? I never really watched it much, but I find it ironic that they canceled it just when they add a handful of new action shows.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ... How old are you?

Cartoon Network, I admit, has gone somewhat downhill. That's bad. even the Mexican Cartoon Network still has the classic shows, they manage to fit them in in with the new shows, they even still have PUFFY AMI YUMI. Them gals r damned hawt :D.

If Toonami was dropped, it better be for a good reason, like a new block for the classic Nintendo shows. For now, I don't watch CN unless Pokemon is on. And The Secret Saturdays is so crooked, I can correct my Algebra teacher on a 361* angle...

Ami yumi r sufah keing HAWT

Years
  • Cartoon Network use to be good. It had great cartoons and anime. However, it now sucks. Currently, the only good show that it airs is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The rest of its shows are awful, especially Chowder and Johnny Test.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Time for me to speak about CN.

Cartoon network has really not been the same for quite a while now. Back in the old days, they had shows like Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, etc. But now they have shows that are too boring really. I enjoy Total Drama Island and Chowder at times but there are things that are seriously wrong.

The main issue that I have with this network is their scheduling. First of all, they air Johnny Test too much and it's not even like they're airing new episodes. The show is on repeat mode and there seems to be no end in sight. Chowder, The Marvolous Misadventures of Flapjack, and Total Drama Island are good shows, but they don't have enough episodes. The only one of those things that actually air new episodes on a constant pace is Total Drama Island.

This leads me to my second problem, variety. Now don't get me wrong, they are getting better now that they have put Robot Boy and other shows on weekdays. But it still seems like the same old thing. Currently, Cartoon Network only has the japanese cartoons; they are Pokémon, Naruto, and Bakugan. Naruto only plays once a week only if they have time after their Action Flicks block, Pokémon on saturday mornings, with repeats of Pokémon: Battle Frontier when everyone most likely will be in school, and Bakugan at 6:30 AM eastern on weekdays with new episodes showing only on saturdays just like the other two already mentioned. Recently, they've taken Pokémon off of the Dynamite Action Squad commercial and don't even air commercials for Naruto anymore.

But to make it clear to everyone, I really enjoy their Action Flicks when they air Batman, the fact that The Grim Adventures of Billy&Mandy have come back, and that they're aquiring new shows. even though I don't watch The Secret Saturdays or Star Wars.

These are just the main things I don't like about it so I'll stop there :D.

Years
  • the network is full of stupid cartoons now. theres lots of cheap, unartistic drawings, characters picking boogers and talking about what they digested, vomiting, and smelling weird stuff. who the Hell would want to watch those?
    out of all of the crappy shows, Courage is a bit better than the rest. but now that i've grown older, i dont bother to watch cartoons.
    there are only 2 great shows airing in the network and theyre Ben 10 and Pokemon. after watching the shows, i go back to doing my thing or watching either the Science or History channel. heh

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I grew up on that channel. With Jhonny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexters Lab, Pokémon and many more. I used to watch this channel so much as a child, that the logo had actually burnt onto the screen of my T.V...Cartoon Network will never be the same. DAMN THAT NEW LOGO!!!!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Yeah, I totally agree, I miss the Cartoon Cartoons of Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd and Eddy, etc. At first I was like, well maybe I hate the new shows just bc I'm older. No. Here's why: if you look at the Cartoon Cartoons, their themes APPEAL to older kids as well as younger unlike a lot of new cartoons. I mean, take the 3 I mentioned: Johnny Bravo was a womanizer. Cow and Chicker were constantly battling a naked devil. Ed Edd and Eddy had distinct family things going on behind the scenes if you caught them, and don't get me started on the Kankers. But that's why they were so good. The goofiness appealed to the younger and the craziness, deeper to the older. I can't find that in cartoons anymore. :-(

[But Pokemon. I love Pokemon.]

Back