• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Cartridge colour?

What colour will the physical copy be?

• Red/Blue like the GBA versions

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Grey like all 3DS games

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Probably Red/Blue but I hope it's Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably Grey but I hope it's Red/Blue

Votes: 71 73.2%

• Total voters

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
  • What do you guys think? the regular grey cartridge for the physical copy or red/blue ones like the GBA versions?

Years
  • If memory serves me right X and Y's cartridges were a white color instead of grey, but after looking at my X cartridge it's more of a very pale grey. I'd be surprised if they made the Omega Ruby cartridge red and the Alpha Sapphire cartridge blue, like the originals had but I'm suspecting they'll keep the pale grey used with X and Y.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    The cartridge color probably wouldn't change but it will add a unique feel if it did.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • White like any other 3DS game cartridges, but it'll be cool if they make the whole thing red or blue :)

Years
  • Probably the standard grey colour but it'd be nice if the cartridges were coloured ... Though looking at the EU packaging it will be the game's corresponding colour which is better than nothing I guess. (I like to display my game boxes.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think it'll be the color of the games. I saw some cartridges in some screenshots that were red and blue for the games. Of course they may not be official promotional material, and just fan promotional material.

Years
  • Pretty sure there haven't been any different coloured 3DS cartridges yet, so it's unlikely to happen now. Why would ORAS get awesome cartridges and XY not? I'd like to see red/blue cartridges, but it probably won't happen.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • IIRC It's already confirmed that ORAS will have regular color cartridges except in Japan.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Back then the cartridges were rather large, and giving popular titles like Pokémon unique colours was good for identifying them. Now they're all smaller cards, basically, and with rising costs of everything, changing a production line to create special coloured cartridges would be an extra unnecessary cost that increases the price of the games to where some people no longer can afford them. They will stay plain grey.

Years
  • Back then the cartridges were rather large, and giving popular titles like Pokémon unique colours was good for identifying them. Now they're all smaller cards, basically, and with rising costs of everything, changing a production line to create special coloured cartridges would be an extra unnecessary cost that increases the price of the games to where some people no longer can afford them. They will stay plain grey.

The games back then still costed the same for customers whether they were Grey or Red, Blue, Green.

Here's some trivia: Pokemon Emerald is the last Nintendo game have have had a colored cartridge. It's also the last Pokemon game to match the color of it's Cartridge (if one doesn't count Black 2 of course xD )

Years
  • I would love for them to bring back the colored cartridges for the Pokemon games, but given how not even HGSS had their own specialized cartridges, I can't see it happening :< The next best thing is the specialized box colors, but the US gets plain old ones, orz

Years
  • I would love for them to bring back the colored cartridges for the Pokemon games, but given how not even HGSS had their own specialized cartridges, I can't see it happening :< The next best thing is the specialized box colors, but the US gets plain old ones, orz

We do? But Japan gets the colored ones >_<...

Years
  • I hope they're red&blue but I think they're gonna be the regular ones.

Europe and Japan gets colored packages, at least! :) I wonder why they gave the regular ones to the US...

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • I think it would be super awesome for color cartridges, and it could happen, but it'll probably be, grey.. :( Not like it's a make or break thing, anyways, but it would be cool.

Back