• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cash, Check, or Card?

Sir Codin

Okay, we need some more topics about something other than sex, birds, and sexual birds.

What do you prefer paying for your stuff with, in general? Cash, check, or card? Are there certain things you pay for one way and you pay a different way for others?

Generally, I pay with a debit card, which is the reason why I rarely ever have any cash on me. However, I pay rent with check since I can't pay it with cash or card.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Always with my debit card, but I primarily use credit when paying with it so I don't have to put in my pin.

I do not carry cash.
    Then I input all my finances into my 2015 spreadsheet for finances.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I prefer to use cash to pay for things, but end up using my debit card more. I can't really explain why I like using cash more, but I do haha. Just a personal preference.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I usually use my debit card for most purchases, except gas, restaurants, and bigger purchases. For those, I tend to use my credit card that gets cash back at the end of the year on all purchases (and a higher amount on gas and restaurants). I don't carry much cash on me at all, and I never write checks anymore since I pay most of my bills online.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you pay with a check for anything other than bills or very large purchases god have mercy on your soul

Yukari

Pretty much always cash because I can't do the other options.

Years
  • I actually tend to prefer cash, I can't explain it very well but there's just something solid about a good old fashioned exchange of goods and physical money. That being said I usually pay with my debit card for most things since it is generally much more convenient - I don't do pay-pass though. I do not like it nor do I trust it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've been getting into the habit of paying with cash more often, because I tend to do less wasteful spending when I actually have the physical sense that I'm losing money with each purchase. Plus its nice when my bank statement doesn't have a million and one random purchases every month--just a few online purchases and automatic bill payments.

I usually pay with checks when I don't have the option to pay with a credit card, but it's too big an amount of money for me to carry around.

Lucid

Cards all the way, I never carry cash. No one does checks anymore and they shouldn't.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I give my mom checks for my phone bill, that's about all I use that for though. I carry cash because it's much easier for splitting bills when I go to lunch with my coworkers, not to mention I can save the change in a jar and spend it on something cool for myself later :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm too lazy to deal with change or chip and pin, so I prefer to pay by tapping my credit card, if it's available. But it's also annoying to go in and pay my credit card bill even if it takes maximum 5 minutes online... so if I can't tap, I usually pay by debit even though it really doesn't matter once I've made at least one credit card transaction that month... but I'm stupidly petty so there you go.

I hate using cash though. I just accumulate way too much change and it weighs my wallet down.

edit: Can you actually pay for anything with cheques??? I've paid for rent with predated cheques but like I'd never carry around a chequebook wtf. o_O

Lucid

Checks are a big pain for anyone who is checking you out, so don't.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Use cash for most day-to-day purchases. Only use plastic when I need to buy something online or receive student grant money.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I use my debit card for almost everything (seriously, I have the number, exp date, and security code memorized), but I usually pay in cash if I'm getting something less than like, $10, or when I'm buying gas for my car since it's cheaper to pay in cash than to use a card. The only time I've ever handled my own checks was to set up direct deposit at my first job and again at my current job. That's it lol.

Bay

Years
  • I use my debit card for almost everything (seriously, I have the number, exp date, and security code memorized), but I usually pay in cash if I'm getting something less than like, $10, or when I'm buying gas for my car since it's cheaper to pay in cash than to use a card. The only time I've ever handled my own checks was to set up direct deposit at my first job and again at my current job. That's it lol.

Same here. A lot of times when I make smaller purchases, less than $20 for my range, I tend to use cash. Otherwise bigger purchases I use debit and credit card if online.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Check? No wai. Checks SUCK.

It's either Cash or Card, depending on the convenience.
    Smaller payments, I prefer Cash. It doesn't feel right to do it with a Card, whether Credit or Debit.
    Larger payments I do it with a Card.

Back