• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Castelia City as your home town? [ #32 ]

How would you feel if it was the home town?

• Total voters

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • I actually voted for everything! xD

It's be a nice change for sure, different is good. Nuvema is cute and nice a good starting point for a big game ahead. Starting in Castelia would be weird, it'd be too cluttered and confusing, especially for beginners to the series. I don't care, you barely visit the starting town anyway, but then again, it being in Castelia may change that.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I think it might be a good idea, but starting in a tiny town with your mother has always been part of the game experience

Agreed. I think it would be less nostalgic if the hometown was a huge place like Castelia City.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I would like to see the possibilities of having Castelia as the home city. However, Nuvema does has its own charm, and is traditional in a way - we always start in such a town! There could be potential from not using a small town as the starting area, but everything is like that for a reason, I'm sure of it. I don't mind it...

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • I would've liked to have started in a smaller city, like the one with the Museum, and receive my Pokemon from the Poke center.
    this will be awkward if thats the city you're talking about

Cid

Years
  • Although I'd welcome something like having a huge city as a starting town, I don't think that the people within Castelia City would fit as people who give you starting information, now that I think about it. For storyline purposes, though, it might be nice and refreshing, but they have to be creative about it.

Xena

I have many skills.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I wouldn't want to start off in a big city like Castelia City. I think I'm too used to starting off in small towns. Castelia would have had me confused much sooner than I would have liked. xD

Years
  • Castelia being the starting town could be interesting for a spin-off game Colosseum style, but not for a main series game. It's definitely part of the Pokemon main series experience to start in a small town, and a city like Castelia is extremely confusing for new players; heck, even I got lost on my first time getting there, and I've been playing Pokemon since the days of RBY!

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hm I don't see why not. If BW is all about being ~new~ then one should not have started in a small town with a single mother and absent father. Maybe at least the parents could be working full-time or something olol. ^^;

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • I like, but there will be glitches cause of the pokecenter, and there will be no lab, and the Gym Leader list will be:
    Spoiler:

And the elite 4 will be at another rooms
    Spoiler:

HINT: Momorito will be the Professor, The Planner as Cheren's place, and the Graphic Editor at Bianca's place.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    They'd have to have that entire city with next to no trainers...or have them increasing in level, and have areas somehow blocked off, then Burgh as your first gym leader. It could work...provided you had to head to Nacrene City next, not Nimbasa City.

However, I'm happy with Nuvema Town. It's the same as always, but different in that, just like Johto, you start in the bottom right, not the bottom-left. And, unlike any region, the Pokémon League is right in the middle of the top, not to one side!

Years
  • I wouldn't have liked that. I like starting out in small towns. Starting in a big city would just feel weird.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years

• [/SPOILER]
    And the elite 4 will be at another rooms
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I wouldn't have liked that. I like starting out in small towns. Starting in a big city would just feel weird.
    Word. For. Word.

Feels so weird when traditions are broken. I like my starting towns to be easily navigable.

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
    Years
  • Pokemon is really an art of taking a situation that seems almost related and realistic and gradually adding fantastic elements sweeping the player away and sucking you in. Besides you people that actually lived and ran around in New York at 10 years old, a place like Nuvema town is the natural choice. Besides; it has the word "New" in it. Herpderp.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    In my opinion, I think it would've been fantastic, but we all know GameFreak always want us to start in little tiny town in every single Pokemon game. T_T

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Castelia City as the starting town? Oh gosh, it's a city, not a town, plus its too huge and has a gym there, and no professor (although D/P/Pt didn't have it either but still). It would make a huge difference between every other game.

Years
  • Really could of done a lot to possibly make the story more interesting. But personally, I like the official starting town just fine. It's small and comfy like all of the other gen. starting towns. Also, it reminds me of my own home town: small, cozy, but not somewhere you could bare to stay in forever.
    But this topic also got me thinking on a lot of other possible starting towns. It really would of been so much more interesting had they picked a larger town with more to it. But the traditional type of town they always go with is also nice.

Back