• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform

Years
  • I used that Castform like once, in a Catchless challenge I did a few years ago. It was kinda fun finding different ways to utilize its moves to make for different weather conditions and create sets out of it, but it wasn't something I would really make a habit out of using.

Years
  • Castform has always brought a smile to its face - the design of it is so adorable! Love the concepts of the other Weather forms as well. Unfortunately, I never use it in my team, and only take its Mystic Water and box it. Maybe if it got an interesting new form in ORAS, I would consider using one.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I didn't use it, because I didn't really saw its potential in battle. Although it has a cute design, can't argue with that! :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Never really used it! Probably tried it out once or twice but it was never as strong as my other Pokemon so, unfortunately while it is cool, it shall be boxed forever.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    When I first played through, I used it for quite a while.
    I really actually liked the idea of a Pokemon that changes depending on the weather and has a specific move that changes type depending on the weather. But unfortunately it takes up too much time to throw in weather effects, change, and then use Weather Ball.

I'm afraid Castform is too heavily outclassed and is more of a 'gimmick Pokemon' than anything else.
    So I ended up ditching it to my PC after using it for a bit. Got too frustrating trying to level it and keep it alive. ;v;

Years
  • I think I attempted to use Castform once or twice, but I never found it useful and ended up boxing it most the time xD It's a cute gimmicky Pokemon, and I love the concept of it changing forms depending on the weather (though disliked how it didn't change forms under a sandstorm), but it just wasn't good enough in-game for me.

ShadowGeralt

Ultimate Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Nope, never used Castform. When I play a game, I always try to end a battle in the 1st round because these games are too easy. That's why I never use Pokemon which needs to be set up before being worth in the battle.
    Castform is nice and with Weather Ball it could be dangerous. But it's just not my type.

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • Take the Mystic Water, put it on a water-type pokemon, box Castform for eternity.

Mystic Water or Nevermeltice on Walrein? lol.

Hmm... you might have to use Castform when you lost a total of 12 pokemon to Wattson and Tate&Liza....
    Hmm... Castform can use Hail to take out Juan's Double Team Maxing Kingdra.

Cornflowerblues

Waterdancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    I did level it to 50 and took advantage of the fact that I can use it as my fire-pokemon while still having an all-water/ice team, keeping hail...
    But I agree, it's not a first choice for a core-team.

Back