• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I never used Castform as I didn't have a place for it on my team. I did see what it was capable of, but I ended up boxing it immediately.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • I always have really enjoyed Castform and thought his particular "gimmick" has a pretty neat trick. I absolutely love the hail form and rain form.

My initial experiences with it back when I was like ... ten, I guess, is that I used it a bit to figure out how it worked, and then did some battles in the rain over on the next route past Fortree. I always associate it with that route more than the actual Weather Institute.

Granted, it has never and probably will never be on any of my serious teams, but Castform is still a very much welcome addition to the series.​

Years
  • ENJOY THE BOX HAHAHAHAHAHA

unless gf made a mega castform with at least 100 base in all stats lol 'cept for attack. i mean, mega castform > mega weezing

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I used Castform once but when i knew it can't evolve, just like Peitharchia thought, i ended up putting him in my PC. But later then, i just realise how strong it is because it can learn a lot of powerful elemental move, i used it against the E4. 8)

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
    Years
  • I feel like Castform would be useful in double battles, but sometimes it gets knocked out before I can actually do anything, and double battles aren't exactly that common to take up a team slot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    I trained it around five levels then realised it didn't evolve and boxed it, deeming it not good enough.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Sadly, I never really used it much, but I definitely have used it! On my first few run-throughs of Hoenn, I would keep it on my team, but after it began to be one shot by Pokémon of an equal level, I decided I needed something a bit more resilient, or that could at least dish the damage out. For this reason, around Fortree, I always picked up a Manectric if I hadn't already trained and evolved an Electrike. In OR/AS my team was full by the time I reached Norman, so I already knew exactly what team I wanted, and Castform just didn't fit, though had there been room, I would have used it again, if only for the nostalgia!

It's a shame so many people think it's useless, since I think with a little bit of perseverance that Castform could potentially be a great in-game Pokémon, perhaps if received a little earlier?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i did actually use Castform for a little while! from getting it on Route 119 until around Lilycove City. i realise that's not very long, but it just wasn't very strong compared to my other Pokémon, so in the end i threw it out. i would adore a Mega Evolution for it though, that would be so great! xd
    my favourite form is the Sun Form, by the way. it looks so happy like that c:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    never really used it. felt like another one of those cute but gimmick pokemon with niche to no usage.

it would have been a viable and much used pokemon if its stats improved when it changes into one of its weather formes.

Years
  • I SAW THIS THREAD AND THIS POST FIRST AND THOUGHT IT WAS MY FANCLUB ;D

Ofc I love Castform! It's the single most unique and adorable Pokemon to ever exist <3 I originally used it in Ruby because I didn't have a 6th team member yet and it looked so adorable and fun as all hell to use haha. It has such a crazy movepool as well which makes it super versatile. I always have one on my team now!!

Indirectly it is your fan club!
    Anyways,I never used castform in r/s/e as I had already 6 members in my team.But i've used it in the 6th gen games many times.Also it's great movepool makes it somewhat a challenge for the opposition!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I thought it had a really cool gimmick! Changing typings with the weather is really cool but why is there not a rock form for sandstorms? I always found it helpful in the Gym Battle vs. Tata&Liza, setting up Rain Dances for my Surf-er to pile on the damage. It's a little frail, and doesn't hit nearly hard enough but it'll be cool to see if it gets a Mega Evolution (we probably missed the best chance for it in ORAS though). I completely love Castform in the hail it just looks so cool!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Castform is certainly one interesting Pokémon as it changes forms according to the weather. Castform also happens to be the fourth manmade Pokémon after Porygon, Mewtwo and Porygon 2. While it is a gimmick Pokémon, undeniably it's still intriguing and memorable till this day.

Years
  • Castform? In my team? I don't accept level 25 weaklings when nearing end game.

rk0hl3.gif

Years
  • Usually I just boxed it immediately, but then I used it once in a Nuzlocke on Emerald. It was actually quite fun to battle with and it even managed to get into the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately it then died in the last fight against Steven. To a crit, if I'm not mistaken.

Years
  • I used it on my playthrough of Ruby, during the battle against Winona...

Everything was going well until Altaria was sent out. Being a beginner, I had no idea what type it was, let alone what it was weak against. Earthquake eliminated my team in one fell swoop; Blaziken. Lairon. Sharpedo. Hariyama had managed to take 1/4 of its health before it too suffered the same fate as the others on its team. All hope rested on the Pokemon that remained; a level 33 Castform, still armed with the Mystic Water that it arrived with. Overflowing with confidence and perhaps arrogance, Altaria instead attacked with DragonBreath, sapping 3/4 of its opponent's health bar. Castform became paralyzed. It struggled to remain in the battle. Only one possible option remained for the possibility of victory, and it laid with a secret weapon; a move known as Icy Wind. With a final push of effort, the 1-foot 1.8 pound Weather Pokemon unleashed a 55 base power Ice-type Speed reducing assault on the enemy. Tensions rose as Altaria's health began to drop... 50...35...20...10... and finally...0. Shock filled the room as Winona's only remaining Pokemon fell from the sky and landed with a soft thud. It was at that moment Castform's legacy was born, forever to be remembered in the form of the Feather Badge.

Tragedy struck when I was organizing my team and PC boxes. An accidental A-button input upon highlighting the "RELEASE" option marked the end of my journey with the little grey Pokemon. It's party icon slowly disintegrated, never to be seen again. Some say that Castform is out there somewhere... Hunting down wild Altaria, burning with the desire to terminate each and every one of them with the infamous "Wind of Death."

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    Every game in hoenn I have used him at least to aid in the 6th gym. Weather ball is a gimmik but it totally helps to choose between water, fire, and ice.

Back