• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] Cat Pokémon or dog Pokémon?

Cat or dog Pokémon?

• Cat

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Dog

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • There are many Pokémon modeled after real life animals. Some of the more popular animals to model Pokémon after are cats and dogs, with quite a few existing for each! These are some, but not all, of the cat and dog Pokémon in the series:

meowth.png
    purrloin.png
    skitty.png
    litten.png

growlithe.png
    rockruff.png
    lillipup.png
    yamper.png

In general, do you like cat or dog Pokémon more?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    fox Pokémon tyvm

Gonna have to side with the kitties on this one. But they are all super cute! ◟(๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Let me see:
    -Growlithe, Snubbull, Houndour, Lillipup, Rockruff, Furfrou
    -Skitty, Glameow, Purrloin, Espurr, Meowth, Meowth, and yet another Meowth... (Litten stops being a cat in its final stage)

Well, I guess dogs win. More interesting designs, more typing variety, and stronger overall.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I enjoy Arcanine and the Rockruff line, but having lived with cats for some years now, cat Pokémon hold a special place in my heart (barring Purugly, Incineroar and Alolan Persian anyway, and Perrserker since it hardly even looks like a cat). It's something I look forward to seeing each new Generation.

Coincidentally, some of my most cherished Pokémon cards are cats/cat-like: various Mew cards, Here Comes Team Rocket! (features Meowth), Neo Revelation 13 Raikou, a chrome Meowth character card (TOPPS), the GB Meowth promo, Dark Espeon... Leafeon's also one of my top favorite Pokémon for its cat-like aesthetic, and Sneasel's been climbing up the ranks since I learned that it's partially based on cats.

@below: Loves me some Luxio!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cat squad all the way :coolcat:
    I've never been that fond of dogs irl, but cats are great. Which translates to Pokemon too I guess, since I like pretty much all cat mons (incineroar doesn't exist to me rofl), whereas I only like a couple of the dog ones.

The Shinx line is Feline too btw. Don't see it mentioned yet ^^

Years
    • Seen today
    I accidentally voted for cat.

Strong preference for dog pokemon. I like almost all the designs, while the cat designs are a bit peculiar to me. There are some exceptions.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    The Shinx line is Feline too btw. Don't see it mentioned yet ^^

I assumed Shinx doesn't count because it's a lynx and this seemed more about Pokémon that are literal cats or dogs (at least in their first forms). Same reason why I wouldn't consider tigers (Raikou), lions (Litleo, Entei) and whatever animals Suicune and certain eeveelutions are supposed to be based on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd say it's pretty evenly matched for me. In the games and irl I like cats and dogs about as evenly as possible.

Years
  • I consider Shinx a feline Pokémon so I'd probably include it in my personal list! It resembles a lion cub to me, which is especially reinforced by Luxray looking so much like a lion.

They're both really really good. irl I prefer cats without a doubt - they're so cute - but Pokémon has created some amazing creatures for both sides. Skitty and Rockruff are my favorites from both groups. <3

Back