• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cat Sketch

Battery Cat

I Love Batterys
    Years
    Ok it looks a little bit bad scaned because the dark shading is not dark here but anyway I need help how to draw realism pictures better. I dislike my way because it looks messey and the pencil looks to much like it and I want it to look more like fur; so can you help me in this spot and any others?
    I might finsh this if it's finsh able.
    What do you think anyway?
    Edit: I got the 2nd edit up, anymore help? Oh and I put the scaner settings on gray style, now the pictue is showing the right shades I did to by the look of it and I did darken it more on paper before I scaned.
    Cat Sketch

I left realism for a long time like a year but I just felt like tring it again but I'm only a little bit happier with it but still I really, really dislike it, I might give up realism and just drew cartoons all the time if I can't draw better then this cat sketch today. So please help me.

Last edited:

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    That's not bad at all! But I recommend going into the finer details using a sharper pencil, or a darker, thinner lead. Maybe lots of photos if you only have one or two, especially different angles. Realism is the hardest of all the types of art, so don't give up. Possibly look at the anatomy I can see a few, tiny mistakes in the face but I can only draw dragons no cats so it's better than what I can do.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
    Wow! That is so cute keep of the good work! It looks so real <i only see a lot of cartoon cats sketched so >> > I love it also because it remind me of my old cat ^^

Battery Cat

I Love Batterys
    Years
    Thanks and Pokedragonfire thanks for some help yeah I have got lots of photos and I went over and added skinier lines on some of the fur and I sew the nose was a bit missed up so I fixed it a bit.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I absolutely love the way you've shaded the top of the head - it looks like you can see each separate strand of fur! The eyes are very nice too! I love your art, Battery Cat! :D The only thing I could suggest is a little more shading contrast :) But this is a fantastic pic!! Keep up the awesome work! *huggles!* ^_^

Back