• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cat that can foretell death

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hmm...I've heard about this.
    I do belive this is true. All animals have the ability to sense things such as death and changes in weather. As do Humans. We can sense death but we just file that horrible gut feeling away as insignificant usually. Unless it involves a loved one. Then we might worry. We are intelligent enough to not metally breakdown when that happens most of the time.
    Animals are better at it because they arent 'intelligent' enough to have reason to ignore that sense that tells them someone will die. They can sense death coming and they hang around hoping for food or something. I bet there's something the story doesnt tell us. Like the cat gets some food reward or something. That's enough to make any creature alert to it's surroundings. Epecially to smells or other sensory input. Just like you can make a dog drool when it hears a bell you can train a cat to come at any stimulus for something it enjoys. Like a toy or food or maybe catnip?
    Anyhow, I think it's true. Animals are much more intune with their envoronment because it's so integral to their survival.
    Humans arent so intune nowadays because we depend more upon social interactions to obtain food. Ex: Going to the store or ordering a pizza or working for money to buy food.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I believe this. Animals are truly amazing ~

However, why can only one cat do it? Doesn't that seem strange considering this likely isn't a case of 'special psycic abilities?

RJx2541

TALK TO THE PAW!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    I believe this might be real. Cats have instinctive powers. Just not Psychic powers xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2007
    has anyone ever suggested that it's a jynx? like the pokemon? haha jk....but seriously like a jinx...

Back